Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  33
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day AFL Round #1 2019

BT just said Dahl wouldn't be used to playing in front of such a big crowd. Lol, what a typical ch.7 dickhead - he only played in front of 100k in the GF
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Likes SonofScray, Grantysghost, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    BT just said Dahl wouldn't be used to playing in front of such a big crowd. Lol, what a typical ch.7 dickhead - he only played in front of 100k in the GF
    Came here to say the same thing. What a flog.

4. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Came here to say the same thing. What a flog.
    All plays into the big club narrative they want to push. Disgusting really. Of course Luke is having a night out....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    All plays into the big club narrative they want to push. Disgusting really. Of course Luke is having a night out....
    Dahl was ordinary, save for a decent 5 min patch in the 3rd qtr.

Dangerfield 8 turnovers but watch all the meeedya scribes fap themselves over his game.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Scrappy game but a decent one to watch given how close it was.

I'd like our chances against both of them
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

We complain about the woeful kicking by our players, tonight both teams were really pathetic. The number of players running towards goal and spraying the ball out on the full was ridiculous to say the least.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    We complain about the woeful kicking by our players, tonight both teams were really pathetic. The number of players running towards goal and spraying the ball out on the full was ridiculous to say the least.
    Totally agree. Was my biggest take out.

That, and after 2 matches no team has scored 100 and only 1 of 4 teams scored over 80. 6,6,6 rule seems much ado about nothing early.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are harsh. A few poor misses but a good game and really hard fought...supporters of both sides would be pretty happy with the commitment to the contest. Both forward lines battled but that's OK.

When you watch teams like the Pies - one of the fancies - hopefully everyone understands why we should be so hopeful about our own chances this season...our midfield just bats so deep - they really would have a hard time countering us and are as 'deep' as anyone else in the league.

I thought Kelly was amazing. West Coast might already be regretting not coughing up the 2x 1st round picks to Geelong because their time is now and man-o-man is he good!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I went along last night and enjoyed the game from a neutral perspective - not the most skilful game but it was a hard fought contest.

Agree on the observations the 666 rule doesn't appear to be making the game more high-scoring, at least not yet - it may change over the season as players get fatigued and space opens up.

Post Thanks / Like

I went along last night and I have never seen both sets of fans melting down about their own team quite like this game. The skill level and decision making was really poor across both teams, for most of the match. They will likely get their shit together, but this looked like a battle of 17th and 18th.
    The fact that it was close and that we weren’t one of the two teams involved kept it entertaining. It actually made me feel better about tonight- surely no team could be as bad as these two?

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed the first 2 rounds. Football was a bit scrappy at times but it is the first round. Thought both Dal and Roughy were both just ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    I went along last night and enjoyed the game from a neutral perspective - not the most skilful game but it was a hard fought contest.

Agree on the observations the 666 rule doesn't appear to be making the game more high-scoring, at least not yet - it may change over the season as players get fatigued and space opens up.
    It's going to take a little while for it all to settle in but there was a heavy drop of rain before the game last night so a scrappy encounter was somewhat to be expected.

I think the 666 rule will be a good one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    You guys are harsh. A few poor misses but a good game and really hard fought...supporters of both sides would be pretty happy with the commitment to the contest. Both forward lines battled but that's OK.

When you watch teams like the Pies - one of the fancies - hopefully everyone understands why we should be so hopeful about our own chances this season...our midfield just bats so deep - they really would have a hard time countering us and are as 'deep' as anyone else in the league.

I thought Kelly was amazing. West Coast might already be regretting not coughing up the 2x 1st round picks to Geelong because their time is now and man-o-man is he good!
    I can see late in games and perhaps even late in quarters we will start to get a move on with our scoring as our depth of midfield numbers comes into play

Kelly was excellent last night

I like how Geelong are able to introduce a number of newer players last night into their already very experienced side

Post Thanks / Like

I went also and make no mistake it was all about territory still. Collingwood locked it in their half for pretty much the majority of the second quarter and failed to score, it really felt like watching the Dogs to be honest.

The 666 works well when there is a quick clearance its great to see one on one contest for what is only a short amount of time. If only we could see it for a little longer.

Even after the loss,Collingwood is the side to beat for mine they have so many weapons. Elliot and Moore if they can stay on the park will make a massive difference and they just need to make sure the mids get the balance right attack/defence wise.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, Zak Butters looks rather handy for Port in his first game, and can use it by foot. Clever player.
    BORDERLINE FLYING