Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  33
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day AFL Round #1 2019

Freo dishing up a good old shellacking to North.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Both of those facts make me very happy. Though GWS having their 1st round pick (I imagine it went for Sheil) sours it a bit
    Yeah, I wonder who Carlton will end up with in 2021?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

3. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Great career move Higgo...

5. Likes KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Great career move Higgo...
    Speak of the Devil, just kicked a soft goal sitting out the back to make the stats look better.
    82 points final margin, silver lining for North would be Bailey Scotts game.(wonder if he's regretting.not picking the Cats)

Post Thanks / Like

Norf topping up with Pittard, Hall, Polec (on 800k a year for 5 years!) and Dom Tyson is going to set them back in the long term.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Norf topping up with Pittard, Hall, Polec (on 800k a year for 5 years!) and Dom Tyson is going to set them back in the long term.
    Who else are they paying? Polec is a decent pick up, really not sold on the others.

Their player development is abysmal. Who have they drafted in the past few years that has developed under their system? Luke McDonald was all the rage his draft year and looks like a plodder now. Jy Simpkin, LDU, etc etc.

That group look coached to within an inch of their life and they've been left with zero instinct. It's Bulldogs under B-Mac style.

9. Likes Sedat, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Speak of the Devil, just kicked a soft goal sitting out the back to make the stats look better.
    82 points final margin, silver lining for North would be Bailey Scotts game.(wonder if he's regretting.not picking the Cats)
    He will be on big $$$ when his next contract comes up , and only around 21 years old . Just enough time to live out the 4/5 year contract when geelong come to help alleviate the salary cap or whatever euphemism dress up pitch for trade week. He will end up at geelong in his late 20s I predict . Can’t see north playing a granny in the next 5 years . Heaps of holes all over the ground. Macmillan one of their best today , where has he been in the past 5 years ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Their player development is abysmal. Who have they drafted in the past few years that has developed under their system? Luke McDonald was all the rage his draft year and looks like a plodder now. Jy Simpkin, LDU, etc etc.

That group look coached to within an inch of their life and they've been left with zero instinct. It's Bulldogs under B-Mac style.
    It was comical watching their lack of system moving the ball out of D50 under any sort of pressure tonight. They completely went to water, seemingly unable to think their way out of trouble.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    It was comical watching their lack of system moving the ball out of D50 under any sort of pressure tonight. They completely went to water, seemingly unable to think their way out of trouble.
    I remember the stark difference between B-Mac and Bevo.
    It's easy to forget that almost every single player that enters the AFL system has been playing the game for years and has a certain level of natural feel for the game. Kill that and you kill what made those players such good junior prospects in the first place.

Can you imagine if we took Ed Richards and told him not to run and carry and play it safe? Naughton to punch from behind instead of going for his marks even as an 18 year old? The Bont to tone it down and play like a mortal?
    From the outside looking in that seems like what North is doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but I cannot resist. It's great to see Essendon doing miserably again this year.
    There will come a day when they do a Richmond and get a final, no doubt AFL nepotism will see to that.
    However, they continue to be the self-entitled bunch who consider themselves an AFL powerhouse by pure virtue of their team colours. I feel this is Karma for their attempts to 'science' their way to the top.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Must be overdoing the tofu.
    That's funny in more ways than one. In Chinese 'eating tofu' means copping a feel. That's because at weddings you would give out free rice and tofu in the old days, and a lot of freeloaders would try to invite themselves. Eating Tofu = groping someone.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

15. Thanks hujsh, Mofra thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    That's funny in more ways than one. In Chinese 'eating tofu' means copping a feel. That's because at weddings you would give out free rice and tofu in the old days, and a lot of freeloaders would try to invite themselves. Eating Tofu = groping someone.
    Haha classic.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

BORDERLINE FLYING

18. Thanks The bulldog tragician, GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

Precious petals, aren't they?
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

20. Likes bornadog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.