Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  38
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 1, 2019 - Western Bulldogs V Sydney Swans at Marvel Stadium, Docklands

Wow. What can I say. Picked us bottom 3 this year and while we still could finish that low I've got a bit more confidence going forward. I actually forgot the game was on and by the time I realised it was too late to travel. Bummer to miss out on it, I love beating them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 1, 2019 - Western Bulldogs V Sydney Swans at Marvel Stadium, Docklands

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    In his presser post game Bevo reckoned Caleb defensively "good overhead...although he has to jump".
    Bevin is as dry as a stick. But indeed Caleb was very good overhead tonight. He was good on the ground and everywhere in between as well.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I bet he wishes he was Caleb Daniel, a real hero.
    POTY so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Just looked on the AFL site and Daniel didn't get in the bests? Though he was flawless tonight, every time he chose to go he impacted the contest and was clean all night with the pill. Great to see him up and going early.

How exciting is it to have a tall of the calibre of Naughton? We have been a talls graveyard over the years but this kid is the real deal.

I love saying liiiiibbbbaaa at the footy so good to see him back, down and dirty as ever.

Sammy Lloyd welcome!

5. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was super critical of Crozier last year.
    He did not have a superstar game tonight.
    He had 7 disposals. So he was poor?
    Nope. He was reliable, his efforts were repeatable, he was to his credit, and no doubt to his teammates enjoyment, predictable.
    Every contest, he brought his best. And when he got actual possession of the ball, he used it well.
    I have a lot of posts on record highlighting criticism of Crozier; this post feels required. Credit where credit is due.
    If Hayden brings that sort of reliability most weeks, then our undersized defense is not an issue.........providing out midfield bring IT.

7. Likes ratsmac, Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Apparently Chris Hemsworth was there tonight
    Who is Chris Hemsworth?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Great effort in the last after looking we'd run out of gas.

The defence did well to hold them to under 10 goals. Won't lose many if they can keep doing that.

We look so much cleaner by hand and by foot-for 3 quarters anyway.

Gotta convert gettable goals like in the second qtr. Game should have been over at half time.

Post Thanks / Like

How did Smith go in his first game?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

How good is it to have footy back! Heart in the mouth stuff in the last quarter but such a great effort to rally and kick the last two of the game. Naughton ... is going to be a superstar.

12. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    He was ordinary.......overall..
    And yet... I've never been more confident that we've found a player.

Post Thanks / Like

Who is Chris Hemsworth?
    A Dog supporter and a manifestation of a Thor myth. He is also a gift from the gods for the marketing department and his gift to the Dogs was this visit with Matt Damon. It was obvious mateship based on love of the Dogs and the game. The hero loves our heroes. Kids tune in to that too.
    Last edited by BornInDroopSt'54; 24-03-2019 at 01:53 AM.

15. Thanks Dry Rot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We had ten left footers in the team...so that's five times the average of ten percent. Inadvertant tactic?
    At one stage when English kicked with his right foot, I was expecting his left.
    Thing is they are all good kicks. We have a talented group by foot.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the last few minutes on fox footy now. Go Dogs!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I was super critical of Crozier last year.
    He did not have a superstar game tonight.
    He had 7 disposals. So he was poor?
    Nope. He was reliable, his efforts were repeatable, he was to his credit, and no doubt to his teammates enjoyment, predictable.
    Every contest, he brought his best. And when he got actual possession of the ball, he used it well.
    I have a lot of posts on record highlighting criticism of Crozier; this post feels required. Credit where credit is due.
    If Hayden brings that sort of reliability most weeks, then our undersized defense is not an issue.........providing out midfield bring IT.
    Dare I say it, he had Dale Morris like stats and played a selfless game for the team sorta like Dale Morris.

He had a pretty nervous first game but I'm sure he learned plenty. Probably needs to go back to Footscray to get with the speed of the big leagues. But he'll be fine.

Well I sincerely apologise to Bevo, the coaching staff, the club, the supporters, the woofers, my wife, my kids and most of all the players for my negativity going into this season. There has been 2 years of slowly dropping off from the summit to the bottom of the mountain and it had taken it's toll until last night. I haven't had fun like that at the footy since you know when. I haven't seen that determination across all 22 players since you know when.

There is so much to get excited about when we bring that sort of game. Tackled hard, numbers at the contest, players running hard to create an option or to get back into position and putting their head over the ball.

I LOVED seeing Schache going in 110% into contests where he knew he was going to get hit. He even cleaned up Alir Alir once when it was his turn to go.

If we bring that game every week we will be difficult to beat.

GO DOGS!!!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

19. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing better after a glorious Saturday night to watch a cheeky replay first thing.

Our midfield went to work early - who can stop them?