Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  38
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 1, 2019 - Western Bulldogs V Sydney Swans at Marvel Stadium, Docklands

I so loved the team effort tonight, particularly the last quarter recovery of a game which could well have been lost.

Seemed like the whole team dug deep when it counted. Great sign from such a young group.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

2. Likes Eastdog, josie, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 1, 2019 - Western Bulldogs V Sydney Swans at Marvel Stadium, Docklands

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Apparently Chris Hemsworth was there tonight
    With Matt Damon.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Apparently Chris Hemsworth was there tonight
    I bet he wishes he was Caleb Daniel, a real hero.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

5. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get around us!!!!

MJP for president!!!

Great win...I had tipped us 40+(did not reflect my confidence here given the negativity which has been going on) which is the margin we should have won by. It was good that they came at us and made it a contest though...our young blokes learn plenty from those last 15 minutes.

Great night.....WOOF WOOF!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What a win! We looked so much better. Attack on the ball, pressure on the opponents, much improved. I like the look of Bazlenka (but the nickname he brought with him is a dud!)... So good to see Libba doing his thing... Bont looked the goods...

Those jumpers looked good from far away. Maybe that's where they ought to send them. Far, far away.

God that win felt awesome!
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Ive sent a message to my boss saying I will be late in Monday as I'm lining up for finals tickets
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Go Dogs - that’s exactly what we said at end of match. The young ones looked so tired but they dug deep. Naughton is a young star- not since Grant can I recall confidence in marking I50 with a young forward. And he made some crucial spoils in last quarter when Bevo switched him to backline. Geez I wish we could clone him. And some of English’s tap work was top class-he just needs to hold on to a few more marks to be the complete mobile ruck.

10. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Ive sent a message to my boss saying I will be late in Monday as I'm lining up for finals tickets
    If you wait till Monday, you'll miss out....there's quite a queue here!

12. Likes Eastdog, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Get around us!!!!

MJP for president!!!

Great win...I had tipped us 40+(did not reflect my confidence here given the negativity which has been going on) which is the margin we should have won by. It was good that they came at us and made it a contest though...our young blokes learn plenty from those last 15 minutes.

Great night.....WOOF WOOF!!!
    MJP has earned a lot of points tonight. Deserves credits, maybe votes?

14. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What a difference Libba makes to this team
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes kruder, Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff - like others, lots to like, lots to work on

But we showed a depth of contributors that should serve us well

Our players were a bit patchy but most showed a bit

Lipinski should be considered after 38 in the vfl

Post Thanks / Like

Love your optimism, and why not? Wins like tonight build self belief.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, Gary. In well over a decade of reading your posts, here and on the other forum, I'm not sure I've seen you post something so distinctly removed from a position of defensible rationality.... I like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    MJP has earned a lot of points tonight. Deserves credits, maybe votes?
    Agreed. I think a few shared his confidence...but, he was the one prepared to put it on the line and the one who was here to gee us up when the sky looked cloudy the past few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Good team performance. We had a pretty even spread over the night. Quite a few clangers and goal kicking was again an issue. Could not fault our attack on the ball especially in the last quarter when things got a bit desperate. I was very impressed with Caleb Daniel. He contested everything and got us out of trouble many times. Our undersized defence did well.
    It was great having Libba back and Wally also did a power of work. Was a bit of a worry the way we got sliced up in the last but was great that we saw them off and ran over them.
    In his presser post game Bevo reckoned Caleb defensively "good overhead...although he has to jump".