Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers and Anchors - Rd 1 2019, vs Sydney Swans

B- Naughton and playing him forward, having the gonads even with Dale going down.
    - pressure was back , we won the swarm
    - The Bont getting back to the old Bont.
    - Tom Liberatore, massive in
    A - The ability to make the most of our dominance inside 50 . Need to nail teams when we dominate .

2. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

B -
    - Libba being back makes our team that much better, I almost feel that Lib is needed by our entire team to give us that 'gusto' and 'swagger' we've been missing. Club needs to give him a contract extension ASAP.
    - Naughton - Train him and play him forward and never look back
    - Lloyd i think will become a star Dog if he keeps playing the way he was.

A -
    - Converting after we enter inside 50
    - Turning the ball over with some questionable ball movement choices
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers:
    1. Josh Schache - May not have shown on TV, but his bump on Aliir just before half time is exactly what he needs to do to shrug the soft accusations
    2. McLeans kick to the Bont - centimetre perfect
    3. Libba - great to have him back, especially his banter. Would love to have him miked up for a whole game

Anchors:
    1. It’s been talked about in the media a fair bit but the turf was average at best. I noticed on a couple of occasions that a substantial amount of sand spraying up from sliding and tackling
    2. Bailey Williams - I love him and he was sometimes undersized but he just got out marked on too many occasions
    3. The afl for reportabley paying for Chris Hemsworth and Matt Damon’s bar tap. Why don’t you lower the price of bottled water instead

5. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Picking up two blokes - Duryea and Lloyd - who can boot goals from the 50mt line is very handy. Lloyd's was like a seagull swooping on a chip when he slotted his second.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

7. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    It is so loud it is difficult to have a conversation with your mates at quarter and half time
    I'm guessing you were on level 1? I thought on level 3 it was significantly quieter than previous years

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    I'm guessing you were on level 1? I thought on level 3 it was significantly quieter than previous years
    Level 2
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

1. Winning. Great team effort to get the win. We didn't roll over when seriously challenged. Getting the first win of the season out of the way. I thought our first real chance to win was against Gold Coast. This win will have added so much confidence going forward.

2. Libba. How good is Libba when he's fit and firing! Libba in 2017 was so disappointing and I wondered whether he was finished mentally or not. Then he does his knee. The way he has come back, trained hard and prepared himself is and absolute credit to him. He was sensational on Saturday.

3. Naughton. He makes the game look easy whether he is in defense or up forward. He's a second year player. Get excited.

Anchors

1. Giving the swanies a sniff. I think we fatigued in the last and struggled to get our hands on the ball. But we held on!!

2. Goal kicking. We need to improve still. We should've put away the swans by halftime if we took our chances.

3. Buddy. Done nothing all game then gets a Joe the goose and almost looks like the hero again. Wood done a great job keeping him quiet.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.