Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

3 Things I've learned Round 1 vs Swans 2019

Hopefully you all know the drill,
    3 things that you learned from our game against the Swans
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 Things I've learned Round 1 vs Swans 2019

Naughton could be anything, Libba has still got it, 6,6,6 is a great idea , Sam lloyd is a great pick up.
    Schache shows good signs, we are running and taking the game on.
    Bring back the biff

3. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Naughton needs to be long term signed
    2. Richards needs to be long term signed
    3. Winning against good teams on prime time feels awfully good
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

1. Aaron Naughton could be anything as a forward where have I heard that before. He doesn't look like he is going anywhere. In the rooms he was super pumped about the win.

2. Our ability to weather the storm. Wouldn't have happened last year, happened tonight. We tried everything to slow their momentum. We slowed the tempo well and I can't remember an end to end goal for them. They got onto a few at end but we made them work for it.

3. Libba, heart, soul, Bulldog.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

6. Likes I'm Not Bitter Anymore! liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Naughton is every inch the marking leading forward we have been crying out for, a naturally gifted footballer;

2. Libba - give him the contract extension now. He bossed the midfield releasing Bont, McLean, Hunter, Daniel to create;

3. Intensity - if we bring this hard running intensity we can overcome most sides.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Sign Libba for another 3 years
    2. Sign Naughton for another 6 years
    3. Sign Richards forever
    4. Winning feels so good after everybody has written us off
    5. We have something special building
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

1. Libba is back. It's a point of difference, when you have an out and out maniac at multiple contests for 4 Qtrs. He was the physical embodiment of an Exocet missile tonight.
    2. Naughton is a game changer. A rarity. We have to lock that up long-term NOW. Freo and WC will come calling....and 15 other clubs
    3. Schache still has a lot of work to do to meet his expectations as a number 2 pick. He needs to lift intensity, and do the basics brilliantly.

10. Likes josie, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We are very different with Libba back on deck.
    2. The new #6 looks better than the old one (not Johnno or Charlie )
    3. The recruiting/list management for this season was well done. They've all added something.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

12. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Umpires need to learn the basic rules like holding the man, incorrect disposal and forget the BS introduced by Hocking and Gilligan

2. We have a top midfield that will dominate this year - Macrae, Libba, Bont, Wallis all were brilliant.

3. We need two Naughtons
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes josie, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Astute trades are better value than landing a 'big fish'. Duryea and Lloyd earned their keep.
    2. The 6 6 6 rule is a winner. As in it helped us win the game in the dying minutes.
    3. The coach knows better than all of us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    3. Winning against good teams on prime time feels awfully good
    This. We've lost out or way and lost a lot of prime time slots because of how poorly we've performed. It's good to get one on the board with everyone watching.

17. Likes bulldogtragic, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Aaron Naughton has the potential to be a 40/50 goal a season forward if we shore up the defensive end to allow him to play out the season at the pointy end, offers us a target and a contest at every forward fifty entry.
    2. We are a much better side when we get the kick to handball ratio right as we did last night.
    3. We smashed the Swans inside and out ran them outside. Good mix of contested and uncontested footy. We never seem to have an issue getting the ball inside fifty but last night gave me confidence that we had the tall marking option deep when available but also showed we were able to lower the eyes well to a hit up forward when the opportunity arose.

19. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    1. Astute trades are better value than landing a 'big fish'. Duryea and Lloyd earned their keep.
    There was plenty of hand wringing over those trades but I never got it. Two solid citizens that made our team instantly, incrementally better. You can't land a star with every trade, but if you can make improvements then you do it.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

1. Naughto could be our generation version of Chris Grant (if only we had two)
    2. Bit worried about Dickson’s mileage, injuries last year have potentially cost him some power in his kicks.
    3. Daniel can compete in the air.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Lloyd is better than I thought. Involved in both sealers. Made the massive tackle to spill the ball that ended up with Toby hitting up the Bont for the first. The last goal of the game. Just brilliant from Lloyd. Made the tackle. Got straight up for the 2nd effort. Hit the contest at speed and then knew where the goals were. Just massive.

2. Every single time Naughton had a run at the footy he looked like he was going to mark it. Just a natural footballer with an uncanny sense to read the ball in flight. He is going to be a star.

3. Caleb Daniel's composure and confidence with the ball in hand has grown again. Just tremendous. Creates so much for us.

23. Likes azabob, BornInDroopSt'54, N/A liked this post