Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  22
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 Things I've learned Round 1 vs Swans 2019

Naughton also seems to own the corridor rather than leading into the pockets which is nice as it gives him an actual chance of kicking it.

2. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    1. We might just have the best depth of on ballers in the comp.
    2. Feeling excited seeing Naughton as our key forward. A straight kick too which is the icing.
    3. Something positive happens when the ball is in Caleb's hands.
    Watching CD is great. His reflexes are so fast and he can change decision at last minute, a little like Aker used to be able to do.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He seems to kick the ball with little effort and it goes straight and long. His he one of the straightest kicks we have ever seen.
    Perhaps not ever, Dickson says hello. But back to Naughton which makes it even more strange in the first quarter he kicked the ball around the corner rather than walk in straight.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

1. Having Libba back to his best is thing to happen to our group. Should've had a couple of goals too.

2. Taylor Duryea has a leg canon too! I knew he was a neat kick but I never knew he could do that. From outside 50 and sent it 5 rows back. Suckling, Bontempelli, Williams, JJ and now Duryea can all send it from outside 50. This is a tactic we should be working on.

3. Confidence is back. Our confidence definitely dropped of as injuries mounted over the last couple of years. Well it was back on the weekend. Hopefully it sticks around.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Perhaps not ever, Dickson says hello. But back to Naughton which makes it even more strange in the first quarter he kicked the ball around the corner rather than walk in straight.
    Thought the same thing. Would have been confident he would have slotted it running straight in. It was his opposite leg too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton31 View Post
    1. Libba is great.
    2. The Bont is great.
    3. The roar when the Bont kicked that last quarter goal I haven't heard since 2016. Woof.
    When McLean's kick was still in the air the crowd around me lit up because we knew exactly what was going to happen. It was a great moment. I have to go back to our win over the Swans early in 2017 to come up with an equally enjoyable win.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Thought the same thing. Would have been confident he would have slotted it running straight in. It was his opposite leg too.
    At the time I thought good he's confident to kick around corner on non preferred. Reminded me of Boyd's left hook from set shot in final. But yes maybe should've gone with standard straight kick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    At the time I thought good he's confident to kick around corner on non preferred. Reminded me of Boyd's left hook from set shot in final. But yes maybe should've gone with standard straight kick.
    I don't understand why footballers insist on the around the corner shot. Heeney did the same in the first and missed by a mile.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

1. If we can bottle the contested ball (and pressure more generally), with an attacking game plan and precise disposal then we'll be ok.

2. What I loved especially about Daniel's game was his touch when the ball was pinging around in packs - kept getting it out or deflecting to our advantage.

3. I also really liked that we didn't go back into our shells when challenged in the last. We were out on our feet, making mistakes, but still trying to win it (rather than not lose it). A good sign for the playing group I think.

I'm still only cautiously optimistic, but we did seem much better by hand than most of last year, as well as balanced and hunting in packs. Quick ball movement can still mask some of our lack of pace, although the Swans are also slow, so it will be interesting to see how Clarkson tries to break us down on Sunday...
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will