Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  34
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment.

My moment: Bonts goal in the last was massive. Huge in getting our confidence back and ultimately led to us winning. I was jumping up and down celebrating that goal.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

The Bonts game was great and he instills confidence in the whole team. That goal is what Bevo's mantra is: take risks to create.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    The moment for me was watching the replay and late in second q the camera focuses on our interchange and Naughton is snarling at other players to come off and let him on.
    Pretty sure he’s yelling at Billy Gowers, which only makes it better and more relatable
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

4. Thanks SonofScray thanked for this post
    Likes Go_Dogs, hujsh, bulldogtragic, Happy Days, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great thread topic! Can't go past the McLean to Bont play on this occasion

Post Thanks / Like

Gowers' muffed dribble kick back inside, inside the defensive 50 to turn it over after repeat defensive efforts was almost The Moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Gowers' muffed dribble kick back inside, inside the defensive 50 to turn it over after repeat defensive efforts was almost The Moment.
    What was he thinking?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Bonts goal in the last was the moment for me..got everyone out of their seat

StanleyD Guest

Going past all the heart attacks in the last quarter there were two moments of real enjoyment to me.
    Libba making cry baby faces at someone mid first quarter, made me laugh and was so happy to see him back. Then shortly after when Richards came off the bench and goaled within a minute.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Mclean's kick was sublime.
    McLean seemed to be our cleanest ball user in the second half. Ripper mark he took too.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Schache had a hand in the sealer as well. Completed hard with multiple efforts, before someone shoveling the ball into Sam Lloyd's hands.

But it's hard to go past that Bontempelli goal. I don't usually leap to my feet when I watch a game at home but I did for that goal, complete with the sunnies on my head being thrown across the room.
    Why were you wearing sunglasses in your loungeroom at 9.30 on a Saturday night? If your kids don't think that you are cool by now then it's probably too late!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    This is the beauty of your thread. The line between losing and winning can be executing in one moment, irrespective of the game they've had. Think the Wallis on the full last year vs North. Great game, poor moment. Tonight Josh had an average/ok game, great moment. That's what we have to want or expect, in close games in the final minutes, players take their moment.

P.S. I actually thought he'd not be able to cleanly grab it looking at the bounce, being a big man and his fatigue, and his opponent would drive it back. It doesn't huge if you haven't seen it, but I thought it was. Shows the kind of touch and finesse in his ball handling.
    What makes the Bont so great is that he owns moments like that. I've seen a few players play with us with the same amount of talent and skills but most of them only played a limited amount of games because unlike Marcus they avoided those moments whereas he actively seeks them out. Real champions want the ball in their hands at the vital stages of the game.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

12. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    The moment for me was watching the replay and late in second q the camera focuses on our interchange and Naughton is snarling at other players to come off and let him on.
    Was fantastic footage
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Schache realising he's a key forward and cleaning up Aliir right on half time

We physically beat up on Sydney for 3 quarters, even guys like Schache who are criticised for a lack of physicality knocked their opponents out of the way, was great to watch
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Why were you wearing sunglasses in your loungeroom at 9.30 on a Saturday night? If your kids don't think that you are cool by now then it's probably too late!

What makes the Bont so great is that he owns moments like that. I've seen a few players play with us with the same amount of talent and skills but most of them only played a limited amount of games because unlike Marcus they avoided those moments whereas he actively seeks them out. Real champions want the ball in their hands at the vital stages of the game.
    In fairness I'd been working outside all day and they were still sitting on top of my head.

Bont's reading of the play, knowing when to charge forward, is what gets him into situations like Saturday night, and in the Prelim, and last year's Sydney game. Even though he's one of the slowest in the team he gains ground by being smarter than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the moment that change the game was when the umpire called Buddy to play on while taking that set shot. The ball hit the post. The pill was back in our hands and we could reset. Fast forward and our guys believed that the footy gods were back
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

17. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    I thought the moment that change the game was when the umpire called Buddy to play on while taking that set shot. The ball hit the post. The pill was back in our hands and we could reset. Fast forward and our guys believed that the footy gods were back
    A goal from Buddy and scores would have been level - anything could happen after that.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.