Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  34
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment.

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Schache realising he's a key forward and cleaning up Aliir right on half time

We physically beat up on Sydney for 3 quarters, even guys like Schache who are criticised for a lack of physicality knocked their opponents out of the way, was great to watch
    Yep, that's a good observation. I think it was in the second, Grundy had the ball near the boundary and Schache hit him at pace and dragged him over the line. Grundy is pretty adept at using his hips to shake off tackles, and has 10 more years of strength and conditioning on Josh who made his presence known and resulted in a boundary throw in and not waltzing out. Small signs, but good signs.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes WBFC4FFC, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The moment for me is early in the match on the wing/half forward Ed Richards beat 2 or 3 of the Swans players with deft touches of the ball then broke away and sent a scintillating pass to his team mate. Magnificent play young man.

4. Likes N/A, craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Moment:

Thanks to Al's Highlights
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Great Moment:

Thanks to Al's Highlights
    I didn't realise he'd run quite so far. Showed a real burst of speed to get going.

God, I love him.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure Nathan Brown's call was overly enthusiastic!
    That moment so reminiscent of a certain goal in a certain prelim. not that long ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I didn't realise he'd run quite so far. Showed a real burst of speed to get going.

God, I love him.
    You could see his mind processing that bit of play. We have 2 players (Wallis & McLean), they have 1... I’m out of here!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Schache realising he's a key forward and cleaning up Aliir right on half time

We physically beat up on Sydney for 3 quarters, even guys like Schache who are criticised for a lack of physicality knocked their opponents out of the way, was great to watch
    Couldn't help doing a genuine double take when that unfolded.

Schache straight-lining a loose ball and barrelling through the biggest Swan on the park without blinking? Hang on, what?

If it's a precursor to a little more scrap in his game well giddy up.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

11. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lloyd's late goal on the run from 50 pretty much cracked them and broke their momentum. I knew we'd win when he kicked it.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Couldn't help doing a genuine double take when that unfolded.

Schache straight-lining a loose ball and barrelling through the biggest Swan on the park without blinking? Hang on, what?

If it's a precursor to a little more scrap in his game well giddy up.
    I don't aggression comes naturally to Schache but the Aliir contest and the contest in the last near the F50 arc where he ran through an opponent shows he's listening to his coaches and making inroads. He actually made a few contests that gave us a chance in the F50.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I don't aggression comes naturally to Schache but the Aliir contest and the contest in the last near the F50 arc where he ran through an opponent shows he's listening to his coaches and making inroads. He actually made a few contests that gave us a chance in the F50.
    Sure, EJ incarnate he ain't no matter how much we try to angry him up, but if he hunts more ball like a player with the athleticism of a wingman albeit one nudging 100kgs he might be pleasantly surprised with the results.

They're cast from slightly different moulds but there was a moment a young Jack Riewoldt figured out that if he was willing to be a little more combative to get the pill a bloke with his physical attributes could be quite the handful, influence more contests and earn more opportunities to use those skills in the process.

A few more games, a bit more confidence in himself and the team around him, and ideally the same penny drops for Schache too.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Sure, EJ incarnate he ain't no matter how much we try to angry him up, but if he hunts more ball like a player with the athleticism of a wingman albeit one nudging 100kgs he might be pleasantly surprised with the results.

They're cast from slightly different moulds but there was a moment a young Jack Riewoldt figured out that if he was willing to be a little more combative to get the pill a bloke with his physical attributes could be quite the handful, influence more contests and earn more opportunities to use those skills in the process.

A few more games, a bit more confidence in himself and the team around him, and ideally the same penny drops for Schache too.
    All true, however I'm still scarred from decades of following the Bulldogs and having us continuously having nobody to kick to on the HF line save for the guy with a helmet who is our newest CHB, or during our last run at success a Mitch Hahn who was shorter and slower than his direct opponent.

Schache presents and leads and I don't recall him getting out marked in round which brings our smalls into it. His stats aren't flash but he really is playing his role. A goal per game puts him in the top couple of goalkickers on our list in any of the past few years aside from 2016.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of times Schache led and the ball was kicked high to him and Aliir was right on his hammer and spoiled. Maybe if it was kicked for him to run onto even as a chest mark then he couldn't be spoiled.