Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Billy Gowers (BG) You both rule AND suck

We're probably best just setting up a designated Billy Gowers (BG) thread for the thing he does well and the things he does that is puke-worthy.

BG.. You've got the strut, manouvres of a bird that is well pleased with the feathers it has to display. TICK..
    You find a way of influencing play...TICK.... allowing you further opportunity to spread your feathery finery........
    And yet you also somehow find a way, that is almost scientifically impossible to shit on that feathery display...ensuring anger from your watching supporters.
    And then, when we're ready to deny you 3 times, renounce you, you bob up and do the thing required...

Has there ever been such a frustrating/inspiring Bulldog?

Who else has made us both happy and angered us in equal measure?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Billy Gowers (BG) You both rule AND suck

Come on down Matt Suckling! Agree with Billy G. He's a mecurial talent with a propensity for shooting himself in the foot.
    Matthew Suckling should just roost the ball into the next suburb every time he gets it.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

So, Billy was paid a mark that was clearly not a mark. AND he kicked the ensuing goal.
    Now, I say, suck it football community; We've copped worse, and over decades.
    That is it. not a question. A statement.

Post Thanks / Like

Macrae - once more refusing to take a shot at goal, and when he finally tried to in the last quarter it was a short kick that went straight to the Swans.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think if you looked Mercurial up in the dictionary it could easily get away with just putting a picture of Billy Gower's there.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Macrae - once more refusing to take a shot at goal, and when he finally tried to in the last quarter it was a short kick that went straight to the Swans.
    If we're going to criticise others, how about Bontempelli double grabbing a routine mark late in the game to lose it out of bounds, right when we needed some stability.

If it's not clear already, I am being sarcastic.
    "It's over. It's all over."

7. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    If we're going to criticise others, how about Bontempelli double grabbing a routine mark late in the game to lose it out of bounds, right when we needed some stability.

That was a mark, or at least a free kick. You can't push a player like that in a marking contest - he was pushed across the line. Maybe a bump and pretending you are going for a mark, but a blatant push.

I thought Macrae made big strides with his kicking last year, but last night he went back to old habits.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

That was a mark, or at least a free kick. You can't push a player like that in a marking contest - he was pushed across the line. Maybe a bump and pretending you are going for a mark, but a blatant push.
    I'm surprised I received a serious reply.

Of course it was a mark. I was being facetious.

Post Thanks / Like

That boundary umpire was deluded, dyslexic. He first signalled touched, out of bounds. Then he said it was a double grab with the second being over the line. He was so focused on the ball being touched over the line he did not consider the ball had been marked already which it cleafly had been. Total idiot needs to be retrained. The field umpire backed him although he must have had big doubts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    That boundary umpire was deluded, dyslexic. He first signalled touched, out of bounds. Then he said it was a double grab with the second being over the line. He was so focused on the ball being touched over the line he did not consider the ball had been marked already which it cleafly had been. Total idiot needs to be retrained. The field umpire backed him although he must have had big doubts.
    Which I don't get - the field umpire had already called a mark and should have backed himself in.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised I received a serious reply.

Of course it was a mark. I was being facetious.
    Sorry for being serious

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for being serious
    I expect better from you....

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is a bit harsh. He's just a kid. Who doesn't have flaws in their game anyway? He'll develop in sure. At least he gives it all.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

16. Likes azabob, cinder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    This thread is a bit harsh. He's just a kid. Who doesn't have flaws in their game anyway? He'll develop in sure. At least he gives it all.
    Plus 1. I don’t like the thread title even if it is in jest (I assume it is).
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Plus 1. I don’t like the thread title even if it is in jest (I assume it is).
    You assumed correct.
    All I was trying to convey was that Gowers is likely going to be that guy who both performs the sublime and quite likely to also provide the ridiculous. Kick the one from the boundary or try and dribble one through 4 or 5 defenders.
    Last edited by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot; 24-03-2019 at 06:23 PM.