Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11
    Post Thanks / Like

Who remembers when THIS happened??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwbayl4RaHw

(aka the moment when I thought we might actually win the grand final).

- Go to the 17 second mark on the video**
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

2. Thanks Raw Toast thanked for this post
    Likes Go_Dogs, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who remembers when THIS happened??

Such a 'passing on the baton' moment - then a quarter later Bonti pick's Hodge's handball off as well.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

4. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thems were the days. The days when The Bont could kick set shots Gee I love that bloke.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Pushed him off like a child...great moment.

Post Thanks / Like

He's a grand player. He can make things happen, he can turn nothing into something. He is a VSP.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Such a 'passing on the baton' moment - then a quarter later Bonti pick's Hodge's handball off as well.
    If you watch the Al's highlights Octocall, one of the commentators actually called that moment a passing of the torch.

As joyful as that night was I was still apprehensive because I knew we still had GWS in front of us. But it was hard not to just soak it all in that night.

Post Thanks / Like

That was certainly a special moment, followed by the 2nd special moment in the last that Mofra referred too.

Bont does change games.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

He rose to another level during the 2016 finals. The higher stakes drew something out of him. I hope we can see him do it again soon.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwbayl4RaHw

(aka the moment when I thought we might actually win the grand final).

- Go to the 17 second mark on the video**
    Great, great moment. Thanks for posting MJP.
    What I loved most was the kick. He caressed it through very carefully. Never overawed and another player may have been tempted to give Hodge some lip. Bont is humble, Bont is great.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

12. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    If you watch the Al's highlights Octocall, one of the commentators actually called that moment a passing of the torch.

As joyful as that night was I was still apprehensive because I knew we still had GWS in front of us. But it was hard not to just soak it all in that night.
    I don't know if Al from Al's Highlights if a member of this forum but the work he does is fantastic. Love his Youtube channel.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

14. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    I don't know if Al from Al's Highlights if a member of this forum but the work he does is fantastic. Love his Youtube channel.
    He just put up both Bont's and Lloyd's last quarter goals as Quadcalls. TBH all bar Luke Darcy's call of the Bont's goal are quite underwhelming and that is saying something.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the game with my dad, 73 been going every week since he was 6. That game was the moment for me too when I thought we could take it.

We were surrounded by arrogant hawks fans that were so cocky for the first qtr and a half. One of the best games I’ve been to!

17. Likes Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I was at the game with my dad, 73 been going every week since he was 6. That game was the moment for me too when I thought we could take it.

We were surrounded by arrogant hawks fans that were so cocky for the first qtr and a half. One of the best games I’ve been to!
    Huge crowd, around 87,000 and Bulldog supporters made lots of noise.

When the game finished and the players went off the ground, I was walking out when I heard a huge noise. My mate and I rushed back and on the big screen they were showing the players in the rooms singing the club song. There were tens of thousands of supporters still at the ground and they were also singing the club song - it was just an amazing atmosphere, and knowing we had the chance for the GF by being in the prelim. Great night.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes strebla, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Huge crowd, around 87,000 and Bulldog supporters made lots of noise.

When the game finished and the players went off the ground, I was walking out when I heard a huge noise. My mate and I rushed back and on the big screen they were showing the players in the rooms singing the club song. There were tens of thousands of supporters still at the ground and they were also singing the club song - it was just an amazing atmosphere, and knowing we had the chance for the GF by being in the prelim. Great night.
    The mood of the crowd that night was something that still gives me goosebumps. It was a beautiful mellow night, the moon was out. No one was cocky or raucous, there wasn't wild celebrating, people starting to talk about how to get to Sydney. And there was just a feeling like I've never experienced before. I think we knew then that this group was different, the ones who could do it...and of course, they did.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

21. Likes bornadog, WBFC4FFC, The Doctor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll add my voice to the chorus of thanks for posting this.

That moment did get me beginning to believe. And by the end of the game I was all in - I've never been a cocky fan (hard to be when growing up following the Dogs), but walking out of the G I joyously proclaimed that the 3rd quarter is the premiership quarter.

It was a strange game initially. Dickson missed sodas, and it took a helicopter punt from Wood to open our account. Then they opened a decent lead on us before Breust missed that straight-forward kick and we stormed back to about level at half time, then dominated the third and most of the last...
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will