Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  25
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round #2 2019

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    It’s a damn shame they are playing each other. If they were playing anyone else in the competition they would likely both be 0-3 but one of them is going to get a soft win.
    I prefer the Bombres lose.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Every day of every week but I don't mind either way. At least if Melbourne lose it might give those who have been pumping them up for the last couple of years cause to stop and think properly about what sort of club and team Melbourne are.

The problem is that if Melbourne have another shit year then the AFL will again fall over themselves to make things up to them by making it simple for them to get a couple more players from other clubs. Again they wont be the type of player Melbourne need (for instance, they didn't need a May type) but City Hall will do it anyway. Anything for the Dees is the mantra at the moment.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Every day of every week but I don't mind either way. At least if Melbourne lose it might give those who have been pumping them up for the last couple of years cause to stop and think properly about what sort of club and team Melbourne are.

The problem is that if Melbourne have another shit year then the AFL will again fall over themselves to make things up to them by making it simple for them to get a couple more players from other clubs. Again they wont be the type of player Melbourne need (for instance, they didn't need a May type) but City Hall will do it anyway. Anything for the Dees is the mantra at the moment.
    Heard on the Fox Footy Show "On the Couch" that May rocked up at Melbourne out of condition and came last in the time trials. Great pick up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Heard on the Fox Footy Show "On the Couch" that May rocked up at Melbourne out of condition and came last in the time trials. Great pick up.
    I think that they are going to really regret effectively swapping Jesse Hogan for Steven May. Hogan might have some problems at the moment but lots of young blokes have had mental demons and overcome them. There is no cure for being an arrogant turd like May.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I love it when 2 teams I hate play each other, because it means I'm happy when 1 loses either way.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

6. Likes bulldogtragic, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    He is now injured again
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Ditto.
    I suspect Gawn destroys Bellcho who I simply don't rate very highly. Gawn is back.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    It’s a damn shame they are playing each other. If they were playing anyone else in the competition they would likely both be 0-3 but one of them is going to get a soft win.
    Could end up a nil all draw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Could end up a nil all draw.
    Wouldn’t that be awesome. Both teams suck it up so bad and neither can get the job done and split the points. I’d like to see the last 10 minutes spent with both teams locked on the same score and just a montage of calamitous moments that syncs beautifully with Benny Hill music.

If there can only be one loser it has to be the Bombers for me. They should have ripped that club from the face of the earth when they had the chance.