Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  25
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round #2 2019

The big question is can Bruce call a game without saying that was Carey or Cyril Rioli like , he managed to get Carey in again last night, he always brings him up when calling with him.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

My three points from the Sydney v Crows game are:
    1) Both teams presented like bottom four candidates. Sure it was greasy, but the decision-making was as bad as the skills and both seem to have adopted our “dump it in” philosophy for inside 50’s. It won’t work very well.

2) The umpires stifled any chance Sydney had of making it really interesting. There were a few critical howlers that cost Sydney easy shots on goal and resulted in the ball heading up the other end and effectively ended the contest. One such example on Sam Reid would have put Sydney 10 down with 20 minutes to go and all the momentum. #freekickcrows indeed.

3) If Taylor Walker was a no-name periphery player he would seriously be in contention for being cut from the Crows list. Has dramatically fallen off the earth and become an A-grade spud.

Post Thanks / Like

Christ I'd find it hard to be fond of our club if McGuire was its mouthpiece.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

4. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sydney it would appear weren't quite the scalp I had hoped. The frequent calls of them sliding look about to come true.

Eddie, it is time for him to go away. There must be better talent out there.

Post Thanks / Like

What'd Eddie do?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    What'd Eddie do?
    Went on a little rant about the coin toss and the lady doing it struggling. She was an amputee and a guest of the Swans. He just doesn't think, all his attempts at humuour are that blokey shit canning style, delivered with a shot gun. Guy has been in the game and media bubble too long.

8. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Christ I'd find it hard to be fond of our club if McGuire was its mouthpiece.
    Certainly gets caught with his foot in his mouth more often than anyone.

This instance seemed like ignorance on his behalf and didn't know who she was. It doesn't excuse him, he's supposed to be an AFL expert so some research wouldn't have gone astray and now he's got egg all over his face......again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Certainly gets caught with his foot in his mouth more often than anyone.

This instance seemed like ignorance on his behalf and didn't know who she was. It doesn't excuse him, he's supposed to be an AFL expert so some research wouldn't have gone astray and now he's got egg all over his face......again.
    Far be it from me to defend Eddie but this was an innocent mistake, unlike some of his other previous gaffes. He suitably apologised unreservedly when he found out who tossed the coin, and the matter should have ended there. But Sydney's ridiculous statement later in the evening smacked of crushing a walnut with a sledgehammer.

On a side note, I love how Sydney talk of 'inclusion' and 'diversity' whilst at the same time being sponsored by Qatar Airways, who happen to be owned by a country where some such examples of inclusion and diversity are punishable by death. But yeah, much easier to pile on Eddie for being the main opponent to their COLA rort.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

11. Likes G-Mo77, Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Far be it from me to defend Eddie but this was an innocent mistake, unlike some of his other previous gaffes. He suitably apologised unreservedly when he found out who tossed the coin, and the matter should have ended there. But Sydney's ridiculous statement later in the evening smacked of crushing a walnut with a sledgehammer.

On a side note, I love how Sydney talk of 'inclusion' and 'diversity' whilst at the same time being sponsored by Qatar Airways, who happen to be owned by a country where some such examples of inclusion and diversity are punishable by death. But yeah, much easier to pile on Eddie for being the main opponent to their COLA rort.
    Swans and Eddie have bad blood. They were always going to pounce.

I think you're right re Eddie, it's rarely malicious, but it is borne of that boy's club attitude that is holding the game back.

Post Thanks / Like

Perfect weather under the dome and the Trade Period Premiers have managed 2 behinds against the rampaging Saints to quarter time.

Champagne footy it ain't, but might settle in for this one.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Went on a little rant about the coin toss and the lady doing it struggling. She was an amputee and a guest of the Swans. He just doesn't think, all his attempts at humuour are that blokey shit canning style, delivered with a shot gun. Guy has been in the game and media bubble too long.
    Could he see she was an amputee?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Could he see she was an amputee?
    She was wearing prosthetic legs covered by pants so yeah she was fair game.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Teehee.

Saints 51 to Bombres 29 at the half with one of the Trade Period Premiers' goals a total gift from the goal square for a deliberate rushed behind.

Think I can hear the meeja setting up camp outside Woosha's house.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Eddie seems to do this about once a year. It doesn't seem to put a dent in his popularity. He's done worse. The Adam Goodes one was so bad.
    GO SAINTS
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw footage of 2 bombers players running off the ground while the ball was in play, allowing the saints to just run away. Worst effort I’ve seen
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.