Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  25
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round #2 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Far be it from me to defend Eddie but this was an innocent mistake, unlike some of his other previous gaffes. He suitably apologised unreservedly when he found out who tossed the coin, and the matter should have ended there. But Sydney's ridiculous statement later in the evening smacked of crushing a walnut with a sledgehammer.
    He apologised IF anyone took offence. That's not unreserved, and reeks of damage control, not sincere contrition. He is an experienced media person, it would have been simple to find out who she was. Ignorance is no excuse. He has form, and the word sorry becomes meaningless when you use it time and again, yet do nothing to modify your behaviour.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

God I hope the Swans can go on with this.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Good work Sainters.

See everyone over at Bombreblitz.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

4. Likes hujsh, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I just saw footage of 2 bombers players running off the ground while the ball was in play, allowing the saints to just run away. Worst effort I’ve seen
    I just saw that on Facebook. Hahahahaha

Post Thanks / Like

I hope John Worsfold has the barricade up they'll be coming fire and pitch forks.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

So winning trade week doesn't correlate to winning games? I don't understand.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I hope John Worsfold has the barricade up they'll be coming fire and pitch forks.
    They need to bring Hird back. The players never looked as fit or strong as they did under Hird.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    They're recruiting in the wrong areas. They're best pickup has been Smith other than that they've gone for outside players with very little grunt, an area they already have covered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    They're recruiting in the wrong areas. They're best pickup has been Smith other than that they've gone for outside players with very little grunt, an area they already have covered.
    But they won trade week? Again.

FWIW This will be the third year without a first rounder too. I hope their fans got used to winning very few games... It's going to be a very lean time ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

At least if they do bottom out, they can look forward to a nice early draft pick.

Oh wait...
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    He apologised IF anyone took offence. That's not unreserved, and reeks of damage control, not sincere contrition. He is an experienced media person, it would have been simple to find out who she was. Ignorance is no excuse. He has form, and the word sorry becomes meaningless when you use it time and again, yet do nothing to modify your behaviour.
    What exactly do you want? He apologised last night and again this morning. He then recused himself from commentating the Ess v St Kilda game today. He can't undo what he said. Clearly he had no idea who was tossing the coin, and was mortified when he found out.
    Last edited by Sedat; 30-03-2019 at 09:52 PM.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    At least if they do bottom out, they can look forward to a nice early draft pick.

Oh wait...
    The only circumstance where a GWS premoership is remotely palatable is this year. Perfection would be GWS runner up and a Bomber wooden spoon.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

They need to bring Hird back. The players never looked as fit or strong as they did under Hird.
    You've sunk both free throws.
    "It's over. It's all over."

15. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What exactly do you want? He apologised last night and again this morning. He then recused himself from commentating the Ess v St Kilda game today. He can't undo what he said. Clearly he had no idea who was tossing the coin, and was mortified when he found out.
    In any case, WTF is he carrying on about a coin toss. The trouble with these commentators, they just talk shit and about the good old days instead of sticking to footy
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I got what you were saying about Sydney's hypocrisy, but you've missed the mark on the dickhead's original error. He basically saw someone who clearly wasn't 100% able bodied and used what he saw as an opportunity to "get a laugh" over something completely frivolous.

Now he did apologise, but his original apology was absolute damage controlling horse shit that an ill thinking producer thought would be sufficient, and the dickhead ran with.

He's done the right thing removing himself from commentating duties, but you have to think he needs to take a break that's a bit longer than one game because he's clearly not in control of himself - given the opportunities he's had to you know, not be a dickhead repeatedly.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

18. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes Before I Die, AndrewP6 liked this post