Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  25
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round #2 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    What exactly do you want? He apologised last night and again this morning. He then recused himself from commentating the Ess v St Kilda game today. He can't undo what he said. Clearly he had no idea who was tossing the coin, and was mortified when he found out.
    He should be stood down. Has had too many slip ups, and saying sorry every time is meaningless, when he clearly isn’t. I don’t agree at all that he was ‘mortified’, it was obviously done to placate people, to smooth the water until everyone forgets, and he can just go on until the next slip up. No he can’t undo what he said, and therein lies the issue. He is clearly unable to prevent himself from these slip ups, and deserves proper consequence.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    He should be stood down. Has had too many slip ups, and saying sorry every time is meaningless, when he clearly isn’t. I don’t agree at all that he was ‘mortified’, it was obviously done to placate people, to smooth the water until everyone forgets, and he can just go on until the next slip up. No he can’t undo what he said, and therein lies the issue. He is clearly unable to prevent himself from these slip ups, and deserves proper consequence.
    Love your work Andrew but this is misguided. Is it proportionate to ask for someone's employment for a different opinion or a gaffe or even a few? To tell him to watch himself is appropriate but take his job? McGuire actually does quite a lot of charity work around the place. He is not an evil person.When Dippa put his foot in it, they made him do a tour of aboriginal communities. Why not make Eddie do a course in advocacy? He could transform this whole thing into something that will help thousands of people. This rage from Sydney is embarrassing. Get over it. Turn it into something positive.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

God Essendon were lucky they played St Kilda, any other club would have beaten them by 10 goals , saints wasted a heap of chances in front of goal early.
    I don’t rate the saints at all and watching the interchange stuff up and players standing around while a saints player gets up and runs into an open goal tells me Essendon players are totally confused have no brain and no actual bonding of a team spirit.
    A loss to Melbourne next week and they have internally lost the plot.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't believe a player would run past the ball that's in play and let the opposition just pick it up and waltz away with it. His thought process must be I have to get off maybe they are so caught up with doing their rotations that the game take second place.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

As always, it's hard to get a read on sides early in the season. Geelong look the goods, West Coast rebounded, Melbourne are spluttering and GWS are having a very impressive training run last week couldn't handle a quality opponent. Port limped over the line against Carlton.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    As always, it's hard to get a read on sides early in the season. Geelong look the goods, West Coast rebounded, Melbourne are spluttering and GWS are having a very impressive training run last week couldn't handle a quality opponent. Port limped over the line against Carlton.
    It’s in the psych to base teams on last years performances but in reality If was true it would be the same teams up top every year, I find it funny that media and public say a team has a bad draw the next season based on teams they play when no one knows how teams will perform.
    A bad draw can be assessed by travel and times between games, but even travel is a hard one to say as interstate teams travel every second week and still win the flag.
    Therefore a bad draw can only be confirmed at the end of a season when you look at who played the eventual top 4 most.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

The sweetest thing about both Melbourne & Essendon being humiliated this round is that they face off next Friday night and one of them will be zip-and-three for all to see.

Who's with me in a bulk order of popcorn?
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I think you're right re Eddie, it's rarely malicious, but it is borne of that boy's club attitude that is holding the game back.
    Yep, agree with this. The ribbing culture, which Ed and most of the footy media cut their teeth on, can be very funny between commentators and mates but it can blow up spectacularly as evidenced on Friday night. I honestly don't think there was a hint of any vindictiveness from Ed on Friday night that the Swans asserted in their sanctimonious bullshit statement. They simply hate Ed for exposing their sanctioned cheating via COLA and the academies.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

No one can endorse what Eddie said as it's indefensible but it's drawing a long bow to suggest he would have said what he did with some knowledge about the lady herself and what she meas to the Sydney Swans. He just needs to call the game instead of tying to make non football related observations.
    He's racked up too many of these type of gaffes and hasn't quite learned from past mistakes.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

10. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    The sweetest thing about both Melbourne & Essendon being humiliated this round is that they face off next Friday night and one of them will be zip-and-three for all to see.

Who's with me in a bulk order of popcorn?
    That's great news but I might actually have to support Melbourne which just won't sit well with me.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, agree with this. The ribbing culture, which Ed and most of the footy media cut their teeth on, can be very funny between commentators and mates but it can blow up spectacularly as evidenced on Friday night. I honestly don't think there was a hint of any vindictiveness from Ed on Friday night that the Swans asserted in their sanctimonious bullshit statement. They simply hate Ed for exposing their sanctioned cheating via COLA and the academies.
    Or their first and second round results. Even with Super Buddy, ( I love watching him ) they are not tracking that well.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Sydney are a surprise at 2-0 but It's too early to write them off. JLongmire is a pretty good coach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    That's great news but I might actually have to support Melbourne which just won't sit well with me.
    I'm with you on this one. Can they both loose?
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm 100% on the Bombers this week - they are in grave danger of considering getting a halfway competent coach if they keep their present form going.

C'mon Bombers, do it for Woosha
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 100% on the Bombers this week - they are in grave danger of considering getting a halfway competent coach if they keep their present form going.

C'mon Bombers, do it for Woosha
    "Essendon GM of List and Recruiting Adrian Dodoro has credited senior coach John Worsfold with fostering the growth of the club’s strong crop of promising young players." Well their website seems upbeat!
    The Dodo and the Woosha.