Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I don't care if you're ultra positive, or ultra negative...

Wow ... still just calming down. Still can't believe it.

Post Thanks / Like

14.44 minutes to go on the time clock in the last:

Hawks 85 v Dogs 55

Final:

Hawks 87 v Dogs 106

51 v 2 in 14.44 minutes (vs a fancied team)

Insane.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Its at times like this that my mind goes back to semi final day in 2016. I'm driving home from work with my bulldogs scarf out the window and i am sitting at the lights on the corner of Millers Rd and Blackshaws Rd in Altona when I become aware of a guy sitting in the car in the lane next to me and yelling "go doggies" I sort of waved my scarf and gave him a smile when he yells out "Sucker!" and waves a Hawthorn scarf at me. I often wonder if he ever reflects on the premiership tally our respective clubs have won since that day. Geez I would have loved to run into him yesterday, the irony would have been delicious but I'm guessing that his passion for the game has waned since his beloved club doesn't win the flag every year.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

4. Likes HOSE B ROMERO, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hawthorn supporters have replaced Carlton as the most arrogant, entitled fans in the AFL.
    Footscray member since 1980.

6. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    14.44 minutes to go on the time clock in the last:

Hawks 85 v Dogs 55

Final:

Hawks 87 v Dogs 106

51 v 2 in 14.44 minutes (vs a fancied team)

Insane.
    50 more disposals that quarter than the Hawks
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I always thought we could win...not be 3 goals to be fair but we showed in the 2nd q that we had it in us.

Clearly - CLEARLY - the better side on th day...take the 3rd q out of it and you are looking at a dominant performance.
    Yeh - that’s the key - the 3rd quarter. Not sure what happened but we came out and didn’t have the same run, precision or hunger.

Outside of that we dominated them which is even better after their performance last week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Honestly sitting amongst all the hawkers up top and listening to their whingeing for 4 quarters. Why oh why did they have to do a mass evacuation in the final 2 minutes??? At the final siren i just wanted to go up and hug each and every one of them, look them in the eye and say "i'm so sorry for those 150 odd incorrect umpiring decisions and if i could change it all i would but i can't so just suck it up for once in your privileged football lives..."
    You are so right about Hawthorn s,upporters - eminently, unlikable for the most part. So smug and entitled, they will have already named this game 'The Great Robbery of 2019' or some such like.
    Clarkson was good though. I respected him for that.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I said to my partner at 3 quarter time that we will have to kick 8 goals in the last quarter to win this.

I also said if Roughead kicks this goal we're done. Thanks to that Jaegermeister bloke, he didn't.

We kicked 9 and we won. It was beautiful.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

12. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Its at times like this that my mind goes back to semi final day in 2016. I'm driving home from work with my bulldogs scarf out the window and i am sitting at the lights on the corner of Millers Rd and Blackshaws Rd in Altona when I become aware of a guy sitting in the car in the lane next to me and yelling "go doggies" I sort of waved my scarf and gave him a smile when he yells out "Sucker!" and waves a Hawthorn scarf at me. I often wonder if he ever reflects on the premiership tally our respective clubs have won since that day. Geez I would have loved to run into him yesterday, the irony would have been delicious but I'm guessing that his passion for the game has waned since his beloved club doesn't win the flag every year.
    Wiping the arrogance off the faces of the hawks fans in that semi final was almost the best part of that win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Wiping the arrogance off the faces of the hawks fans in that semi final was almost the best part of that win.
    I sang the song with a real passion that night. And it wasn't just for the fact that we had won consecutive finals for the first time in my lifetime.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.