Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  33
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment - Rnd 2, 2919 vs Hawthorn

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks Yankee Hotel Foxtrot thanked for this post
    Likes josie, Smads57, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    The long game dictates I go with Shache's contest where he clattered two defenders and McLean picked up scraps to goal. It wasn't huge in the context of the game, but it announced Shache's arrival as a player. He's been OK for us already, but now we know he ready to go.

James Sosilly free to Shache was the moment. We just needed to get our nose in front and they were cooked. He gifted it to us.
    To go back to last week, just before halftime Schache busts a gut to neutralise Aliir in the air. It was a change in his style.

If he doesn't make that contest, he doesn't do what he does today. He's proven he can do it now he will do it - plus I'm sure he's never had 6 shots on goal before too.
    We have a devastating FF/CHF combo for the first time in a long time and possibly 10 years more of watching them play together.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

4. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Also, maybe remind them they beat storming Sydney & Hawthorn sides without the two best performed grand final players who weren't playing today. Add in Williams, Dale, Lippa, Jong, Greene, Lynch, Trengove starting to push for selection.
    Three. Boyd Picken and JJ.

6. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Dickson really showed his worth today , smashed their captain one out on the ground and in the air.
    Dickson was at his best today after a lot of injuries.
    Bring back the biff

9. Likes Bulldog Revolution, lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole team genuinely thrilled it was Libba who kicked that. Plus we finally have a goal of the week contender.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

11. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    The whole team genuinely thrilled it was Libba who kicked that. Plus we finally have a goal of the week contender.
    I mean the goal was a complete jag.... and I am so glad it was Libba who delivered it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Dickson really showed his worth today , smashed their captain one out on the ground and in the air.
    Dickson was at his best today after a lot of injuries.
    Absolutely. There was a passage of play in the last quarter forward of wing, right on the boundary, he just refused to be beaten. Hakws player thought the ball would more than likely go out of bounds when Dickson halved the contest, but he kept it in, got it away and it resulted in a mark to Schache- who missed. But it really exemplifies the small, but important things Dicko brings to the forward line. He is a great kick, we know that, but when fit, he's a great pressure and hassler, and provider of 1%ers that are normally the preserve of defensive players.
    I'd love it if we can keep him fully fit for 22 rounds this year. He could have a great season. And if he does, so would we.

14. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Could this win be 'the moment', like beating Sydney in the wet at the SCG a few years ago was 'the moment' then?
    That was the first thing I thought of when I read the title of this thread.

This win reminded me of the 2015/16 Bulldogs that would never give in regardless of what the score might be.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

16. Likes Eastdog, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There were so many moments in the last. I don't have a replay to check but Dickson's effort on the wing, McLean, Macrae, Libba and Schache's contributions were huge.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Macrae goal for mine, build up of pressure and an unlikely goalscorer. The team celebrations were great and there was only going to be one winner after it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I’m hoping it reminds the 2016 guys what it feels like to be awesome again, and gives the new guys a taste that leaves them all wanting more.
    That's exactly what I took out of yesterday's win. It gives blokes like Tim English, Schache and Baz Smith a sense of belonging and achievement which will do their confidence no harm at all. Gowers doesn't need any confidence boosting, but it won't do him any harm.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

The moment when Libba snaps that goal in the last was when I knew we would win this game. The way his teammates got around him and hugged him was a beautiful sight.

21. Likes craigsahibee, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ll go Libba Libba Libba Libba as BT said watching the last 10 minutes of the replay last night. Great goal under pressure and just so great that his back in form. Such an important player to our team.

Macrae’s goal was great as well. I had visions of the PF final goal he kicked at the end.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Can’t split them so for me it’s 2 moments...Libba and Jack

24. Likes josie liked this post