Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round #3 2019

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    The muffin man?

THE MUFFIN MAN!
    I thought he was a man but he only was a muffin.

Post Thanks / Like

No defence football, no one accountable, tiggy touchwood free kicks (51).
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne just hack it out of the middle and they press up far too high in defence. That's why they are getting torched out the back against quick teams.

Gee Viney is an overrated player - just a butcher with ball in hand. They can't carry him and Jones in the same team.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

The best game of t20 footy I’ve seen .
    Melbourne leaking like a sieve with their B grade defence
    Dees getting ahead of themselves as only they can

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Melbourne just hack it out of the middle and they press up far too high in defence. That's why they are getting torched out the back against quick teams.

Gee Viney is an overrated player - just a butcher with ball in hand. They can't carry him and Jones in the same team.
    Did they play ? Jones is nearly done

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone hear the Angus Brayshaw interview at half time? Their mindset is completely wrong - they think 10 minutes of good footy is job done.

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone hear the Angus Brayshaw interview at half time? Their mindset is completely wrong - they think 10 minutes of good footy is job done.
    Does that come down to coaching?

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Does that come down to coaching?
    Goodwin can't coach againat 6-6-6. His one trick last year was having 2 extra defenders coming in off the square.

Post Thanks / Like

Goodwin can't coach againat 6-6-6. His one trick last year was having 2 extra defenders coming in off the square.
    They just extended his contract

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Did they play ? Jones is nearly done
    Crazy playing Jones on the wing. He can't run to save himself.

Post Thanks / Like

So many shades of early Bulldogs 2018 about that Melbourne performance.

Biggest difference for us right now is a) Caleb Daniel down back b) Naughton/Schache straightening us up c) Libba going at beast mode. Our defence still gets scored against on the quick rebound/turnover but last night was ridiculous from the Demons. Essendon are woeful and probably would have lost to any other team.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

12. Likes Sedat, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Give Woosha an extension - he deserves it.

Give him another five years just so we can see the look on Hirdy's face. Essendon should have come out in strength last week when James said 'never say never' and said 'not at this club, not in a million years' but they didn't and they will pay for not nipping it in the bud when they had the chance. But instead they left it up to Woosher to defend his own job.

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    I thought he was a man but he only was a muffin.
    Paraphrasing Divine's 'Think you're a man' I love it! Sorry Jake but you weren't man enough to satisfy us...

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Crazy playing Jones on the wing. He can't run to save himself.
    where else are they going to play him? Midfield so he can stand there and watch his opponent run away from him bouncing the ball? They had to make a hard call on Jones at the end of last year. Premierships are won on the back of hard calls (Cooney, Higgins, Minson and Bryan Griffith anyone?) and clearing deadwood. Jones is deadwood that was indulged with another contract as Melbourne continued to go around in circles at the end of last year.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne being a basket case is a surprise to me, but they've had a soft underbelly for years so perhaps it shouldn't be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Melbourne being a basket case is a surprise to me, but they've had a soft underbelly for years so perhaps it shouldn't be.
    Structural injuries currently aren't helping but in hindsight it is logical that they are struggling. They were still a work in progress last year with deficiencies - hence why they were destroyed in the PF by a real contender. Midfield are all the same - see ball get ball, and all slow - and none of them run hard the other way. They traded away Hogan who is a jet up forward and can also provide valuable minutes in the midfield (granted he is a bit of a head case) and think that Tom McDonald as a makeshift 2nd banana key forward can now take over the mantle as big dog. They punt on Wiedeman becoming Nick Riewoldt after 1 good game in 5 years. Contrary to popular opinion, Steven May is not and has never been David Dench and they are badly mising Jake Lever, hence why spuds like Frost and O McDonald are exposed down back. They also don't have good ball users down back - good move putting Fritch there last night.

They are potentially a good solid top 8 team in 2019 but nothing more. Outside run and carry is a massive problem, and all round depth is as well. Also Goodwin is a limited coach who is really struggling with the open nature of the game in 2019 with the new rules.

16. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So Essendon won and all I’m hearing from the supporters is we are back , top 4 , did they not watch how bad Melbourne were and they struggled to beat them.
    Bring back the biff