Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  26
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 3, 2019 - Western Bulldogs V Gold Coast Suns at Marvel Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Was he having issues before the hip injury? He tends to miss to the left. Aim for the right post.
    Liberatore had another blinder. Naughtons mark at the end was brilliant. Suns too good today they're no pushovers now, having said that we should have beaten them at home.
    It's never been a strength of his and I'm reluctant to use his hip injuries as an excuse. He should have got two of those 4 shots.
    Yep, full credit to the Suns today
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 3, 2019 - Western Bulldogs V Gold Coast Suns at Marvel Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Is there a stat for high, indiscriminate lollipops into forward fifty?

I'd like to see that one.
    Record holders 5 years running.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Did we get out coached in the first quarter? Gave up 6 first quarter goals and just another 4 for the game.
    Full credit to the Suns though, they held some good marks and have a bit of pace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    We can't be routinely taking a quarter to settle and for Bevo to get the matchups right. Good sides will torch us.

Do it against the Pies and watch what happens.
    I'm not confident it was a ground set up issue, it might be that we're not blessed with players who are smart and can react to what is actually happening in real time. It was clear that we were crowding the ball and letting GCS get goal side of us. A bit of strong on-field leadership would have had it sorted after the first few instances of it happening.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

It's never been a strength of his and I'm reluctant to use his hip injuries as an excuse. He should have got two of those 4 shots.
    Yep, full credit to the Suns today
    But i don't recall it being a glaring weakness like it has become over the past 2 years. For all the talk of him being a dangerous forward, if he can't convert the bread and butter shots from inside 50 marks, then he's actually a liability there. We'd be better served having him be a 100% midfielder and having a more reliable goal kicker up forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    We won the clearances 44-30.
    Yes we did.
    Imagine if we had a hard bodied experienced ruck playing who could tap the ball down our midfielders throats, instead of them having to scrounge the loose ball and hurriedly throwing it on their boot.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought The Bont was brilliant today, Yeah he missed those shots but at the end of the day, both teams had the same number of shots.

We lost this game because we were inefficient with our inside 50s. Once more we had 66 inside 50s to their 48. When we did have a chance to kick goals we fluffed it, ala Dickson getting run down, LLoyd and Gowers handballing to them in the goal square, Macrae refusing to have a shot and trying to centre the ball.

We have to address the delivery to our forwards.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a traditionalist with Marvel. They've got a roof, shut the god dam thing. Players playing in shadows then losing the ball in the sun. Makes no sense to me.

Disappointing day. Highway robbery if we won, didn't deserve it. 1 step forwards, 3 steps back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    The AFL’s basket case lose May and Lynch over pre season and make us look like Carlton. Geez
    Haven't seen any of the game but the best thing Gold Coast did was get rid of those primadonna arseholes Ablett, Lynch and May. They are now all committed and invested, which is in stark contrast to the appalling culture and standards that the former 3 captains created.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Issue is that teams can set up how they want at a stoppage .
    Need a bigger body in there

Post Thanks / Like

Bont missed 4 shots pushing them all to his left each time. 3 points and one that didn't score.
    He has had the yips since the first final against the Crows in 2015. Like many still hasn't improved in this area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    But i don't recall it being a glaring weakness like it has become over the past 2 years. For all the talk of him being a dangerous forward, if he can't convert the bread and butter shots from inside 50 marks, then he's actually a liability there. We'd be better served having him be a 100% midfielder and having a more reliable goal kicker up forward.
    It's a technique and concentration issue from what I can see because he's consistently making the same error.

He was intercepting the opposition kicks and getting a lot of the ball all game but give him the time to have shots he just makes the same error. It's possibly how he drops the ball onto the boot but he isn't making allowances for the same error
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

What are peoples thoughts on Young? I only saw a bit of the game but like last week when he has the ball he doesn't take the first option, goes back and then just kicks it down the line? Was he ok without the ball at least?

Post Thanks / Like

It's a technique and concentration issue from what I can see because he's consistently making the same error.

He was intercepting the opposition kicks and getting a lot of the ball all game but give him the time to have shots he just makes the same error. It's possibly how he drops the ball onto the boot but he isn't making allowances for the same error
    I reckon it's his aim. The ball doesn't move one way or another. Have we had his eyes tested?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    What are peoples thoughts on Young? I only saw a bit of the game but like last week when he has the ball he doesn't take the first option, goes back and then just kicks it down the line? Was he ok without the ball at least?
    From what I could see on TV a bit of a mixed bag. In my view the talent is there, but needs to get some game time and confidence together at the senior level to avoid the types of issues you mention.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    From what I could see on TV a bit of a mixed bag. In my view the talent is there, but needs to get some game time and confidence together at the senior level to avoid the types of issues you mention.
    I have a feeling he is still having nightmares of the game against Collingwood in which he turned it over all night. We still need to persist agree but I guess that's part of the reason he has been playing VFL.