Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  26
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 3, 2019 - Western Bulldogs V Gold Coast Suns at Marvel Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I do as well and my comment when people were celebrating when Dunkley was lining up 15 out directly infront was "He has to kick it first"
    I said the same thing.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 3, 2019 - Western Bulldogs V Gold Coast Suns at Marvel Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Haven't seen any of the game but the best thing Gold Coast did was get rid of those primadonna arseholes Ablett, Lynch and May. They are now all committed and invested, which is in stark contrast to the appalling culture and standards that the former 3 captains created.
    they have really cleaned up their list and injected some new players who can hold a position:

Collins, ballard and Burgess look to have immediate affect holding down specific positions.
    weller
    Jarrod witts, looks to be a solid citizen and now in the leadership group. a genuine tap ruckman . How the hell we did not pick him up when pies trade him for pick 44 and 62?
    MAcpherson ( his the one that got away from us) - we picked the wrong one !
    anthony miles

and some of their established players really coming through now:
    Swallow is having a good start
    Harbrow, damn it, his good in defence today
    Sexton: How the hell did he get so much space ? 2 goals
    Bowes , fiorini, martin top 3 possession holders.

Well done to them, you got to admit when opposition were better today.
    Last edited by macca; 09-04-2019 at 12:44 AM.

3. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I do this with just about everyone except ... uhhhh, no, make that everyone.

Who do you truly trust in front of goal? Dickson? Sure, usually. Schache? Okay. Then who?
    I guess Wallis. Strangely enough Naughton might be entering that group though I still don't quite trust him yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    MAcpherson ( his the one that got away from us) - we picked the wrong one !
    The legacy of the Honeychurch continues to haunt us to this day...

Post Thanks / Like

Ok guys, it's confession time.

It wasn't the players, the coach, the boot studder, or indeed the property steward who caused our loss to the "Sons.

It was me.

For once I did not wear my non failing, lucky, match day, Bulldog tee shirt.

Profound apologies to all, it won't happen again.

Mea culpa.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you've learned your lesson Jeanette.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    The legacy of the Honeychurch continues to haunt us to this day...
    This sticks in my craw every time Son-of-Super gets a touch.

Hope Mitch is having fun at Vermont.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Jarrod witts, looks to be a solid citizen and now in the leadership group. a genuine tap ruckman . How the hell we did not pick him up when pies delisted him?
    Witts wasn't delisted - it was a trade for picks 44 + 62.

10. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Not a bad suggestion to be honest although if you are consistently pushing them left all the time you should be able to make the adjustment. Perhaps sports science department isn't allowing him to do the work on his goal kicking but surely an assistant coach can stand behind him at training and tell him what he is doing wrong.
    I bet at training they all sail straight through the middle though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I bet at training they all sail straight through the middle though.
    And if that is the case, he must be a bit of a choker or he just isn't the elite player we think he is
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    And if that is the case, he must be a bit of a choker or he just isn't the elite player we think he is
    Unfair comment, you know match conditions are way different than training. He needs to get it right in his head.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Unfair comment, you know match conditions are way different than training. He needs to get it right in his head.
    But I think that is the crux of Gary's comment.
    If you are the elite player, it doesn't matter if it is training or match day; more often than not they sail through the middle in either. If not then you are susceptible to the mental choke and therefore not an elite player.
    Bont has almost all the hallmarks of an elite player, but over 2 years now, his goalkicking has deteriorated to a significant extent. He is no longer a reliable shot for goal, and in the role he plays we need him to be.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought The Bont was brilliant today, Yeah he missed those shots but at the end of the day, both teams had the same number of shots.

We lost this game because we were inefficient with our inside 50s. Once more we had 66 inside 50s to their 48. When we did have a chance to kick goals we fluffed it, ala Dickson getting run down, LLoyd and Gowers handballing to them in the goal square, Macrae refusing to have a shot and trying to centre the ball.

We have to address the delivery to our forwards.
    This about sums it up for me. You look at the stats and we should have won this game by 5 or 6 goals. Bad kicking is bad football. Need to move on.

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    But I think that is the crux of Gary's comment.
    If you are the elite player, it doesn't matter if it is training or match day; more often than not they sail through the middle in either. If not then you are susceptible to the mental choke and therefore not an elite player.
    Bont has almost all the hallmarks of an elite player, but over 2 years now, his goalkicking has deteriorated to a significant extent. He is no longer a reliable shot for goal, and in the role he plays we need him to be.
    I can't agree, The Bont is elite and at 23 years of age he is going well.

Here is a list of the AFL best and their goal kicking % over their career

Bont 53.4%
    Martin 56.9%
    Dangerfield 56.9%
    Kelly 46.7%
    Cripps 42.2%
    Fyfe 58.3%

I think Bont holds his own and will get better

18. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't agree, The Bont is elite and at 23 years of age he is going well.

Here is a list of the AFL best and their goal kicking % over their career

Bont 53.4%
    Martin 56.9%
    Dangerfield 56.9%
    Kelly 46.7%
    Cripps 42.2%
    Fyfe 58.3%

I think Bont holds his own and will get better
    He's kicked 1.6 this year, with a couple not scoring at all.. he is playing extremely well, but he simply needs to convert more than he currently is.