Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  15
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 4, Vs Collingwood

Can they afford to swing Moore forward? Can they cover Naughton and Schache without him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It might be if they swing Moore forward. We are taking a shot that we can out run them which might be a good option
    They'll need him back on Schache or Naughts. They'll be exposed if they play him forward. He's been in great form down back so I don't see it happening. Miacheck (sp) is a decent player who is playing that roaming tall role well for them.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Can they afford to swing Moore forward? Can they cover Naughton and Schache without him?
    Schache will ruck from time to time and Howe can play tall if needed.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Lloyd, Richards and a few others very lucky.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to have JJ back! Could thrive tomorrow night at the G.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I think Grundy is going to be quite a problem. English got schooled last week by a lesser (but decent) ruckman in Witts and I think he'll be taught another lesson tomorrow night. English has to just keep facing up and stay competitive.

Cox also worries me, especially when we dropped a tall player Young for the small JJ. Cox is no super star but we seem to be giving him every chance to take advantage of his height. He's actually a pretty straight kick so we need to defend well against him.

We are clearly trying to get a leg up by going in with the smaller more mobile team. We actually match up pretty well with the pies so this should be a good game. If we can stop them from getting any scoring runs ons that can't maintain, we will go close to beating them. We certainly need our forwards to click and take their chances.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t like that change, actually I hate it... good to have JJ back, but as outlined in this thread ‘the mix’ isn’t right.

Anyway, hope we see a good performance, but a lot will have to go right.

Post Thanks / Like

Tall out for a small isn’t the move I’d have made, though Young looked a little lost last week.

Such a cliche, but the game will be won in the midfield. We both have great midfields - pies in slightly better form across them all - so we’ll need to choke them in defence and outrun them in attack.

I’m really keen to see the clearances, we’ve been really good in volume but not as great with efficiency which will get better over time.

10. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to see Lewis dropped from the team, he certainly wasn't the poorest performer in our loss to the GCS. With Collingwood's tall forwards set for a field day, we are putting enormous pressure on our midfield to restrict the quality of Collingwood's delivery into their forwards. I think that the 6-6-6 rule has made this much more difficult to achieve. With this team our winning of centre clearances become so much more critical. Tim English will need to step up, and we will need Libba to have a massive night.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood have 1 tall forward in Cox, Mihocek is only 192. I think we gain more from an extra mid sized runner than we would from playing Young. I'm much more worried about De Goey, Stephenson, Elliot and Thomas kicking goals than I am about their talls.

Nothing against Roughy but I hope Naughton/Schache torch him tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I don’t like that change, actually I hate it... good to have JJ back, but as outlined in this thread ‘the mix’ isn’t right.

Anyway, hope we see a good performance, but a lot will have to go right.
    I like the mix but not the personnel; would've realistically looked at JJ in Sweet Ed's spot and replaced Young with Williams.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Collingwood have 1 tall forward in Cox, Mihocek is only 192. I think we gain more from an extra mid sized runner than we would from playing Young. I'm much more worried about De Goey, Stephenson, Elliot and Thomas kicking goals than I am about their talls.

Nothing against Roughy but I hope Naughton/Schache torch him tonight.
    Let them run onto the ball/ hit them on the lead and I'm sure they're more than capable.