Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  56
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 5, Vs Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    How does Hayes get a gig before Lipinski, who has literally dominated every game he's played this year?
    listen to Gia's wrap up of the VFL and I think the answer is there
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    listen to Gia's wrap up of the VFL and I think the answer is there
    Can you give me the cliff notes?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Can you give me the cliff notes?
    Listen here

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/v...port-round-two

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I am absolutely no clearer on what you consider the answer to be. I do know that Gia likes to use the phrase 'had an impact' even more than McCartney liked 'cracking in' and Bell likes to take a 'conservative approach' and 'tick all the boxes'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I am absolutely no clearer on what you consider the answer to be. I do know that Gia likes to use the phrase 'had an impact' even more than McCartney liked 'cracking in' and Bell likes to take a 'conservative approach' and 'tick all the boxes'
    Ok he says Lippa has been playing as an inside mid in VFL games whereas at AFL level, it has been mainly on the wing. What I read into it was Gia wants him to work more on his inside skills and isn't ready yet to take that role in the AFL. At AFL he is competing against other wingers.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok he says Lippa has been playing as an inside mid in VFL games whereas at AFL level, it has been mainly on the wing. What I read into it was Gia wants him to work more on his inside skills and isn't ready yet to take that role in the AFL. At AFL he is competing against other wingers.
    So we’re doing a Lukas Webb to him - guessing we won’t see Lippa until the 2nd half of the year
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    So we’re doing a Lukas Webb to him - guessing we won’t see Lippa until the 2nd half of the year
    Then dropping him after a few quiet games. Why would we want a high half forward, whose got good entry skills and an accurate goal kick usually? Or a good HBF with a booming left foot like Webby. We need more inside mids to share the forward 50 with Dunkley.

It makes sense from a consistency standpoint. We've Tom Boyd'd Schache whose had a good game and a few quiet games trying to juggle being a KPF and ruck, despite never rucking, so he's dropped. Queue the 'fans' saying if he can't kick goals and can't ruck all in the same game then why did we trade for him and bother having him around.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

BT last week he was just terrible. He didn't make a contest anywhere he went and we probably would have been better off sitting him and playing one down. I agree, he's a forward not a ruck/forward and another player forced to play out of position due to our inability to manage a list. Our MC/coach get too cute at the selection table and now we're set to run out with a kid who has to ruck 98% of the game and another kid to hold down a KPF role all by himself with no help. We need to play the long game with these kids. They're going to be good, I haven't seen a player like Naughton since Chris Grant. In no way shape or form should we be burning them out.

9. Likes bulldogtragic, ratsmac, Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    BT last week he was just terrible. He didn't make a contest anywhere he went and we probably would have been better off sitting him and playing one down. I agree, he's a forward not a ruck/forward and another player forced to play out of position due to our inability to manage a list. Our MC/coach get too cute at the selection table and now we're set to run out with a kid who has to ruck 98% of the game and another kid to hold down a KPF role all by himself with no help. We need to play the long game with these kids. They're going to be good, I haven't seen a player like Naughton since Chris Grant. In no way shape or form should we be burning them out.
    Yep. Our talent profile is building really well. The development decisions and forcing them into foreign roles might not be the best way to get the best out of them. The selections and rationales this week in particular are just weird. Bevo & the MC had a good run 15/16. But since, their credits in the bank are used up. Like you I hope we don’t burn them up, or stuff up their development. I can’t say my confidence is sky high that neither will eventuate.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is the alternative to relieve in the ruck if not Schache in those games BT?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. Our talent profile is building really well. The development decisions and forcing them into foreign roles might not be the best way to get the best out of them. The selections and rationales this week in particular are just weird. Bevo & the MC had a good run 15/16. But since, their credits in the bank are used up. Like you I hope we don’t burn them up, or stuff up their development. I can’t say my confidence is sky high that neither will eventuate.
    Who have we burnt?

Post Thanks / Like

Who have we burnt?
    No one yet. English will be the first if we continue this way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    No one yet. English will be the first if we continue this way.
    We burned him last year when he was showing signs of fatigue but we kept playing him a couple of games more which resulted in a decent spell on the sidelines while injured.
    I think he would benefit with some support this week after copping a hiding last week but now he will be backed up by Dunkley and will probably need push himself a bit further. I hope Boyd gets fit enough soon so Englush has some support
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Yep we overloaded English last yr and he copped a bone stress injury (as did two.other players).

We almost deserve to lose against Carlton with the lack of respect being shown to tbeir tall players pretty much playing just the 3 talls with about 100 games between them. All while Trengove chops it up at VFL level (and did well in the ruck in the ones at the end of last yr).

Meanwhile in Hayes, we haved added another ball butcher to a team already loaded to the gills with suspect users. (Bont, Dunkley and Gowers can't kick at goal while JJ, Wallis, Dunkley and Hunter all struggle with their field kicking).

Carlton are that bad we may get away with it but then we've already lost to GCS.

Just hope English doesn't get injured (again).

17. Likes DOG GOD, 1eyedog, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I Love Bevo but he is so frustrating at the selection table. Are we trying to get a spike off two debutants to avoid complacency against Carlton?