Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  56
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 5, Vs Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He can replace Schache's 4 disposals and non competitiveness in the ruck, and also alllow English to spend a bit more time forward which may help him get through the season.

If need be he can chop out in defence - is he really that much slower than Casbault? Unless there's a fast break we will zone in defence and make Carlton bomb it in, it's how Roughy's been effective this year.

It won't happen as much as I'd like it to.
    I'd give Schache one more week but agree he's vulnerable.

Inevitably we'll need support for English soon, be it Trengove as a battering ram or Boyd when he's fit. I just don't think Trengove screams 'pick me' until English screams 'support me'.

I've watched Trengove closely when he's been in the back half for us and his positioning and reading of the play is terrible. This was really on show v Hawthorn last year. He's more mobile than Jordan Roughead yet impacts far less contests because he doesn't read the play and he doesn't take marks. Aside from being tall/a big body he genuinely offers nothing as a key defender IMO.

Having said all that, if Schache continues getting sub 10 disposals with no return on the scoreboard then it probably becomes a formality swap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I wouldn’t mind dropping gowers and allowing Wallis to play more fwd, allowing dunks and McLean more guts time, where they are best served.
    +1 on this.

McLean has been ineffective forward and Dunkley's impact has been greatly reduced, helped by the fact he simply cannot kick accurately.

Gowers teases but it might be the right time to send him to the VFL, allowing Wallis to go forward and McLean/Dunkley to spend more minutes as a mid.

3. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There has to be a number of players on borrowed time and I feel like the Bevo of 2015 would have had pulled the trigger a few rounds ago.

I think the VFL having a bye complicates things and dropping anyone essentially rules them out for two (with no chance to prove themselves/get some confidence back). I predict we will go unchanged.

Hopefully we can play near to our best and put them to the sword and play the likes of Gowers and Schache back into some form.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    +1 on this.

McLean has been ineffective forward and Dunkley's impact has been greatly reduced, helped by the fact he simply cannot kick accurately.

Gowers teases but it might be the right time to send him to the VFL, allowing Wallis to go forward and McLean/Dunkley to spend more minutes as a mid.
    I agree.

Is this a development year or a tilt year? We have shown that it’s a bit of both, we need to keep deploying our young guys but we have a chance of making finals, who knows where we could be in position and player development by the end of the year. There’s a bit of 2015 about us.

So..
    I see no harm in giving English a short break in vfl to focus on his tap work and recover physically for Trengove to replace him for a couple of weeks. I’d have English playing 15 games this year and Trengove 7 as an approximation.

Schack had a breakout game and his best very recently. Persist.

Cordy is a gun, he needs an extra tall down back.

Young is that tall, persist. He’s had a break.

Richards is a gun, persist unless he needs a rest. Carried the team against Port last year.

Out: Duryea/Wood
    In: Young

The other temporary change is Billy for Lippa or Greene. Three boys fighting for a spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Realistically, we are not far from a final on exposed form.

Post Thanks / Like

Ina similar vein.. Baileys Smith and Williams interchangeable until one or most likely both prove themselves undroppable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    I agree.

Is this a development year or a tilt year? We have shown that it’s a bit of both, we need to keep deploying our young guys but we have a chance of making finals, who knows where we could be in position and player development by the end of the year. There’s a bit of 2015 about us.

So..
    I see no harm in giving English a short break in vfl to focus on his tap work and recover physically for Trengove to replace him for a couple of weeks. I’d have English playing 15 games this year and Trengove 7 as an approximation.

Schack had a breakout game and his best very recently. Persist.

Cordy is a gun, he needs an extra tall down back.

Young is that tall, persist. He’s had a break.

Richards is a gun, persist unless he needs a rest. Carried the team against Port last year.

Out: Duryea/Wood
    In: Young

The other temporary change is Billy for Lippa or Greene. Three boys fighting for a spot.
    Scratch Greene through injury

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    I agree.

Feels a bit like a 'just miss finals but show good signs' year.

A 2005 perhaps

10. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Think Brad Lynch might be ready - our forward line is crying out for some pace and creativity
    With Libba back, I'm not sure Dunkley is first choice. Put McLean in the middle, Wallis forward with Lynch.

In: Lynch, Trengove
    Out: Gowers, Dunkley

I'm loving Bailey Smith - just wonder if he might need a spell given his youth (9 day break probably takes care of that)
    Schache one more chance...maybe
    I'd like to see Young back despite some concerns, not sure who for though - probably Richards.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo said in his presser there will be a couple of changes before saying 1 or 2 changes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Bevo said in his presser there will be a couple of changes before saying 1 or 2 changes.
    Article with the wrap up of his presser. Sounds like Trengove is a strong possibility.

https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-18...in-course-bevo

Post Thanks / Like

On Facebook, footage of Bevo addressing the players announcing Hayes and Lachie Young will debut this week.

Congrats to both lads. I'm a bit puzzled with their selection, especially Hayes. But i hope they both do well.

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw it on the club website
    Hayes and Lachie Young to debut
    Go well fellas

16. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So we are back to Bevo's baffling selections! That usually bodes well for our results so hopefully that holds true on Sunday.

What exactly has Williams done to fall behind Lachie Young?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Just saw it on the club website
    Hayes and Lachie Young to debut
    Go well fellas
    I am assuming that there won’t be a third change and if so Lipinski must be one frustrated unit. He seems like he has had the best form in the VFL over the last four weeks albeit playing in the wrong role for a call up maybe.