Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  92
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee R6, Vs Fremantle

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    My pleasure.

I am all for healthy debate which has happened since my post, but prior to that, unreadable at times.
    Spamming the forum with "I don't want to read this" type posts is the very definition of unreadable. Maybe something to think about.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    2015 round 3, start of Boyd’s time with us:

He wasn’t used in the ruck, purely as a young forward.

marks: 6 most in team
    goals: 3. Out of 8
    disposals: 14

A good day’s work against Hawks. We would be thrilled if someone did that now.

yes, I know- Naughton did the same in round one and everyone still hasn’t come back to earth.
    Agree with all of this. But we haven’t seen that player for YEARS. And the Naughton comment is exactly why I am frustrated with the calls for him to return to defence. We slay Bevo for moving guys around - then when he sticks to his guns and leaves Naughton forward even when it isn’t ‘working’ we want to slay him for that as well...we can’t have both.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

3. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Collins is great. But even he would tell you he is as slow as treacle and not a fit for quite a few defensive schemes...I think he was relatively ok with the Freo experience and appreciative that they gave him a go. He has looked pretty ok on the GC but it is the earliest of early days and we don’t know how that will turn out. Freo preferred Hamling and Pearce to Collins and so do I.

The post above about Morris is (of course) accuarate in every way. But the thing is you can’t assess dale Morris using data and statistics...he is more than that. Easton Wood was as well once upon a time - a mid sized player who made a McGovern (Andrew variety) sized impact on the competition. That player is in their somewhere and it is up to the coaches (and the captain himself) to find him.
    Thanks that's spot on I think. How's the 6-6-6 going the scores are getting lower !
    Noticed last week Silvagni started as defensively as possible on the wing a couple of times and as soon as ball was bounced he ran into defense to make the 7th defender.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I meant the ex docker now Sun who played at Box Hill in between. Great intercept mark would slot in nicely. Hindsight I guess...
    I know

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I know

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Agree with all of this. But we haven’t seen that player for YEARS. And the Naughton comment is exactly why I am frustrated with the calls for him to return to defence. We slay Bevo for moving guys around - then when he sticks to his guns and leaves Naughton forward even when it isn’t ‘working’ we want to slay him for that as well...we can’t have both.
    We have to give Naughton at least half the season to see how he goes. He's already proved that he's adaptable and we can't lose faith after one poor game. Kudos to Bevo and the MC for making the move they thought would increase our scoring power.
    Returning Richards to the backline though to regain his confidence might be worth considering.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We have to give Naughton at least half the season to see how he goes. He's already proved that he's adaptable and we can't lose faith after one poor game. Kudos to Bevo and the MC for making the move they thought would increase our scoring power.
    Returning Richards to the backline though to regain his confidence might be worth considering.
    Agree on Richards returning to the back line where he plays his best football. As much as I would like to see Naughton retained in attack given the fragile nature of our defence believe we would be better served to play him as a key defender. Trengrove also would help strengthen our back line given how poor we looked against the much taller Carlton forward line. Schache also looks our best option as a leading key forward. Together with Dickson they have better kicking techniques than our other forwards. I would also like to see Lipinski Williams and Daniel added to the midfield to support Bont and Libba. The poor disposal of Dunkley Wallis and Hunter makes us look less than ideal going forward.

9. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Agree on Richards returning to the back line where he plays his best football. As much as I would like to see Naughton retained in attack given the fragile nature of our defence believe we would be better served to play him as a key defender. Trengrove also would help strengthen our back line given how poor we looked against the much taller Carlton forward line. Schache also looks our best option as a leading key forward. Together with Dickson they have better kicking techniques than our other forwards. I would also like to see Lipinski Williams and Daniel added to the midfield to support Bont and Libba. The poor disposal of Dunkley Wallis and Hunter makes us look less than ideal going forward.
    It's strange to me that Trengove hasn't been a stronger chance at selection given his versatility. Daniel back to the midfield could be worth trying as well and Lipinski should be rewarded for his strong form line at Footscray. Until Boyd has the form and fitness to challenge for a spot I agree we are probably in a position where we should be sticking with Schache as one of our key forwards
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Likes Nuggety Back Pocket liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I’m concerned both Schache AND Trengrove have to play each week at least until Boyd is ready to hit the mix for selection.
    Schache at FF where he will take a decent defender.
    Trengove in defensive 50 where we drafted him from, playing his best football.
    Williams, Richards and Wood to the HB line.
    Daniel more mid/ hff where he can set up play, and lower the eyes going into 50.
    Dickson high fwd
    Wallis fwd pocket
    McLean and Dunk more midfield, with Dunks taking the shut down role EVERY week.

MC just need to get back to basics. Structure the team to their abilities and stop F’ing around. It’s beyond a joke.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

13. Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    As far as I’m concerned both Schache AND Trengrove have to play each week at least until Boyd is ready to hit the mix for selection.
    Schache at FF where he will take a decent defender.
    Trengove in defensive 50 where we drafted him from, playing his best football.
    Williams, Richards and Wood to the HB line.
    Daniel more mid/ hff where he can set up play, and lower the eyes going into 50.
    Dickson high fwd
    Wallis fwd pocket
    McLean and Dunk more midfield, with Dunks taking the shut down role EVERY week.

MC just need to get back to basics. Structure the team to their abilities and stop F’ing around. It’s beyond a joke.
    Some good points DG especially Daniel forward.

Post Thanks / Like

In: Trengove
    Out: Williams

Post Thanks / Like

Trengove is back. One week late but still very happy to see him in.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

1 change. You are ****ing joking.

There goes any hint of a chance we had.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton named full back ...

19. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    1 change. You are ****ing joking.

There goes any hint of a chance we had.
    Lipinski, Greene even Webb would have been good. Need to give these guys a go change up something.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"