Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  91
Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

WB Game Day V Carlton R5 2019

Margin: Bulldogs by 10 points

First Goal: Aaron Naughton

Best On Ground: Tom Liberatore

Let get out in force on Easter Sunday at Marvel.

Go Bulldogs!!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 5, 2019 - Western Bulldogs V Carlton (Marvel Stadium)

WB by 40
    First Goal Gowers
    BOG Hunter
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Doggies by a hair. Naughhttonnnnnn with 6

Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs by 34

Naughton to kick five

Wallis to kick three and never return to the middle again

BOG Macrae

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton by 7 points
    FG McLean
    BOG McLean
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton by 8
    1st goal- Dunkley
    Bog - libba
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd normally not ask this sort of question but why are people predicting a Carlton win?
    What is the tipping point that has you believing that we will lose?

Is it team selection, poor form (I thought there were a number of positives from the Collingwood game) a couple of outs or something else that is concerning you?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'd normally not ask this sort of question but why are people predicting a Carlton win?
    What is the tipping point that has you believing that we will lose?

Is it team selection, poor form (I thought there were a number of positives from the Collingwood game) a couple of outs or something else that is concerning you?
    For me I'm juggling a few things.

1. Losing experienced players to injury.
    2. Playing a couple of debutants.
    3. It was a close run thing last year against them in not too dissimilar circumstances.
    4. Their tall forward line will land them a close win, or us a big win.
    5. Surely their players understand this could be it for Bolton if they go limp again. So perhaps they try a bit harder.
    6. They have a talented core of players, and I think they're better than last year.
    7. We still have issues on turnover and poor kicking for goal. I don't see that changing this week.
    8. I thought we were about the same chance against GCS at Marvel. We lost by a small margin then.
    9. I still think we are working through team balance. Wallis is still a bit too much time in the middle, while McLean is being wasted up forward (despite goaling a bit) and Dunkley needs to go into midfield beast mode because he can't make 15m set shots. Hopefully this is the week the balance gets better, but I'm not certain of it.

I'm badly wanting the win and will be cheering as loud as ever. It's nothing too much about the form against Collingwood, to me it feels like a classic danger game of recent years like when Melbourne would get their season win against us with guys like Watts performing season best. Just something about it has me concerned. That said, if we 'click', it will be bloody and Bolton won't walk out of Marvel a senior coach.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes GVGjr, DOG GOD, westbulldog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comprehensive response BT. My confidence is around the quality of the players we have elected not to select. If we can overlook the likes of Lipinski and Trengove (especially with English copping a hiding last week and dropping Schache) then the coach and MC must be very confident.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comprehensive response BT. My confidence is around the quality of the players we have elected not to select. If we can overlook the likes of Lipinski and Trengove (especially with English copping a hiding last week and dropping Schache) then the coach and MC must be very confident.
    I actually see a case can be made the other way. They can afford to blood debutants against the 18th placed team if there's over confidence, hubris, maybe. I'm not thrilled that Lippa & Trengove are killing it yet can't get in. Then Schache gets dropped for the same output issue that Gowers escapes, and so Naughton may have to relief ruck. I'm not much confident on the ins and outs this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Or delusional.

13. Likes Twodogs, DOG GOD, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Or delusional.
    Hehehe!

Bulldogs by 64 points
    FG. Billy G
    BOG The Bont.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Or delusional.
    So which is it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    For me I'm juggling a few things.

1. Losing experienced players to injury.
    2. Playing a couple of debutants.
    3. It was a close run thing last year against them in not too dissimilar circumstances.
    4. Their tall forward line will land them a close win, or us a big win.
    5. Surely their players understand this could be it for Bolton if they go limp again. So perhaps they try a bit harder.
    6. They have a talented core of players, and I think they're better than last year.
    7. We still have issues on turnover and poor kicking for goal. I don't see that changing this week.
    8. I thought we were about the same chance against GCS at Marvel. We lost by a small margin then.
    9. I still think we are working through team balance. Wallis is still a bit too much time in the middle, while McLean is being wasted up forward (despite goaling a bit) and Dunkley needs to go into midfield beast mode because he can't make 15m set shots. Hopefully this is the week the balance gets better, but I'm not certain of it.

I'm badly wanting the win and will be cheering as loud as ever. It's nothing too much about the form against Collingwood, to me it feels like a classic danger game of recent years like when Melbourne would get their season win against us with guys like Watts performing season best. Just something about it has me concerned. That said, if we 'click', it will be bloody and Bolton won't walk out of Marvel a senior coach.
    Well written mate, without copying you, I’m in a similar vein. I’m a little confused by team selection, and when I look over the blues backline, it’s really not too bad. Cripps has already gone to another level and I expect a high 30+ possessions for him Sunday.

I also had a dream Carlton win by 8 pts with McKay kicking 5.
    I think McKay, Casboult and Curnow (or Kruz up there) will be too difficult, if the Carlton midfield play a good game. It always seem to be a bit of an arm wrestle against them, and if our kicking is off, and we continue to just bomb twice as many inside 50’s with no result, I can see them just getting over the line.

Gold Coast made us look second rate in Melbourne
    Carlton should’ve beaten them away

Either way, I think it will be under 2 goals, win or lose

And personally, I don’t think we are playing as well as what some might think.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

17. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs by 23

First Goal Naughton
    BOG The Bont
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.