Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  92
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee R6, Vs Fremantle

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    When he spoke yesterday (very well I might add) he was positive and hopeful of a recall although he also discussed he's studying a psychology degree so hes preparing for life after footy as he should. Must be something he's not doing right but I can't pick it.
    Thanks for sharing.

I hope he gets a call up. We won a flag with the help of everyone falling over and Hamling getting a default call up and he was awesome when given a shot, he was delisted in everyone's eyes before that. No harm in giving him another chance. What have we got to lose?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Freo are flying atm, next Sunday forecast to be 30 degrees here, albeit cooler with the 6.10pm start on a hard deck at Optus with a hostile crowd. Mundy deservedly plays his 300th, good player, good bloke. If ever there is a time for our team to stand up it is now, lets see who has the guts and drive to take a stand. That means you Cordy, Wood, Williams, LLoyd, Dickson, Richards, Hunter and Gowers. MC to stop giving so much selection credence to Gulliver's travels. Trengove and Lipinski in plus one of Lewis Young, Boyd (forward), Schache (who needs to seriously impact forward contests). Naughton plays back otherwise Taberner will do a McKay, Dunkley gloves Fyfe all day as does JJ to Walters.
    Isn't the game Saurday night?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Can anyone please enlighten me on what Fletcher Roberts has done wrong?

He is 196cm. Has played 49 games. He played a crucial role in our Premiership (where we played two tall defenders, plus Wood and Morris).
    I don't think he skates with Bevo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Isn't the game Saurday night?
    yep, my bad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Can anyone please enlighten me on what Fletcher Roberts has done wrong?

He is 196cm. Has played 49 games. He played a crucial role in our Premiership (where we played two tall defenders, plus Wood and Morris).
    I wonder this too. He can play back or forward what’s the problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously Roberts did something to Bevo post grand final, coz he’s hardly been sighted since.
    Not sure what the exact problem is. He was serviceable in the GF and once Hamling left, he should’ve been a main stay in our 22 depending on injury etc, but Bevo obviously doesn’t rate him, or the MC for that matter, yet they extend his contract. Doesn’t make much sense at all.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

About round 8 2017 Roberts had played every game and was about 7th in our best and fairest. 2 weeks later he was dropped and has been barely sighted since.

So clearly when he was playing the coaches rated his input, but at some point their opinions flipped completely.

Now I'm not saying I rate him or that he is the answer, but I find it amazing that we are so keen to keep a player on our lost that we refuse to use under any circumstances, much like the Campbell scenario the last couple of years as well.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Dixon kicked 5 in Fletch’s last game, and I remember Taylor Walker (and not for the first time) embarrassing him for strength & speed in Adelaide 2017.

I’m thankful for his prelim/GF fortnight and for fighting back so well from being dropped for the WCE elimination final....but I’m really comfortable with the line through his name.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Dixon kicked 5 in Fletch’s last game, and I remember Taylor Walker (and not for the first time) embarrassing him for strength & speed in Adelaide 2017.

I’m thankful for his prelim/GF fortnight and for fighting back so well from being dropped for the WCE elimination final....but I’m really comfortable with the line through his name.
    Then why give him an extension Pie Man ? I think that’s the main query .
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    I don't think he skates with Bevo.
    You are so funny
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Then why give him an extension Pie Man ? I think that’s the main query .
    I doubt Sam Power would
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    yep, my bad
    Are you going to the game westbulldog? Hopefully we put up a better performance.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for dropping Hunter, Wallis, Dickson, Wood & Cordy.

I'm playing Naughton & Lewis Young as our 2 key defenders... and sticking them there for 10 years. Time to swallow your pride Bevo!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'm all for dropping Hunter, Wallis, Dickson, Wood & Cordy.

I'm playing Naughton & Lewis Young as our 2 key defenders... and sticking them there for 10 years. Time to swallow your pride Bevo!
    I would retain Wood who together with Maclean and Richards has been played out of position. I have always admired Cordy’s competitive spirit and could improvise once again at CHF. Dunkley much like Hunter and Wallis is a poor user of the ball whether as a mid fielder or up forward which is a growing concern given our poor disposal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    I would retain Wood who together with Maclean and Richards has been played out of position. I have always admired Cordy’s competitive spirit and could improvise once again at CHF. Dunkley much like Hunter and Wallis is a poor user of the ball whether as a mid fielder or up forward which is a growing concern given our poor disposal.
    Wood had just 3 kicks for the game and 2 of them were missed shots for goals. 3 kicks just isn't cutting it. His output has been disappointing and it's been a while since he has strung together some decent games.

You talk of ball use but surely Suckling coming back would be a far better option? He gets more of the ball and does vastly more with it plus he takes the game on.

Wood has had 2 quiet years before this one and the signs so far aren't positive. We would expect most players to adapt but for some reason so many people expect that the MC provides him with a favourable match-up and if they don't it's not the players fault if he doesn't perform. I get that he is the captain but how much longer do we lower the levels of expectations with him?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

16. Likes hujsh, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post