Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  92
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee R6, Vs Fremantle

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Wood had just 3 kicks for the game and 2 of them were missed shots for goals. 3 kicks just isn't cutting it. His output has been disappointing and it's been a while since he has strung together some decent games.

You talk of ball use but surely Suckling coming back would be a far better option? He gets more of the ball and does vastly more with it plus he takes the game on.

Wood has had 2 quiet years before this one and the signs so far aren't positive. We would expect most players to adapt but for some reason so many people expect that the MC provides him with a favourable match-up and if they don't it's not the players fault if he doesn't perform. I get that he is the captain but how much longer do we lower the levels of expectations with him?
    To be fair he's playing as a key defender for the first time in his career. Whether or not you like the selection decisions you can at least appreciate that even senior players will suffer a learning curve when taking on a new role.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    To be fair he's playing as a key defender for the first time in his career. Whether or not you like the selection decisions you can at least appreciate that even senior players will suffer a learning curve when taking on a new role.
    I'm taking a longer term view on his output than just this season and as I initially stated, it's been a while since he has put together some good games.
    If you can't play tall or forward and you don't get a lot if the ball and when you do you don't have a high skill level you become an average player at best.
    I know he's the captain but he needs to be a lot better than he has been. He's not the intercept beast he once was and doesn't gave the skill level to cover it when the ball is is on the ground

Richards and Naughton are being asked to perform different roles as have so many others but Wood's lack of form seems to be often explained that he is being asked to play out of his comfort zone. As a player is he really that important to us that we need to plan around providing him favourable match-ups?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Ok guys I’ve had a little time to get over the disappointment of the Carlton loss. Well let’s hope so. As Bevo is not going to drop our premiership captain do we play him as the swing man is role that Daniel is currently in. Give him three weeks to regain the form or see ya later. I know his disposal can be average at time but we won a flag with him in that role. Move Daniel up on the wing forward flank. That addresses some disposal into the forward 50. Suckers back in and the back six is set.
    Libba 90% time as a mid. Dunks with a run with role. Trengrove come in for fir Lloyd and a Wallis to play 90% forward. So happy for the kids to get another game as I thought they hand a go. Bevo will never drop anyone after the first game.

These couple of ins give stuck suppler, forward line grunt, backline backup. And should help create goals. If the 666 is better I wouldn’t mind Daniel linking up making threats 50 enteries. Oh and stoops the Tall forward/ruck getting behind the zone and being one on one with a midget
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Cordy, Naughton, Crozier
    JJ, Le Young, Daniel
    Macrae, Dunkley, Hunter
    McLean, Schache, Smith
    Wallis, Dickson, Lloyd
    English, Bont, Libba
    Lipinski, Williams, Jong, Dale

That's what I'd do.

If Suckling and Duryea are fit I'd bring them in too, for Jong and Dale.

Wallis forward leave him there
    Dunk in the middle leave him there, along with Libba and Lipinski
    Sure up the backline and give Daniel, JJ, Crozier, Williams more licence to play aggressive for the turnover and quick transition
    Hope that Jong and Dale can spend time forward, kick some goals and at least slow the turnovers we make from being quick goals against

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Cordy, Naughton, Crozier
    JJ, Le Young, Daniel
    Macrae, Dunkley, Hunter
    McLean, Schache, Smith
    Wallis, Dickson, Lloyd
    English, Bont, Libba
    Lipinski, Williams, Jong, Dale

That's what I'd do.

If Suckling and Duryea are fit I'd bring them in too, for Jong and Dale.

Wallis forward leave him there
    Dunk in the middle leave him there, along with Libba and Lipinski
    Sure up the backline and give Daniel, JJ, Crozier, Williams more licence to play aggressive for the turnover and quick transition
    Hope that Jong and Dale can spend time forward, kick some goals and at least slow the turnovers we make from being quick goals against
    The backline looks fine, but that FF line just screams yuck!

Whilst I'm not a massive fan of Trengove we probably have to play him at FF (so we can bomb it on his head!) & 2nd ruck to ease to load on Schache. Would like to get Lynch into the team as a forward as he has some toe & can kick.

6. Likes azabob, bulldogtragic, Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Then why give him an extension Pie Man ? I think that’s the main query .
    It’s truly baffling. Can only assume it was being worked on early 2017 when he was in the team and they hadn’t considered his exit from the senior side was going to be more or less permanent.

Think it’s one game since the contract was announced.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I think Dickson is pretty much done, especially where we are at as a team. He has lost his kicking penetration and his ability to cover the ground and get separation on the lead.

I’m afraid to say in my view Lloyd is ahead of him.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Are you going to the game westbulldog? Hopefully we put up a better performance.
    Won't be there Easty as a : - good seat costs more than a month's Foxtel. - the FB's are a total pain in the arse (1st word Freo ). At Optus they think imitating the Super Bowl is more important to people than the footy match.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    The backline looks fine, but that FF line just screams yuck!

Whilst I'm not a massive fan of Trengove we probably have to play him at FF (so we can bomb it on his head!) & 2nd ruck to ease to load on Schache. Would like to get Lynch into the team as a forward as he has some toe & can kick.
    I'd like to see Lynch in there (and Dale, maybe Jong) so we've got more speed and kicking skill (at least from the former two).

I'd prefer we wait out for Boyd to return to play him as the second ruck/forward. Schache for me in the mean time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Won't be there Easty as a : - good seat costs more than a month's Foxtel. - the FB's are a total pain in the arse (1st word Freo ). At Optus they think imitating the Super Bowl is more important to people than the footy match.
    I'll be there ... taking my son and sitting with the Bulldog faithful whilst my wife and daughter will be sitting at the other end (Freo scum ... only for this week though )
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

This would be my team against Freo. We need more height against the Freo Forwards, so Trengrove comes in and Naughton goes back. Trengrove can also have stints in the ruck. Young gets another game, but Hayes doesn't. Easton Wood is out for a week or two (let's say he's injured)

Backs:- Cordy, Naughton, Crozier
    H/Backs:- JJ, Lewis Young, Daniel
    Centres:- Dunkley, Macrae, Hunter
    H/Forwards:- Wallis, Schache, Smith
    Forwards:- McLean, Trengrove, Lloyd
    Followers:- English, Bontempelli, Libba
    Bench:- Lipinski, Williams, Jong, Lynch
    WOOF Member 422

13. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

WA Western Bulldogs
    @WADoggies
    Sadly we have been informed that Optus Stadium won’t allow access to the Western Bulldogs for training. Hopefully, we will see you on Friday evening
    @inglewoodhotel from 7pm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Ummm...free tickets to the game with your club membership!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    WA Western Bulldogs
    @WADoggies
    Sadly we have been informed that Optus Stadium won’t allow access to the Western Bulldogs for training. Hopefully, we will see you on Friday evening
    @inglewoodhotel from 7pm.
    Surely the club should be kicking up a big fuss if they are not being allowed to access the ground for training before match day?

I thought every club had access to every ground for a run prior to the match?

Post Thanks / Like

In: Suckling, Trengove, Lipinski; Lewis Young
    Out: Lachlan Young, Richards, Hunter to be rested/hampered by injury and missing Perth might be good for him, McLean.

Schache won't come in because he hasn't had a chance to go back and do what has been asked of him. But I would like him to be played.