Cordy Naughton Wood
    jj LeYoung Crozier
    Macrae Dunkley Daniel
    Hunter Schache Mclean
    Trengove Gowers Loyd
    English Bont Libba
    Dickson Williams Hayes Richards

Wallis Smith LaYoung

time to play a how we want to play. The great teams play the players they want and just go about their business. If your match up is a bit bigger or a bit faster or even a bit smaller, you have to learn to play on them and use your strengths to combat theirs. Play the kids where we drafted them to play. Give anyone 20 games in a row in a position and they are going to learn all the tricks needed to beat any opponent. Sure you will hurt some times but thatÂ’s how they learn to be the best.

Why drop Wallis? He is averaging twice as many disposals as Richards. And he is getting the hard possession.

Hunter had only 2 more possessions (and rarely has any penetration).

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee R6, Vs Fremantle

Agreed at least Wally has a crack.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    why drop Hayes?

he had 21 possessions and 7 Score involvements. Not bad for first game. Only 4 players had more disposals (24,24,26,31). Plenty to drop before him.
    Too loose with the ball, he's Jong without pace

Turnovers kill you
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Id like to turn the blowtorch of bevos bazooka on Dunks.

He isn't the player the club thinks he is, he has no real tricks, hes one paced and being played totally out of position.
    At best he is a mismatch half forward type, not a wingman/midfeilder.

Combine him with the similar players in hunter and wallis (who are both better options IMHO) i really dont think theres a place for him at the minute, id rather play someone with leg speed, or a bit of X Factor (lynch)

The MC needs to stop overthinking things and get back to core basics, including leaving the Shaq in the team.
    Then the team can learn to stay out of his run path and get some cohesive forward craft.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested why no-one is suggesting we should drop Macrae.

His performance - and sulking - last weekend was appalling and I am not sure he should be selected.

He spent some time forward? So what? You know what playing forward under the roof at Marvel in front of 30000 people is better than? Playing midfield for Footscray in the wind and rain in front of 300 people.

Messages need to be sent and that isn't going to happen by faffing about around the edges of the team.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

7. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

His performance - and sulking - last weekend was appalling and I am not sure he should be selected.

He spent some time forward? So what? You know what playing forward under the roof at Marvel in front of 30000 people is better than? Playing midfield for Footscray in the wind and rain in front of 300 people.

Messages need to be sent and that isn't going to happen by faffing about around the edges of the team.
    Is that you Bevo?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Agreed at least Wally has a crack.
    But he's slow with limited agility and a terrible field kick... and if you want to play him forward we already have Lloyd, Dickson & Dunkley filling those spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Is that you Bevo?
    LOL.

Actually interested. I have seen calls to drop Wallis and Hayes...they seemed to at least have a go. The problem last week was Macrae, Bont, Hunter and Libba. So drop one of them and send a genuine message about what will and wont be tolerated. Don't talk about what will and wont be tolerated - send a clear message.

11. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    why drop Hayes?

he had 21 possessions and 7 Score involvements. Not bad for first game. Only 4 players had more disposals (24,24,26,31). Plenty to drop before him.
    Bevo rarely drops a kid after his first game, let alone someone who can actually cover ground.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    To be fair he's playing as a key defender for the first time in his career. Whether or not you like the selection decisions you can at least appreciate that even senior players will suffer a learning curve when taking on a new role.
    First time as a KPD?
    Wood's played the same role his entire career - intercepting defender, although occasionally he'll play a little tighter (e.g. roles on Buddy and Stevie J in the past).

Wood is horribly out of form and if we really are set to send a message to the group Wood is one I'd seriously look at. Crozier is playing the Wood role of 2015/2016 and we are desperate for height in the backline. Fletch Roberts can at least kick the ball and although has limitations will bust a gut for every second he's on the ground which is a quality we desperately need.

Bevo preaches flexibility but what he rally means is 'flexibilty for anyone not named Easton'.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Too loose with the ball, he's Jong without pace

Turnovers kill you
    Don’t agree with you on his pace, he covers the ground really well.

The numbers back him up, too - 3.1km of high speed running on the weekend was the second best on the ground behind Marc Murphy and he put in 25 sprint efforts which was the most on the ground.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Has there been a more tirelessly consistent contributor for us since our flag year than Macrae?

Sure, let’s drop his ungrateful ass. That’ll stop the rot.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

17. Likes Happy Days, azabob, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

Nobody is suggesting dropping Macrae, because it doesn't have any merit as a suggestion.
    I'm sorry Mjp - I like your posts. But not this one.
    Of all players - Macrae turns up, works hard and performs - week after week, more reliably than any.

19. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem is not the players,itÂ’s the team structure.

On Sunday, when Naughton stood in the goal square the Dogs had only one player over 192 cm (English) on the other 99% of the ground.

opposing teams know that they can outmark and then kick 50 m, so they set up for it and get tremendous drive which delivers quick,easy goals.

The dogs try to counter this with panicked handball runs which draw teammates out of position and result in a turnover 65% of the time.

its time for the mc to pay respect to the basic principles associated with positions on the ground.

We have failed to kick 10 goals in 30% of games in the last 18 months.

Put Roberts in the forward line. He can take an overhead mark, kick a 50m goal (IÂ’ve seen both) and came to the club as a goal kicking forward. That should take some pressure off the other forwards.

I hope playing the boys in their natural position is not too revolutionary.

21. Likes GVGjr, bornadog, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Nobody is suggesting dropping Macrae, because it doesn't have any merit as a suggestion.
    I'm sorry Mjp - I like your posts. But not this one.
    Of all players - Macrae turns up, works hard and performs - week after week, more reliably than any.
    That’s fair enough. My point is that he was terrible last week and his body language was worse...and whilst we continue to mess around at selection time with the fringes of the team nothing will change.

He is my dream team captain and I don’t think there is any chance he will be left out...but a fish rots from the head and his performance last week was (along with Bont, Hunter and Libaj the reason we lost the game. So if you want changes, start with one of them.