Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  35
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - R7, Vs Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Suckling is expected back for the Brisbane game, not this week.

You want to drop Hunter who has been widely acknowledged as one of our best on the weekend???
    Yup mucked up the Suckling call

I know Hunter is routinely named in our best...I’m just sick of the dodgy disposal & at times questionable effort at the contest. Lippa has a tank (not sure if it’s comparable to Lachie’s) and is a far better kick.

I’m convinced our midfield needs a shake up - Bailey Smith is a start, but we need more scoreboard production and effective F50 entries, and the likes of Macrae & Hunter just aren’t it
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    I know Hunter is routinely named in our best...I’m just sick of the dodgy disposal & at times questionable effort at the contest. Lippa has a tank (not sure if it’s comparable to Lachie’s) and is a far better kick.
    Hunter has one of the best tanks in the entire competition and is the best at our club.
    Reigning B&F winner who just managed 10 votes in the coaches award.

Lippi didn't have the greatest game in the VFL and was playing mostly as an inside mid. He's much slower than Hunter.

I'd find room for Lewie Young as a forward and instruct him to get nowhere near Naughton and to split the defenders. We have the option of rolling him back when Trengove rucks even though Lewis rucked against Willy.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

3. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Hunter has one of the best tanks in the entire competition and is the best at our club.

Lippi didn't have the greatest game in the VFL and was playing mostly as an inside mid. He's much slower than Hunter.

I'd find room for Lewie Young as a forward and instruct him to get nowhere near Naughton and to split the defenders. We have the option of rolling him back when Trengove rucks even though Lewis rucked against Willy.
    If I stand back and review my opinion of Hunter, it is a bit similar to some posters views on Suckling....I get the 10 coaches votes and B&F last year....I just feel like I'm watching a different player. His disposal over 20-25 metres is ok, but anything longer than that just doesn't help us (he had impressive 'metres gained' numbers on Saturday night, would be interested in metres lost in turnover following those disposals though) And is Lipinski really much slower than Hunter? I wouldn't have thought either are considered quick.

Re: Lewis Young forward - yeah, why not....can't see it after his game against Willy though.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Lewis Young looked really good in the ruck with his excellent leapafter taking over from Boyd. Should be an excellent back up to English with both alternating at CHF in a bid to lift our ordinary attack. Would prefer to see Naughton in defence where we badly lack height.

6. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Lewis Young looked really good in the ruck with his excellent leapafter taking over from Boyd. Should be an excellent back up to English with both alternating at CHF in a bid to lift our ordinary attack. Would prefer to see Naughton in defence where we badly lack height.
    I watched some of that vfl game and I was surprised at the contrast between the rucking styles displayed by Boyd and Young. Boyd,who has been coached for years in that role, was hitting the ball to his feet. All that did was lock the ball in.

Young always attempted to hit the ball clear. He usually got his hand to the ball. Admittedly he was playing on the second ruckman but he looked good.

8. Likes Nuggety Back Pocket liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm shaking my head that we were actually using Lewis as a ruck. It just pisses me off because we gave 2 rucks away for nothing and now ruining the development of other players to fill the hole these muppets left. My god, my old country club knew how to run a team better than this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I'm shaking my head that we were actually using Lewis as a ruck. It just pisses me off because we gave 2 rucks away for nothing and now ruining the development of other players to fill the hole these muppets left. My god, my old country club knew how to run a team better than this.
    The old saying is “Jack of all trades but master of none “. That’s why nobody has a commanding influence in their position. That’s why we don’t have match winners.

11. Likes chef, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand your frustrations but just by some good stroke of fortune, we may have found something special in Lewis Young

Post Thanks / Like

I stand by my inclusions earlier in the week.

Lewis, Lipinski, Lynch, Dale.

If we lose we still lose, but let's try something a bit different.

Happy for Schache to have another week or two in the B's.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry, I doubt it will be happening
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

So Young is now a forward? Why not ruck? Why not wing? Ahh you got to love having flexible players on the list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    So Young is now a forward? Why not ruck? Why not wing? Ahh you got to love having flexible players on the list.
    Young has played forward in the VFL quite a few times in the past two years. He only backed up in the ruck due to Sweet suspended. I think Gardner didn't play either.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Astbury likely to miss this week for the Tigers with Rance obviously out as well.

Good opportunity to play 2 tall forwards with Grimes taking one and a lesser defender the other. May also trickle down to a more favourable matchup for Gowers if he holds his place in the team.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be surprised with no change, but who knows.

19. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Astbury likely to miss this week for the Tigers with Rance obviously out as well.

Good opportunity to play 2 tall forwards with Grimes taking one and a lesser defender the other. May also trickle down to a more favourable matchup for Gowers if he holds his place in the team.
    Is Garthwaite fit? Quality young KPD. Certainly no pushover.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers