Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  35
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - R7, Vs Richmond

No change, wow.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I think Patrick Lipinski must be shaking his head
    He is not the only one shaking his head. That is a disgrace.

How does he keep Gowers in the team. I would prefer to play one short.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, when everyone expects the zig, Bevo brings the zag.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I do feel that Gowers, Dunkley and Dickson we’re fortunate to hold their places this week.

Last week should’ve been their final week to prove their worth but neither lifted to the occasion.

Although our guys pressing at VFL level didn’t showcase their value to be promoted last week it is more prudent for Lipinski and possibly Roberts to replace those that have been consistently sub par this season.

We should not be so accepting of such consistent mediocrity from those privileged to be selected by in the primary 22.

Hopefully all of Gowers, Dunkley and Dickson back their coach in this week who has been more than patient with them.

5. Likes Nuggety Back Pocket, westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Question is will a journalist have the balls to ask the question: "So Luke, coming off 4 losses in a row after a promising start, with kicking for goal being prety awful, what was the thinking behind the decision to go in with an unchanged side?"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Question is will a journalist have the balls to ask the question: "So Luke, coming off 4 losses in a row after a promising start, with kicking for goal being prety awful, what was the thinking behind the decision to go in with an unchanged side?"
    Devils advocate:

We won 2 on the trot. We had one bad game and have been competitive. We aren't far off. The team that went to Perth hated 15 minutes of their game and want to redeem. Great experience and opportunity to do it against the best side in the competition. We nearly knocked Richmond off on their turf with a more inexperienced team 6 months ago. We can win this.

Post Thanks / Like

Who's not to say that Bevo hasn't read the riot act on a few players to lift their game or they'll be out next week.
    It might be a last chance scenario to see if they will lift.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

9. Likes S Coast Simon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Young has played forward in the VFL quite a few times in the past two years. He only backed up in the ruck due to Sweet suspended. I think Gardner didn't play either.
    Yeah I understand but to bring him into play forward does not make sense. We need him to become a backman, we have played him there for the majority let's continue to develop him there. It would allow Naughton to stay forward and we have Schache and Boyd to play the second forward role already why try another?

Look at what we have done for Crozier. He has been played exclusively as a defender it's amazing how continuity can drive belief the kid has turned into Wood 2.0. Let's not confuse anymore of our players just to be different. I think if we become more predictable to each other the connection through the lines will improve dramatically.

Bevo has to change his ways a little and I really do believe this team can flourish. We have been overrun in the last quarters over the last few weeks and we are coming home from Perth, surely you would make a change or two? I understand that performances in the 2nds weren't great but we have lost 4 in a row in the seniors. I really do believe Bevo is outsmarting himself atm, playing Hayes and Young in the team is another example of this. Why do we have to be so young? I really don't want to give up on this season yet but its on the edge atm. Richmond are gettable this week make no mistake, another loss and its going to become an unhappy place to work again that's for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    15 AFL listed players had the opportunity to show something and they fluffed it
    Don’t you mean 37 AFL players?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Yeah I understand but to bring him into play forward does not make sense. We need him to become a backman, we have played him there for the majority let's continue to develop him there. It would allow Naughton to stay forward and we have Schache and Boyd to play the second forward role already why try another?

Look at what we have done for Crozier. He has been played exclusively as a defender it's amazing how continuity can drive belief the kid has turned into Wood 2.0. Let's not confuse anymore of our players just to be different. I think if we become more predictable to each other the connection through the lines will improve dramatically.

Bevo has to change his ways a little and I really do believe this team can flourish. We have been overrun in the last quarters over the last few weeks and we are coming home from Perth, surely you would make a change or two? I understand that performances in the 2nds weren't great but we have lost 4 in a row in the seniors. I really do believe Bevo is outsmarting himself atm, playing Hayes and Young in the team is another example of this. Why do we have to be so young? I really don't want to give up on this season yet but its on the edge atm. Richmond are gettable this week make no mistake, another loss and its going to become an unhappy place to work again that's for sure.

I realise Crozier got votes from 15 people in the other thread but that has left me wondering if I saw the same game. I see that he gets an honourable mention here too.

His opponent kicked 5 goals and won the game for Freo. He is not a good defender because he loses his man.

While he goes for the spectacular mark over the pack his opponent stays at the back, as expected, and takes a chest mark- goals. Look at the replay.

A little later the ball spills from the pack, over his head to his opponent standing alone at the top of the goal square. Naturally he kicks another goal. Look at the replay.

Yes, 5 goals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Who's not to say that Bevo hasn't read the riot act on a few players to lift their game or they'll be out next week.
    It might be a last chance scenario to see if they will lift.
    Reading the riot act won't miraculously make players kick it better. Bev is picking players without the ability to do what he wants.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s not surprising.

But it is astounding that Young keeps his spot. No disrespect to him, but HTF is he in the side?

Dickson is cooked - can’t see why we play him again. Maybe no recognised forwards at VFL helps given Greene is injured, Schache barely touched it and Boyd’s not ready. I’d still rather play Lippa or Schache regardless.

Gowers is Bevos pet - it’s poor form by Bevo and the MC to continually play Gowers given his woeful form, yet quickly drop Schache. Gowers defensive game is putrid and he can’t kick.

We will be obliterated by Richmond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    I realise Crozier got votes from 15 people in the other thread but that has left me wondering if I saw the same game. I see that he gets an honourable mention here too.

His opponent kicked 5 goals and won the game for Freo. He is not a good defender because he loses his man.

While he goes for the spectacular mark over the pack his opponent stays at the back, as expected, and takes a chest mark- goals. Look at the replay.

A little later the ball spills from the pack, over his head to his opponent standing alone at the top of the goal square. Naturally he kicks another goal. Look at the replay.

Yes, 5 goals.
    Given teams play a team defense, with very few guys taking a specific bloke for the whole game, isn't it more then case that Matera got off the leash. 3 o his 5 goals were cheapies and could just have easily been any other player in the forward half. Even with Matera's 5 goals, the game was lost because we kicked poorly and didn't take our chances. Freo kick 4 goals 1 behind in the last. We kicked 1 goal 7. 5 scoring shots to 8 and we were a goal down at 3/4 time.

Crozier's drive from half back was a key reason, along with Daniel's distribution that we entered 50 as often as we did. Yes Matera scored 5, but given we don't play shut down roles you can't pin it on Crosier alone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Given teams play a team defense, with very few guys taking a specific bloke for the whole game, isn't it more then case that Matera got off the leash. 3 o his 5 goals were cheapies and could just have easily been any other player in the forward half. Even with Matera's 5 goals, the game was lost because we kicked poorly and didn't take our chances. Freo kick 4 goals 1 behind in the last. We kicked 1 goal 7. 5 scoring shots to 8 and we were a goal down at 3/4 time.

Crozier's drive from half back was a key reason, along with Daniel's distribution that we entered 50 as often as we did. Yes Matera scored 5, but given we don't play shut down roles you can't pin it on Crosier alone.
    Daniel has had twice as many disposals as Crozier (almost) and he usually puts the ball in a teammateÂ’s hands. In my mind he is the most valuable player weÂ’ve got.

Crozier has dash and usually kicks the ball (which is good) but then he looks to see where it has gone ( not so good). Look at where the ball is heading 20 seconds after he kicks it.

The coaches should try to get him to reverse the sequence.

The way we are entering 50 is far more important than how often, and a big part of our lack of success.

Maybe we should also try some shut down on dangerous forwards, I think Matera got 4 goals the week before so he must have been on the coachesÂ’ radar. To allow him 5 more was poor football. Other teams are not generous to us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red White Blue View Post
    Reading the riot act won't miraculously make players kick it better. Bev is picking players without the ability to do what he wants.
    The trouble is, are the players not selected any better. No one from the VFL game put their hand up to say pick me on the weekend.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...