Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  35
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - R7, Vs Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Although we clearly have an issue scoring I'm fairly sure scoring is down league wide so it's not all our own doing.
    Look at 2011: 1.7 goals for each behind.
    In 2015 it was 1.68 goals per behind

by 2017 it was down to 1.08

This year it’s 0.92

There has been a clear trajectory

2. Thanks Nuggety Back Pocket thanked for this post
    Likes G-Mo77, Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Look at 2011: 1.7 goals for each behind.
    In 2015 it was 1.68 goals per behind

by 2017 it was down to 1.08

This year it’s 0.92

There has been a clear trajectory
    Now you are talking goal kicking accuracy which we all know is a huge problem. Obviously linked to scoring but only one factor.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of our scoring accuracy has to do with our shallow forward entries. We seem to have a lot of shots at goal from 40+ which lowers the percentage. We hardly ever get a player running into open goal like what seems to happen to us frequently. When we do get deep in f50 the opposition has had plenty of time to press back and flood. I'm convinced our forwards don't know what our mids are doing and never know when and where to lead.

If there is a plan in place to fix our scoring woes I hope it all clicks pretty soon because our season is hanging by a thread.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    A lot of our scoring accuracy has to do with our shallow forward entries. We seem to have a lot of shots at goal from 40+ which lowers the percentage. We hardly ever get a player running into open goal like what seems to happen to us frequently. When we do get deep in f50 the opposition has had plenty of time to press back and flood. I'm convinced our forwards don't know what our mids are doing and never know when and where to lead.

If there is a plan in place to fix our scoring woes I hope it all clicks pretty soon because our season is hanging by a thread.
    There must be a plan by now. They have had years.

If not, anyone with half a brain could make one in ten minutes by reading observations reported in this and other threads.

Post Thanks / Like

When was the last time anyone correctly predicted the ins and outs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    When was the last time anyone correctly predicted the ins and outs?
    Me. This week.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    No Change
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes angelopetraglia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Me. This week.
    Ha ... was that serious or were you being sarcastic ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Ha ... was that serious or were you being sarcastic ...
    Bit of both.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post

A lack of pace in the midfield is a big concern which creates slower movement into our forward line. This combined with poor disposal by foot adds to our woes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    A lack of pace in the midfield is a big concern which creates slower movement into our forward line. This combined with poor disposal by foot adds to our woes.
    Speed by foot is overrated.

Last night I went to the Pies v Port game. Collingwood hit the ball low and flat and fast. They have players who expect this. The ball pings across the park like a pin ball. Run helps, but it's not the be all and end all. Without good ball movement it becomes a non factor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    I realise Crozier got votes from 15 people in the other thread but that has left me wondering if I saw the same game. I see that he gets an honourable mention here too.

His opponent kicked 5 goals and won the game for Freo. He is not a good defender because he loses his man.

While he goes for the spectacular mark over the pack his opponent stays at the back, as expected, and takes a chest mark- goals. Look at the replay.

A little later the ball spills from the pack, over his head to his opponent standing alone at the top of the goal square. Naturally he kicks another goal. Look at the replay.

Yes, 5 goals.
    If you have issues with what Crozier has done since he has been a bulldog you're a mighty tough judge. His body of work has been excellent and an example on how continuity can drive belief. That was the point I was making it wasn't about one performance.