Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  35
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - R7, Vs Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Daniel has had twice as many disposals as Crozier (almost) and he usually puts the ball in a teammateÂ’s hands. In my mind he is the most valuable player weÂ’ve got.

Crozier has dash and usually kicks the ball (which is good) but then he looks to see where it has gone ( not so good). Look at where the ball is heading 20 seconds after he kicks it.

The coaches should try to get him to reverse the sequence.

The way we are entering 50 is far more important than how often, and a big part of our lack of success.

Maybe we should also try some shut down on dangerous forwards, I think Matera got 4 goals the week before so he must have been on the coachesÂ’ radar. To allow him 5 more was poor football. Other teams are not generous to us.
    Good observations, while I think Crozier has been very good there are some things he should be working on.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    But it is astounding that Young keeps his spot. No disrespect to him, but HTF is he in the side?

Dickson is cooked - can’t see why we play him again. Maybe no recognised forwards at VFL helps given Greene is injured, Schache barely touched it and Boyd’s not ready. I’d still rather play Lippa or Schache regardless.
    Re forwards: Bailey Dale must be just below full match fitness. He's in for me when he's ready. Has those gadget arms and is a creative ball user.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    It’s not surprising.

But it is astounding that Young keeps his spot. No disrespect to him, but HTF is he in the side?

Dickson is cooked - can’t see why we play him again. Maybe no recognised forwards at VFL helps given Greene is injured, Schache barely touched it and Boyd’s not ready. I’d still rather play Lippa or Schache regardless.

Gowers is Bevos pet - it’s poor form by Bevo and the MC to continually play Gowers given his woeful form, yet quickly drop Schache. Gowers defensive game is putrid and he can’t kick.

We will be obliterated by Richmond.
    Could not agree more. You would think we are 6 zip with no change.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Re forwards: Bailey Dale must be just below full match fitness. He's in for me when he's ready. Has those gadget arms and is a creative ball user.
    If Bailey Dale is a creative ball user he has no hope of getting a game. You need to be able to butcher the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    The trouble is, are the players not selected any better. No one from the VFL game put their hand up to say pick me on the weekend.
    The VFL played at a windswept Willy which is a bit different to the conditions Gowers and Dickson have with the roof at Marvel. I'm sure Schache would have enjoyed a roof last weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt having any of Dale, Cavarra or Green match fit and in form would be handy. Unfortunately all are injured or just back from injury.

We do need to see Dale put in some good defensive work at Footscray before getting a senior gig though. Wasn’t exactly a strong point before injury.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    If Bailey Dale is a creative ball user he has no hope of getting a game. You need to be able to butcher the ball.
    I think you are overlooking the fact that modern organisations are based on KPIs.

These are defined as:

A
    Key Performance Indicator (KPI) is a measurable value that demonstrates how effectively a company is achieving key business objectives. Organizations use KPIs to evaluate their success at reaching targets.

Thanks Google.

Clearly the team is meeting the key business objectives, otherwise we would have seen significant changes over the last 30 games. So all is good.

What you look for when you watch and analyse a game is old fashioned illusion stuff.

Team too short, team doesn’t kick enough, team can’t kick straight, team runs around in circles, team lacks experience.

These are football KPIs for our modern game.

Post Thanks / Like

Continued poor performances by several must mean changes for Round 8.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    The VFL played at a windswept Willy which is a bit different to the conditions Gowers and Dickson have with the roof at Marvel. I'm sure Schache would have enjoyed a roof last weekend.
    VFL also on 6 day break.

Bevo is backing the current 22 to kick goals, which has been our biggest issue this season to date.

Hopefully Schache, Dale and Lippa can put pressure on in the coming weeks.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    VFL also on 6 day break.

Bevo is backing the current 22 to kick goals, which has been our biggest issue this season to date.

Hopefully Schache, Dale and Lippa can put pressure on in the coming weeks.

For what it is worth, home and away games only

2010: 321 goals. 206 behinds
    2011: 306. 179

2015: 310. 185
    2016: 268. 195
    2017: 260. 240
    2018: 224. 190

Our ability to score has collapsed.

Last year was worse than 2014 when we finished 14th. (257. 187)

In 2015 the team kicked 18 or more goals 6 times.

In the 3+ seasons since then they have done it twice.

maybe this year shouldnÂ’t be a surprise.

11. Likes Nuggety Back Pocket liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Ha, when everyone expects the zig, Bevo brings the zag.
    Bevo can be counterintuitive. In Bevo we trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Devils advocate:

We won 2 on the trot. We had one bad game and have been competitive. We aren't far off. The team that went to Perth hated 15 minutes of their game and want to redeem. Great experience and opportunity to do it against the best side in the competition. We nearly knocked Richmond off on their turf with a more inexperienced team 6 months ago. We can win this.
    The irony in your post is that it is not the devils advocate rather it addresses the devils advocates on this forum who are freak out merchants.

14. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you are overlooking the fact that modern organisations are based on KPIs.

These are defined as:

A
    Key Performance Indicator (KPI) is a measurable value that demonstrates how effectively a company is achieving key business objectives. Organizations use KPIs to evaluate their success at reaching targets.

I guess I am getting too old. There is only ONE performance indicator that counts: Winning !
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

16. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For what it is worth, home and away games only

2010: 321 goals. 206 behinds
    2011: 306. 179

2015: 310. 185
    2016: 268. 195
    2017: 260. 240
    2018: 224. 190

Our ability to score has collapsed.

Last year was worse than 2014 when we finished 14th. (257. 187)

In 2015 the team kicked 18 or more goals 6 times.

In the 3+ seasons since then they have done it twice.

maybe this year shouldnÂ’t be a surprise.
    Although we clearly have an issue scoring I'm fairly sure scoring is down league wide so it's not all our own doing.

18. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs keeping the faith: Bevo

Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge has defended his decision to name an unchanged line-up for Saturday night's clash with Richmond, despite his side's four-game losing run.

After two wins to start the season, the struggling Dogs have failed to kick more than nine goals in any of their four defeats, and must find a way to prevail against the Tigers at Marvel Stadium to get their campaign back on track.

"We weren't far away from beating Fremantle on their own deck (last week), so even though we're not winning we feel like the team isn't far away," Beveridge told reporters on Friday.

"(We) are definitely playing a stronger game for longer, there's no doubt about that. But we've had a couple of games that we've been pretty disappointed in the consistent output for four quarters.

"But we can't just turn it on its head or flip it over. The VFL team had a tough day at Williamstown last week, there were a couple of boys putting pressure on for spots prior to that and they will get their chance.

"If you're winning every week it would be nice to be picking unchanged sides week to week, but we need to reward that at some point.

"I think some of the lads in the AFL team are definitely feeling some pressure to play well."

The eighth-placed Tigers were forced into making two changes as they look to improve on their 4-2 record.

David Astbury (ankle) and Jack Riewoldt (knee) joined Trent Cotchin (hamstring), Alex Rance (knee), Jack Graham (hamstring) and Shaun Grigg (knee, hip) on the sidelines after last week's win over Melbourne.

The pair were replaced by Shai Bolton and Connor Menadue.

"They've got a similar configuration or composition in their team as we have ... they're not a tall side," Beveridge said.

"They've lost some experienced players, but it's been impressive to see the way some of their young guys have come in and performed.

"I think both teams height-wise won't be far apart, which is a bit different for us. So hopefully we can win some of those and take a couple of bites inside our 50 and be able to hit that scoreboard from those set shots."

Beveridge, who led the Bulldogs to the 2016 premiership in his second year in charge, will coach his 100th AFL match on Saturday night.