Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  35
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - R7, Vs Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I only watched the second half (online). Neither Schache or Boyd did enough to deserve a call up, but we need one of them. Given our current position, I would rather put game time into Schache than Boyd.
    Schache is one inch taller than Roberts who is approximately four inches taller than Gowers and Dixon. I think Roberts is better overhead in a pack (which is what the forward line is usually) so I would like to see him given a try at that end of the ground. I think he would work well with Naughton and Schache can come back when he finds some form,

Post Thanks / Like

Riewoldt will be out again for Richmond so their forward line will be predominantly small with Lynch and perhaps Balta as the only talls to worry about. Can't see us bringing in an extra tall defender as some have suggested.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Riewoldt will be out again for Richmond so their forward line will be predominantly small with Lynch and perhaps Balta as the only talls to worry about. Can't see us bringing in an extra tall defender as some have suggested.
    I think Riewoldt is out for 6 weeks, but good points, I can't see the MC changing the backline talls.

Who plays on Lynch?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think Riewoldt is out for 6 weeks, but good points, I can't see the MC changing the backline talls.

Who plays on Lynch?
    Trengove is a better match size wise than Cordy, but can he keep up with him? How is Lynch moving? I haven't seen much of him for the tigers this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Trengove is a better match size wise than Cordy, but can he keep up with him? How is Lynch moving? I haven't seen much of him for the tigers this year.
    He is pretty mobile for his size.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Cordy is 191cm. Lynch is 199cm. It is a decent amount of size to concede but not as bad as Harry McKay who is 204cm.

Lewis Young 197cm and Fletcher Roberts 196cm are much better suited to these tall mobile players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Cordy is 191cm. Lynch is 199cm. It is a decent amount of size to concede but not as bad as Harry McKay who is 204cm.

Lewis Young 197cm and Fletcher Roberts 196cm are much better suited to these tall mobile players.
    Heights are always a bit dubious across the AFL but I am fairly confident Cordy is taller than 191cm - he is officially listed at 193cm. Despite giving away size I would be far more confident seeing him line up on Lynch than Young, who despite an extra few cms still has a long way to go with his one on one defending.

Post Thanks / Like

Heights are always a bit dubious across the AFL but I am fairly confident Cordy is taller than 191cm - he is officially listed at 193cm. Despite giving away size I would be far more confident seeing him line up on Lynch than Young, who despite an extra few cms still has a long way to go with his one on one defending.
    Not just height but weight. Cordy is a lot leaner than the big guys he's coming up against. Lynch is a strong lad and he'll monster Cordy, it'll be a slaughter like against McKay. I'd be disappointed if we don't bring in someone to counter it.

I'll be disappointed......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Not just height but weight. Cordy is a lot leaner than the big guys he's coming up against. Lynch is a strong lad and he'll monster Cordy, it'll be a slaughter like against McKay. I'd be disappointed if we don't bring in someone to counter it.

I'll be disappointed......
    Who would you suggest?

Post Thanks / Like

It’s either Trengove, Lewis Young or Roberts for Lynch, so it’s likely Jackson.

Suckling a likely inclusion would see Lachie Young make way - he looks a player though

Dale for Gowers would have to be looked at.

Lipinski deserves a run but for who... I’d love to see him take Hunter’s spot but it won’t happen.

Sigh
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post

Suckling a likely inclusion would see Lachie Young make way - he looks a player though

Lipinski deserves a run but for who... I’d love to see him take Hunter’s spot but it won’t happen.

Sigh
    Suckling is expected back for the Brisbane game, not this week.

You want to drop Hunter who has been widely acknowledged as one of our best on the weekend???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Who would you suggest?
    Roberts not overly strong but would be our best option IMO. Maybe Naughton stands him and we bring Schache back in up forward. It's not going to happen though, we'll go in with our mosquito fleet and have another honorable loss.

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In Lipinksi and Dale - reward good performances

Out Gowers and Dunkley - I would give Dicko one more week. He needs to prove that he has a little left in the tank. Dunk's is the surplus requirement in that midfield and both Dale and Lippa offer more from a spread perspective.

Wood, I thought was ok. Held his own against the Freo forwards and allowed guys like Crozier to run off. We would miss his experience down back if he was dropped.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post

Sigh
    Based on the VFL game Lewis Young played forward and chopped out in the ruck.
    We desperately need a second tall forward to split the defenders and right now Young was the only kid who looked remotely interested in winning his spot back.

Lippi played inside mid and I'm not sure he offers us anything in the middle we don't already have.
    Baily Dale is pushing for selection but I suspect he plays 1 more VFL game.

I expect we'll go in with no change.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Webb has also played OK this year and is no slower thank Dunkley and a far superior kick. Flip a coin bw Webb and Lippi to replace Dunkley. Lynch looked good R23 against Tigers-wonder if he will get a call up as he has a bit of zip and with JJ still yet to come good might be useful. Not sure who for though.