Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Always Right Match Committee - R7, Vs Richmond

Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make after our Round 6 match against Fremantle for our Round 7, 2019 match against Richmond at Marvel Stadium?

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - R7, Vs Richmond

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

No Change
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    No Change
    Out: English
    In: Roarke Smith (love that guy)

Bevo

6. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    No Change
    Yep. Lipinski will get 30+ tomorrow and next week we’ll still get to watch Hayes miss 17 meter passes under no pressure.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Out : Gowers and Dickson

IN: Wouldn't care if we played 2 short so long as they are no longer in the side.

10. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In Schache and Lippy and Webb
    Out Gowers and Dickson and Dunkley

Hope Cavarra shows some form tomorrow - we need a crafty forward (who kicks straight).

12. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Out Gowers, Lachie Young
    In Lipinski, Roberts

14. Likes Scorlibo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In: Schache and Lipinski

Out: Gowers and Dickson

I think we still persist with Dunkley.

Keen to hear how Schache, Lipinski and Cavarra go for Footscray in the VFL.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

At least with a game on today the MC can take in players willing to show there ready for a call up next week.
    I think two of Gowers and Dickson need to be dropped.
    I would also look at JJ. In the past he may have come straight in the seniors but he needs to build his fitness and touch as he is not doing enough in the ones.
    If lynch has a good game today he could replace JJ.
    Lipinski for Dickson and depends who steps up from Schache or Boyd.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have the pleasure of sitting through last night's game (other than intermittently viewing on my phone) however it's clear that our season is cooked and we may as well focus on getting matches into some of the players who can be difference makers for us.

With that in mind, I would make the following changes:-

Out - Wood, Gowers, Young, Dickson

In - Young, Lipinski, Lynch, Dale

Let's bring Young in - we can play him back and hopefully that means we can keep Naughton forward. Naughton will struggle week to week given he's playing the hardest role in the side with the worst ball movement and execution in the league, but let's persist. Young can be a 10 year player - he may not be Brian Lake, however he was some tools and a future.

Let's bring Lipinski in - he got more games than he arguably would have last year due to injury, he did well, he's punched a hole through the door, let's get him in and play him in the midfield rotation. With Gowers and Dickson out, Wallis can play more forward and Lipinski can take the midfield minutes.

Let's bring Lynch in - he finished last year well, he can actually run and kick the footy and while he has some gaps in his game, he's the type of player we need and maybe he'll help our structures around the contest where we can have a designed runner/outside player to feed. He can kick goals and play a high half-forward, wing, half-back role so meets the versatility mantra to.

Let's bring Dale in - he's only just back from injury but again, he can actually run and kick the footy. His defensive work was shown to be deficient in 2018 before he got injured, so again, he'll do some things that frustrate. He knows when and where to lead though, and he'll be able to impact the scoreboard and kick goals from beyond 35m. Let's get him back into the side and see if he can save his career over the next 10 weeks.

Wood - you're the captain but your form stinks and while I've been happy for the MC to give you an opportunity to turn it around, now is a good chance to do the leader thing, go back to the VFL for a few weeks and work with our developing players and show how a real leader deals with and responds to adversity.

Lach Young - glad you got a taste, think we may have found a player, but a year developing in the VFL isn't a bad thing.

Gowers - needs to close the gap between his good and his horrid...like what he offers but want to give an opportunity to others who may be able to provide a more consistent output.

Dickson - long been a favourite, has slowed and lacks penetration with his kicking. Not a helpful combination for a 30 year old small forward.

18. Likes DOG GOD, GVGjr, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    I didn't have the pleasure of sitting through last night's game (other than intermittently viewing on my phone) however it's clear that our season is cooked and we may as well focus on getting matches into some of the players who can be difference makers for us.

With that in mind, I would make the following changes:-

Out - Wood, Gowers, Young, Dickson

In - Young, Lipinski, Lynch, Dale

Let's bring Young in - we can play him back and hopefully that means we can keep Naughton forward. Naughton will struggle week to week given he's playing the hardest role in the side with the worst ball movement and execution in the league, but let's persist. Young can be a 10 year player - he may not be Brian Lake, however he was some tools and a future.

Let's bring Lipinski in - he got more games than he arguably would have last year due to injury, he did well, he's punched a hole through the door, let's get him in and play him in the midfield rotation. With Gowers and Dickson out, Wallis can play more forward and Lipinski can take the midfield minutes.

Let's bring Lynch in - he finished last year well, he can actually run and kick the footy and while he has some gaps in his game, he's the type of player we need and maybe he'll help our structures around the contest where we can have a designed runner/outside player to feed. He can kick goals and play a high half-forward, wing, half-back role so meets the versatility mantra to.

Let's bring Dale in - he's only just back from injury but again, he can actually run and kick the footy. His defensive work was shown to be deficient in 2018 before he got injured, so again, he'll do some things that frustrate. He knows when and where to lead though, and he'll be able to impact the scoreboard and kick goals from beyond 35m. Let's get him back into the side and see if he can save his career over the next 10 weeks.

Wood - you're the captain but your form stinks and while I've been happy for the MC to give you an opportunity to turn it around, now is a good chance to do the leader thing, go back to the VFL for a few weeks and work with our developing players and show how a real leader deals with and responds to adversity.

Lach Young - glad you got a taste, think we may have found a player, but a year developing in the VFL isn't a bad thing.

Gowers - needs to close the gap between his good and his horrid...like what he offers but want to give an opportunity to others who may be able to provide a more consistent output.

Dickson - long been a favourite, has slowed and lacks penetration with his kicking. Not a helpful combination for a 30 year old small forward.
    Spot on, but will the MC have the balls to make the hard decisions? Based on form, I think not, unfortunately.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lippa, Lynch and dale already bring a fresh look to a tired and slow forward line.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

In Schache or Boyd Lipinski Lynch
    out Young Gowers Dickson

22. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gonna wait to have a look at the twos, but Gowers can't play next week/in general.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -