In Schache or Boyd Lipinski Lynch
    out Young Gowers Dickson
    Yep ... This is what I would do; preferring Schache over Boyd
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - R7, Vs Richmond

In: Lipsinki, Dale, Roberts
    Out: Dickson, Gowers, Lachie Young

- Dickson and Gowers offer so little pressure wise and not much offensively. Simply have to go. Gowers seems to be a favourite of Bevo's...
    - Lipsinki one of our better VFL players week in/week out. Needs to get a game.
    - Hopefully Dale adds a bit of class forward, couldn't be much worse...
    - I like Lachie Young but doesn't add to the team enough. Can't have him and Wood. I'd give Fletch a final go, has been decent enough in VFL.

Post Thanks / Like

Having watched the magoos....no change.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

4. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Out : Dickson, Dunkley
    In : Boyd, West.

Dicko and Gowers too similar I just think Billy is more dynamic although it's a coin toss , but Dicko is maybe close to the end.
    Boyd in, pinch in the ruck Trengove permanent back.
    Dunkley just needs to work on his disposal. West looked composed and I think would be a good time to debut him.

I haven't looked at match ups to be fair but just on personnel I'd do this.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we need to replace a couple of forwards with at least a tall and a small.

In:

Schache - even though he probably doesn't deserve it , but could be a good in against Tigers.
    Lipinski

Out: Gowers, and Dickson
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think we need to replace a couple of forwards with at least a tall and a small.

In:

Schache - even though he probably doesn't deserve it , but could be a good in against Tigers.
    Lipinski

Out: Gowers, and Dickson
    I would have gone with Schache but on todays performance it would be rewarding for playing poorly.
    It really hard because no one put there hand up to be selected.
    Can we go unchanged with the warning that those players are in the firing line if they don't improve.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Do we bring in either Roberts or Lewis Young and try Trengove forward (again). Sure it hasn't worked in the past but at least he will make a contest. Drop either Dickson or Gowers. It is hard to make changes if no one is really putting up their hand in the magoos.

The other in should be Lipinski (based on reports). Probably drop Dunkley who, for mine, has been disappointing (I expected big things from him this year).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Do we bring in either Roberts or Lewis Young and try Trengove forward (again). Sure it hasn't worked in the past but at least he will make a contest. Drop either Dickson or Gowers. It is hard to make changes if no one is really putting up their hand in the magoos.

The other in should be Lipinski (based on reports). Probably drop Dunkley who, for mine, has been disappointing (I expected big things from him this year).
    No we bring in Schache and play a forward forward.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Problem is that Schache is not really up to it as shown by his last two senior performances (and going by today's report). Yes of course would love to see him play forward once his form warrants it. My thinking with Trengove is at least he will make a contest and be hard at it, something that Schache currently lacks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    And bring Roberts in as a back. My reports from a friend was he played quite well and one of the few who wasn't a call up

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo’s presser seemed to focus on mid/small forwards. I’d expect some changes there.

Out: Gowers, Dickson, Dunkley, Lachlan Young
    In: Lippinski, Shache, Dale, Lewis Young

Shache may be struggling but we need a better structure. Boyd needs match fitness but hopefully only a couple of weeks away.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley 24 disposals, Richards 12.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Dunkley 24 disposals, Richards 12.
    I thought it was Dunkley's best game this year, although the goal he missed was atrocious.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Problem is that Schache is not really up to it as shown by his last two senior performances (and going by today's report). Yes of course would love to see him play forward once his form warrants it. My thinking with Trengove is at least he will make a contest and be hard at it, something that Schache currently lacks.
    The extreme windy conditions today made it extremely difficult for a leading forward like Schache to succeed. Boyd also struggled today. On the other hand both Webb and Dale did well. At the moment we do not have an effective key forward. Schache isn’t strong overhead but leads and kicks well. We need players who are able to be able to dispose of the ball correctly by foot and so play to his strengths.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    The extreme windy conditions today made it extremely difficult for a leading forward like Schache to succeed. Boyd also struggled today. On the other hand both Webb and Dale did well. At the moment we do not have an effective key forward. Schache isn’t strong overhead but leads and kicks well. We need players who are able to be able to dispose of the ball correctly by foot and so play to his strengths.
    I only watched the second half (online). Neither Schache or Boyd did enough to deserve a call up, but we need one of them. Given our current position, I would rather put game time into Schache than Boyd.
    WOOF Member 422