I understand people not liking Gowers but don't see how you can drop him for Schache.

For all Gowers many faults he is aggressive, always involved and works hard as a foil for Naughton to benefit from. Gowers doesn't have to be good to have a net benefit to the team.

Schache on the other hand is meek, easily loses confidence and can dissapear from games. His spell in the VFL rather than being encouraging has been the opposite and he is by no means demanding or earning his selection back in the AFL side. I understand wanting to pump games into such a "talent" but it would be to the detriment of both Naughton and our side as a whole.

I've always believed that if you aren't a gun key forward then you need to be an aggressive one. Naughton is both, Cordy is most definitely the latter and 2016 is an excellent example of how someone with his limited skillset can have such an impact up forward in a role they aren't suited to through sheer determination and aggression despite being less experienced and smaller than a Schache thats had two more years in the system and infintely more "talent".