Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  48
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 9, Vs Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Considering Gowers plays a completely different role to those 2 players I don't see how there is any correlation. Gowers frustrates us all but he is a unique player on our list.
    Agree. He is playing a role that Bevo wants him to do. I have heard Bevo say in his pressers that certain players are sacrificing their own natural games for the good of team. If Bevo is happy that is good enough for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Agree. He is playing a role that Bevo wants him to do. I have heard Bevo say in his pressers that certain players are sacrificing their own natural games for the good of team. If Bevo is happy that is good enough for me.
    So this week Gowers needs to sacrifice his own game to ensure Stewart isn't influential.. Let's see how he goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    So this week Gowers needs to sacrifice his own game to ensure Stewart isn't influential.. Let's see how he goes.
    I am not sure. Will that be his role? I've got no idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo said in his presser about the journalist with the black soul when discussing Tom. He said that journalist will never be forgiven. We all know who he meant.

5. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Considering Gowers plays a completely different role to those 2 players I don't see how there is any correlation. Gowers frustrates us all but he is a unique player on our list.
    Unique is right. Dale could easily play Gowers role whatever it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Unique is right. Dale could easily play Gowers role whatever it is.
    Completely disagree, they share little in common. Dale doesn't have the strength, size or aerial presence Gowers does. You can argue we would be better off with Dale over Gowers but the role would not be the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Atkins out, Constable back in for the Cats.

Post Thanks / Like

Hayes is great. Smith is great. Richards is great. We have won 2 in a row in pretty good style...

I am all for going in unchanged - I LIKE it. I think it is amazing that Williams is banging down the door - let him bang a little louder. He has been given a couple of chances this year when he wasn't 'ready' and that was a mistake...the next time he comes in, he is going to be cherry ripe to impact.

If the team is winning and players competing hard/contributing, well, stick with the same 22 and see what they can do. We all know there are going to be injuries and opportunities will come for Lipinski, Williams, Dale et al. Maybe in 8 weeks time it will be Hayes banging down the door coming off 2x BOG's in the VFL on his return from a corky?

As for Smith - there is nothing wrong with him spending some time in the VFL but he was just fine last week...not every player in the midfield needs to have 30 touches for the team to be successful...they just have to compete and contribute. He had his head in the hole last week - especially in the 2nd q when we were under siege - and whilst that wasn't reflected in numbers it was ultimately reflected in the score-board.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.