Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  49
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Rnd 10, vs North Melbourne

Its 4 good changes, which structurally will leave us better placed to combat the main threats that North pose. If I had one change I disagree with its Gowers out for Dale. I think Dale is probably a little under done and could do with a couple more weeks. I also think that whilst Gowers has stunk it up big time this year and his errors have outweighed his contribution, he is strong in the air and provides a foil for Naughton. Structurally we are asking a HUGE amount of Naughton to kick our goals and be the focal point. If you were going to drop Gowers then I think you had to bring in Schache.

2. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Its 4 good changes, which structurally will leave us better placed to combat the main threats that North pose. If I had one change I disagree with its Gowers out for Dale. I think Dale is probably a little under done and could do with a couple more weeks. I also think that whilst Gowers has stunk it up big time this year and his errors have outweighed his contribution, he is strong in the air and provides a foil for Naughton. Structurally we are asking a HUGE amount of Naughton to kick our goals and be the focal point. If you were going to drop Gowers then I think you had to bring in Schache.
    Yeah good thoughts. Naughton can't be expected to be the single focal point. Let's not destroy the kid. It's a huge ask. The problem is, Gowers certainly needed to be dropped, but Scache really didn't deserve to be elevated. It's complicated...... Not sure what the answer is.

Post Thanks / Like

Lippy & Bonti & Maclean and Dale all to have stints in F50. Bonti to play mid/forward 50/50 or 40/60. Wally mainly forward. I like this match selection and think we will play better. Gowers to be elevated once he learns to kick straighter and be more disciplined (less stupid free kicks). I would love to have seen West as small forward too. If English not quite right it would not surprise me if he is late inclusion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    It must be.

Now we'll go on an unbeaten streak the likes of which has never been seen
    And win the flag at the end of the year?

One Bailey can win the Rising Sun.
    One Bailey can the Norm Smith
    One Bailey can win the Brownlow.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    In that contest, Fort grabbed Hunter and threw him aside.

Can someone tell me where in the rule book it says you can do that?
    It's in the Kardinia Park supplement (Written by the Geelong rules committee with Hocking, Dangerfiend and anyone else from Geelong who wants to put their hand up) that was released in 2019.

The trade/draft section of the Kardinia Park supplement to the rules came out in 2017 so they could get poor little Gary home after he had realised what an awful mistake he had made leaving the comfortable confines of KP in the first place.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

7. Likes bornadog, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy to see those changes.

Stoked to see English back. We’ve missed him. The other lads will give us a slightly different look and I’d say a better skill level.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    And win the flag at the end of the year?

One Bailey can win the Rising Sun.
    One Bailey can the Norm Smith
    One Bailey can win the Brownlow.
    Well for it to be an unbeaten run the likes of which has never been seen it'll have to go into next year so yes it will include a premiership.

I'd also expect one Baily to win the Coleman.

And I'd prefer Smith to win the Rising Star as the Rising Sun implies they play for GC

Post Thanks / Like

We made changes most of us were asking for the last few weeks. Good stuff.

Expecting a big win on Saturday even though we always seem to have struggling, scrappy games v Norf.

11. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    We made changes most of us were asking for the last few weeks. Good stuff.

Expecting a big win on Saturday even though we always seem to have struggling, scrappy games v Norf.
    Last 4 games the difference has been 5, 2, 1, 3 with both teams winning 2.

North are still an old team with the average games over 110, to our 82.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    I like all the ins. Feel a bit for Fletch, he had a real tough gig last week and wasn't actually that bad. Plus I do feel we play better with another big body down back. Maybe Trengove will spend most of the day in defence.
    With English back I'd imagine that's the plan. Trengove to Brown, Cordy to Larkey, swap them as a plan B option.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if there is a late change with Suckling?

Who would come in? Emergencies are: L Young, R West, B Gowers, L Young
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Dale has been banging the door down and deserves his shot.

I do worry about the second tall forward option though. We started the year playing Naughton forward with both Schache and Gowers.

Post Thanks / Like

L Young

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Lewis Young getting a run forward, he can go back too especially when Trengove rucks to relieve English.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we will see Bont play forward a bit more this week, which hopefully means Libba is pushed up into the midfield rotation.

Bevo mentioned this morning in his presser that Suckling has trained well and will play.

19. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the changes but like others I worry that Naughton has been left one out to be our only marking tall up forward. I would have liked to see Schache given another go because he at least draws a tall defender away from Naughty. Tarrant will play on Naughton you'd think and he's a quality defender that is hard to beat one on one let alone someone else giving him a chop out.
    Gowers isn't a tall but he can do a decent block from time to time for someone his size. Someone will need to play that role in his place and I can't see it being Lippa or Dale. I would actually like to see how Williams would go in this role but I can't see it happening as he'll be required down back I'd say.
    Hopefully Lippa shows the MC that he should of been in the side from round 1. I'm scared he might be Webb mark II. We saw Webb get sent back to the two's to add more strings to his bow and he hasn't yet really come on as we'd hoped. Hopefully Lippa has learned a thing or two back in the magoos.
    North always feel confident against us so I hope we don't bring our GC/Carlton mentality with us. We need to win and get back percentage lost last week.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.