Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
Your point being? We don't have a power forward similar to Hawkins, at the moment. However we do have one in the making, as you have stated, that being Naughton (may play a different style but will be our 'power' forward nonetheless). We just need to be patient for him to develop and be more consistent (to be honest i think he has been reasonably consistent. We are currently very reliant on Naughton in the forward line.

What we do need is a few more decent lieutenants that complement Naughton. We are relying on Gowers to be our 2nd tall option at the moment. Gowers in reality should be a 3rd or 4th option. Hence we need to see Schache continue to develop and be that option moving forward.

I don't believe, as you stated earlier, that Fletcher Roberts is the answer.
I agree with a lot you say, like
.......We are currently very reliant on Naughton in the forward line.

But for:
......We don't have an established power forward

my response is simply
..... we always should have, because all teams should have, and that responsibility goes beyond the players .

Also, I did not state that Roberts is the answer because I do not believe that is the case. But by being much taller than the rest of the forward line it might help get the score up a bit, and any improvement is welcome. At the moment inside 50s become outside 50s if the ball goes in above 195 cm.

Or, I would also be happy to have Cordy spend time there while we wait for our development options to arrive.