Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  25
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 11, Vs West Coast Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Lachie Young must be the luckiest player in the AFL. I still think Bevo goes too young.
    He really does have faith in his players
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He really does have faith in his players
    It seems like that in their first year but it seems to wane quickly after that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    It seems like that in their first year but it seems to wane quickly after that.
    Very strange. What ever happened to Brad Lynch who was excellent last year but hasn’t been sighted this year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    Fully agree with you GG. I still look at the Richmond game and it was clear he was blocking fir Arron. It’s just over shadowed by a few silly things and brain fades.

But that’s what we all loved about Brian Lake as well.
    I don't think Billy is as bad as some think, and he did deserve to be dropped. But isn't that the point though? He undoes his good work through being stupid and not working hard enough when he doesn't have the ball. If you couple that with his bad kicking for goal he's always going to be close to deficit with his value if he is being a dill.

And while Lake would have his odd brain fade, he was elite and not to be compared with the likes of Gowers. We loved Lake because we was consistently elite, and could afford to laugh at his stupidity.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Very strange. What ever happened to Brad Lynch who was excellent last year but hasn’t been sighted this year
    Struggling in the VFL
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Thank god Billy is back, only forward with some aggression. The hate on here is beyond belief.
    It's an interesting state of affairs when we're playing a player because of their aggression it reminds me of Dylan Addison = earnest trier. Gowers is a good VFL player and has done not much for ages now. Unfortunately the cupboard is bare.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the look of our side for this weeks match.
    While I think Gowers should have had another week at Footscray if he can kick a couple of goals and lift ihis workrate it probably a decent move for us.

West Coast has a great back line and their forward line has an interesting balance to tall's and smalls.

It's going to be a massive test for us
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I like the look of our side for this weeks match.
    While I think Gowers should have had another week at Footscray if he can kick a couple of goals and lift ihis workrate it probably a decent move for us.

West Coast has a great back line and their forward line has an interesting balance to tall's and smalls.

It's going to be a massive test for us
    Their forward line looks dangerous in the air and on the ground and our defence in the last few weeks has been awful. With Crozier out there isn't really anyone to intercept mark which means they will continue to get a lot of ground ball opportunities for Rioli/Ryan and co even if Cordy and Trengove keep the bigs quiet.

It's a massive week for the midfield, we need Libba, Macrae, Bont, Dunkley at their absolutely best to be competitive. The positive is our structure looks a lot better with Gardner and Gowers in the forward line which should mean Bont plays mid which is undoubtedly his best position.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Kruder's concerns surrounding an absent Crozier, so this week we need Wood to play the intercepting role he used to be capable of.

But who covers Wood? Does Williams prove GvGjnr right and show he is capable of playing taller, or do we try and roll the dice and go mobile with Williams and Suckling with Trengove and the new kid playing the tall roles with the former helping out in the ruck (this all assumes Cordy plays a forward defencive role on McGovern).

Not sure, but it's going to be interesting to see how we line up.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to a good captains game today. He will be at his intercepting best today. With Crozier out it is now clear to him who should be doing the job. I really hope he steps it up and leads a sterling victory that sparks a run of six straight leading into St Kilda round 18.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    It's an interesting state of affairs when we're playing a player because of their aggression it reminds me of Dylan Addison = earnest trier. Gowers is a good VFL player and has done not much for ages now. Unfortunately the cupboard is bare.
    I didn't rate or like DFA but he would at least use his aggression positively and didn't walk around like a human bobblehead. Gowers has an aversion to the difficult aspects of footy that is totally at odds with both his talent level and his perceived style of play, two things you could never accuse Addison of.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

12. Likes Rocket Science, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I didn't rate or like DFA but he would at least use his aggression positively and didn't walk around like a human bobblehead. Gowers has an aversion to the difficult aspects of footy that is totally at odds with both his talent level and his perceived style of play, two things you could never accuse Addison of.
    DFA - used to enjoy watching him play the few times I went to a game. Had a very entertaining tackle on him. You could hear the impact several rows back. Reminded me of a country footy player. Well balanced and tough but not highly skilled.
    Has Gowers been a forward all of his junior career? Does he have any other tricks?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus