Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  25
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread Round 11, Vs West Coast Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    It was his first AFL game in 12 months and whilst his performance wasn't a good one he needs to be given another 3-4 weeks to show his worth.. if we're having the same discussions then, he will have to be replaced and also looking for a club in 2020.
    We have to find out if some of these guys still need to be on the list going forward so yes, they need to be given 3 weeks to either highlight their talents or confirm their deficiencies. Dale has to show if he has what it takes
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

In: Lewis Young

Out: Ed Richards

3. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post

Ed played one of his worse games. Recently he has developed the fumbles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Ed played one of his worse games. Recently he has developed the fumbles.
    He also torched Hunter who was by himself 10 metres out from goal to take the banana from hard in the pocket.... I know he kicked a couple of those recently, but on those occasions he did not have an open team mate in a much better position.
    I love Ed, but he needs to sharpen up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    OUT: Richards, Trengove
    IN: LaYoung, LeYoung

Would love for Schache to knock on the door with a big game but not holding my breath.
    Fullback seems to be a ticket out of the team.
    Nobody will agree to play fullback if you drop Trengove.

Can’t blame Roberts and Trengove for the fact that the opposition has kicked 40 goals against us in the last 200 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

It was his first AFL game in 12 months and whilst his performance wasn't a good one he needs to be given another 3-4 weeks to show his worth.. if we're having the same discussions then, he will have to be replaced and also looking for a club in 2020.
    I have seen him play his career to date, and he won't make it. You can add Webb in there as well.

We need another clean up at year end.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I have seen him play his career to date, and he won't make it. You can add Webb in there as well.

We need another clean up at year end.
    Which means I've been watching him with my eye's closed?

He has AFL player traits, and one's in which are in short supply in our team, but his hardness needs to improve, and improve quickly.

I'm not ready to make a call on him yet, but he probably has 13 more games to show his worth... the ball is in his court.

Post Thanks / Like

I won't bother predicting changes. I'm sure we will look at this week's oppositions strengths and weaknesses....and then completely ignore that and go ahead and pick an unsuitable team.

I hear what people are saying about giving Bailey Dale a bit of a run at it, 3-4 games worth. In many respects I agree...but we know he isn't getting a kick this week in Perth. I'll die of shock if he plays a good game there.

I'm sure we will have Wood or Crozier (if fit) trying to defend Darling or Oscar Allen and just ignore that they are 10-12 cms shorter and give those guys a handful of goals each.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I won't bother predicting changes. I'm sure we will look at this week's oppositions strengths and weaknesses....and then completely ignore that and go ahead and pick an unsuitable team.

I hear what people are saying about giving Bailey Dale a bit of a run at it, 3-4 games worth. In many respects I agree...but we know he isn't getting a kick this week in Perth. I'll die of shock if he plays a good game there.

I'm sure we will have Wood or Crozier (if fit) trying to defend Darling or Oscar Allen and just ignore that they are 10-12 cms shorter and give those guys a handful of goals each.
    The sarcasm is strong with this one... welcome to the dark side!

Post Thanks / Like

The sarcasm is strong with this one... welcome to the dark side!
    F$%* me Mantis....today was a bad one. And so easily avoided....but so predictable. To watch it unfold in front of us. We might be tanking!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    F$%* me Mantis....today was a bad one. And so easily avoided....but so predictable. To watch it unfold in front of us. We might be tanking!!!
    We are the most versatile team running around!

Picking a well structured team and putting players in positions where they will be of most value is so over-rated.

Post Thanks / Like

The last 30 games have shown what works and what doesn’t. The recent team selections appear to be more a vanity exercise than a genuine attempt to win. It is time to get serious about salvaging some pride in what is left of the season.

Can we please have 2 genuine tall forwards who play away for each other. Can we please have 2 genuine tall backmen who can coordinate their efforts. Can we have 2 genuine ruckmen so if one is getting smashed we do not have to accept that their opponent automatically becomes best on ground.

Can we please tell the rest of the team to kick the ball. Long and low and quickly seems to get the best results.

Against North, the main topic of conversation where I was sitting was how short the Dogs were kicking. Not much further than the (excessive) handballs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post

6 disposals, no marks apparently. Can't promote him on that VFL form.

I'd say Schache comes in for Richards and we roll the dice with English in the ruck again. Otherwise English plays forward but who rucks?

We definitely need to tall forwards against West Coast, McGivern will kill us with his intercept marking if we play only one tall forward.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Who plays on Kennedy? He's too quick on the lead for Trengrove and I don't think you can bring Roberts straight back in having dropped him.

He could have a big one this week...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    6 disposals, no marks apparently. Can't promote him on that VFL form.

I'd say Schache comes in for Richards and we roll the dice with English in the ruck again. Otherwise English plays forward but who rucks?

We definitely need to tall forwards against West Coast, McGivern will kill us with his intercept marking if we play only one tall forward.

Playing all over the ground, Lewis Young enjoyed a solid performance, booting one goal and getting the upper hand on 30 hit outs, - from the Dogs website.