Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 Things I've learned Round 3 vs Suns 2019

1. The sooner Marvel Stadium is demolished, the better.
    2. I learnt why Sam Lloyd was only a bit player at Punt Rd.
    3. Our guys must have read a lot of newspaper articles after Round 2.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

2. Likes Templeton31, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. The Suns are much, much better than the footy world thought.

2. Easton Wood is a shadow of what he delivered in 2015 when he was AA. It's not a gradual decline. He has fallen off the side of a cliff. What has happened?

3. Bailey Smith showed why he was such a highly rated draft pick. He is going to be a bona fide jet.

Post Thanks / Like

1/ Aaron Naughton will rank with Brian Lake as the best mark in Bulldogs colours in my time.. He's freakish.

2/ Our ball use is embarrassingly bad.

3/ The change in roles for the likes of McLean & Dunkley (primarliy forwards) has done nothing to improve our team or their role in the team.. Understand why Libba gets big midfield minutes, yet to see the value in Wallis doing so.

Post Thanks / Like

1. the Suns are better than most people think. They were better than us yesterday and they benefited from some mature big body key position players who were recruited from lower leagues. We could do with one for the forward line to fill a similar role to Glen Coleman when Chris Grant was learning - would help Schache tremendously.

2. We still would've won if the Bont, Billy Gowers and Dunkley (to name 3) had got highly gettable goals. Billy has more presence in forward line this year which is great but doesn't matter a pinch of poo if he doesn't kick goals.

3. Naughton has presence. And he's a leader. Look out.

Special mention to Picko. Loved seeing his 2016 highlights throughout the week and seeing him go round the ground. I know its been said elsewhere on the forum but Thanks Picko.

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1/ Jack Martin is a star. Can we get him?
    2/ Forward entry kicks are still our downfall after two and a half seasons of rubbish delivery we haven't got the cattle/skills to deliver the ball at an acceptable AFL standard
    3/ The team is good defensively but we need more attacking attitude from mids and forwards who can actually kick it through the big sticks. Our midfield must have the lowest goal scoring tally in the AFL. All one paced and don't get themselves into dangerous positions up forward.
    If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.

Post Thanks / Like

3. Wood should not be in the team even if he is the Captain.
    2. Wallis is not a midfielder. Lack of pace was highlighted by Suns.
    1. Can't play Gowers/Dickson/Lloyd and Wallis in the forward line together. Pick 2.

Post Thanks / Like

1. We need to order coffee before the game. We were asleep in the first quarter
    2. We win will centre clearances and the inside 50 count almost every week but haven't worked out how to punish teams yet
    3. We desperately need a pressure forward. Roarke's VFL form is encouraging in that regard. Harbrow must have BO considering nobody went bear him all game.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Bonus one: Our supporters should have the courtesy to learn the names of the players on their *!*!*!*!ing team. The lady behind me who was saying 'Who's 22' all game did my *!*!*!*!ing head in.
    At least 22 is new player. Someone near me yesterday said "go number 10" at one stage - he's our Premiership Captain for goodness sake.

11. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    At least 22 is new player. Someone near me yesterday said "go number 10" at one stage - he's our Premiership Captain for goodness sake.
    First time I've laughed in 24 hours. Thank you!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

1. Saw some worrying signs from Young, particularly in the first quarter avoiding body contact in the contest. The 'tackle' in the goal square was nowhere near required standard either, have to lunge and grab the body not just the jumper. I would persevere, but he has to get stronger.

2. English needs to work on his centre square technique, he mistimes his jumps badly and his arms get nowhere near the ball. Had an impact vs Hawthorn so was happy for him to be persevered with, but I thought he was quite bad yesterday and will likely be shown up on Friday if he plays (I wouldn't)

3. The roof open might make it hard for TV audiences, but it's absolutely fine at the ground IMV. The surface on the other hand is pretty sandy/patchy - took the boy out for a kick after the game and yikes is it rock hard.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    1. Saw some worrying signs from Young, particularly in the first quarter avoiding body contact in the contest. The 'tackle' in the goal square was nowhere near required standard either, have to lunge and grab the body not just the jumper. I would persevere, but he has to get stronger.
    I saw some worrying signs from Wood who is a senior player with a mature body, fell over in contests, missed tackles, got caught ball watching and generally played a shit game.

Not singling you out, but we have a love affair with hanging it on the junior members of the team when the senior counterparts are playing poorly as well.

15. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I saw some worrying signs from Wood who is a senior player with a mature body, fell over in contests, missed tackles, got caught ball watching and generally played a shit game.

Not singling you out, but we have a love affair with hanging it on the junior members of the team when the senior counterparts are playing poorly as well.
    Agreed.

I thought Young was solid - he was under a mountain of pressure regularly with little to no help from the likes of Wood. Young has areas he needs to improve but he’s improved from last year. He needs games and he needs support - he got bugger all of the latter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    LOL. My son called him "ABC Kids" If you don't know what that means ABC Kids is on Channel 22. We had a good laugh about that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Agreed.

I thought Young was solid - he was under a mountain of pressure regularly with little to no help from the likes of Wood. Young has areas he needs to improve but he’s improved from last year. He needs games and he needs support - he got bugger all of the latter.
    I agree, I thought Young played a better game than last week, and no doubt his confidence will grow. He needs support, and guys like Suckling, Duryea and Wood should be running past him when he has the ball so that he can dish it off. I am sure JJ will.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

I think part of it in this case is that Young's errors were more visible because he was at least involved in the game. You can be forgiven for forgetting Wood's out there most of the time so he makes less errors even if his involvement to stuff-up ratio is about the same.