Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 Things I've learned Round 3 vs Suns 2019

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I think part of it in this case is that Young's errors were more visible because he was at least involved in the game. You can be forgiven for forgetting Wood's out there most of the time so he makes less errors even if his involvement to stuff-up ratio is about the same.
    Against the Hawks, I thought Wood was very good, but yesterday he seemed all at sea. I still don't like him having to be that third tall, it must be taxing to have to jump in the air so many times against strong bodied big guys.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Against the Hawks, I thought Wood was very good, but yesterday he seemed all at sea. I still don't like him having to be that third tall, it must be taxing to have to jump in the air so many times against strong bodied big guys.
    What other role is there for him? He doesn't get the footy enough to be a rebounding defender, and his kicking is iffy. He hasn't zoned off and been an interceptor since 2016. I don't think there's anything else for him except to be a Dale Morris style lockdown player that goes to the opposition's best forward and hopefully keeps them quiet without getting much of the footy himself.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Whilst disappointed i can't say it was unexpected (not necessarily Gold Coast but losing games we should win). This will happen during this development phase just didn't think it would be losing to the Gold Coast (although kudos to them they are playing much better than i expected);
    2. Libba is a machine. He needs to be the next player we sign up long term;
    3. Lewis Young is raw but I see lots of upside. Has a good pair of hands and disposal is ok. Hope he stays in the team gain more experience at this level.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Bailey smith doesn’t turn his back on a scrap. Would love him to turn into an elite mid with a genuine bit of mongrel in him
    2. We looked slow. Thier small blitzed is through the middle and out of defence
    3. You can never - EVER - get ahead of yourself as a dogs fan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I saw some worrying signs from Wood who is a senior player with a mature body, fell over in contests, missed tackles, got caught ball watching and generally played a shit game.

Not singling you out, but we have a love affair with hanging it on the junior members of the team when the senior counterparts are playing poorly as well.
    Ja, not keeping your feet as a senior player isn’t good enough - Wood certainly isn’t getting a free pass on this site.

Still can’t un-see a fairly timid jump into a pack with arms outstretched that screamed don’t touch me from Young.

I was rapt he was a late in against Hawthorn and I think he’s done enough overall to keep his spot, development aside. If he can become a regular contributor with his athletic traits we have part of our spine buttoned down. Hope he isn’t the type to drop his head and can attack every contest with the urgency required.

The ruck is a bigger issue for me
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

1. You can't go into three games in a row without making changes.
    2. Bont's is the true leader of the club, he may have missed a lot of shots but when he was in the centre he was a bullock.
    3. We are young and will have good and bad weeks, but when we are good we are good - When we are bad we really really stink.