Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Round 3, 2019 vs Gold Coast

Even when we started to catch up in the last the boys didn't seem too excited nor did they seem to have the belief or the desire to win. Even though we got close it never felt like it would happen. So I guess that first goal (Wallis was it?) was the moment for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Lewis Young watching Alex Sexton go past him in a race for the ball without laying body on him
    You need to watch that video again, not sure what Lewis could have done. See here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

In the 3rd quarter, Dickson marks within range and Hunter is free streaming into goal.
    Dickson can either handball straight away to Hunter, stop and pop the ball over the top, or take the shot.

He does neither, but steps over the mark and tries to get the ball to foot only to be tackled by Sam Collins. It just seemed to suck the life out of is, fluffing a certain goal. As a senior player it was incredibly poor.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Im going with the Dunkley miss in the first too. We just let the game get away from us and those misses 20m out pretty much straight in front are critical.

Disclaiming in that I only got to watch about 40 minutes of the match total. 15 min 1st quarter, 10 minutes of the 3rd and 15 in the last

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone recall in Q3 Wallis marked the ball at 50. Dickson sprinted hard and was alone in the fwd pocket. Wallis appeared to see him but instead opted for a floating kick to the top of the square which was easily swept away ( our lack of crumbing all day was.. crummy)

If you ignore a player on his own, even if that player wouldn’t have been a certainty to kick it., you’d better hope you’re foregoing that option because the alternative is done very very well. A slow high ‘kick and hope’ strategy to 30 players in the goal square wasn’t ever that kind of alternative. To me that moment typified our day, dumb decisions and poor execution.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley's miss for mine. Set the tone for the whole game. If you can't kick those you shouldn't be anywhere near the forward line. It was heart breaking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You need to watch that video again, not sure what Lewis could have done. See here
    Yeah, looked different from were I was sitting at the time, watching that if he ran straight he probably could have stopped it. Anyway it's not the first time we've been burned on the rebound and not the last. We bleed goals this way and have done for some time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think he was just outpaced. Doesn't have the legspeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I think he was just outpaced. Doesn't have the legspeed.
    Yes and actually surprised me with his pace for a guy 197cm
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    What would you have liked to see him do?

In my mind any body contact would've have given away a free... which early on (when they were at CHF) wouldn't have been a bad result, but doubt he has the footy smarts to do this.
    He was anticipating the ball would bounce further to the right than it did, so he ran away from his opponent then back towards him instead of in a straight line or making contact. He has a bad habit of losing his opponent. I agree with your comments on him regarding the imbalance of the side, that was a good post

https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showth...977#post632977
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff