Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment: Round 3, 2019 vs Gold Coast

So, once again, looking for the defining moment or the most courageous moment of the game.
    A case could be made, given it summed up our lack of doing the basics well, for Dunkley's miss from just beyond the top of the square right in front on a set shot.
    But I think the run down of Dickson when we had dominated most of general play...and then subsequently the ball goes downfield and GC end up getting a goal that just let out the pressure we had been building on them.

2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Round 3, 2019 vs Gold Coast

The moment for me was the 2nd qtr when we had like 22-6 inside 50’s yet only chipped 7 points off the qtr time deficit .
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Defining moment was the first bounce. We never looked likely.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Bont's miss in the last. A player of his ability needs to take those chances to steady his team. That moment called for a leader to step up and he came up short.

Post Thanks / Like

MacPherson goal with 4 seconds.

Richards not getting the ball quick enough. Two seconds quicker and he goals at the end of the quarter.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

On the flip side, any one of Caleb Daniel's efforts in the dying minutes are worthy of mention. Almost dragged us kicking and screaming to victory.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunkley's miss really set the tone for the day. Gowers pulling the same crap running into an easy shot and Dickson being caught really followed suit.

Special mention to the Bont's five missed attempts at goal. Yep five...…..but the thread asks for one moment so I'll go with Dunkley.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

9. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Dunkley's miss really set the tone for the day. Gowers pulling the same crap running into an easy shot and Dickson being caught really followed suit.

Special mention to the Bont's five missed attempts at goal. Yep five...…..but the thread asks for one moment so I'll go with Dunkley.
    Came in to post the same moment. Dunkley needed to kick that.. by the end of the day there were a number of players who had done the same, but Dunk needs to be better.

Post Thanks / Like

The moment was when with a couple of minutes to go and the ball entering our forward line, Lloyd first didn't go hard enough at the marking contest THEN couldnt keep his feet and as a result lost control of the footy.

The Suns marched down the field and Bowes kicked their last goal of the game.

It was a terrible effort and he is an experienced enough player to have recognised how CRITICAL a moment it was. So annoyed.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

12. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is so much more fun when the moment gets me out of my seat....but I have to say Bonts miss in the last really was it for me
    Set shots soooo frustrating

14. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Billy Gowers miss in the end to level the scores and then it was just a hope in getting the last minute winner but it wasn't to be.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Lewis Young watching Alex Sexton go past him in a race for the ball without laying body on him
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    The moment was when with a couple of minutes to go and the ball entering our forward line, Lloyd first didn't go hard enough at the marking contest THEN couldnt keep his feet and as a result lost control of the footy.

The Suns marched down the field and Bowes kicked their last goal of the game.

It was a terrible effort and he is an experienced enough player to have recognised how CRITICAL a moment it was. So annoyed.
    Excellent get. I remember thinking that was really bad for an experienced player.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Lewis Young watching Alex Sexton go past him in a race for the ball without laying body on him
    Oh that one. It was a rare time I got out of my seat, unfortunately for the wrong reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    What would you have liked to see him do?

In my mind any body contact would've have given away a free... which early on (when they were at CHF) wouldn't have been a bad result, but doubt he has the footy smarts to do this.