Fri, Apr 19 North Melbourne vs Essendon Marvel Stadium Seven & Fox 4:20pm
    Fri, Apr 19 West Coast Eagles vs Port Adelaide Optus Stadium Fox 8:10pm

Sat, Apr 20 GWS Giants vs Fremantle UNSW Canberra Oval Fox 1:45pm
    Sat, Apr 20 Melbourne vs St Kilda MCG Fox 4:35pm
    Sat, Apr 20 Richmond vs Sydney Swans Marvel Stadium Seven & Fox 7:25pm

Sun, Apr 21 Western Bulldogs vs Carlton Marvel Stadium Fox 1:10pm
    Sun, Apr 21 Adelaide Crows vs Gold Coast Suns Adelaide Oval Fox 4:40pm

Mon, Apr 22 Hawthorn vs Geelong Cats MCG Seven & Fox 3:20pm
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 5, 2019

Bump
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong just a little big complacent down there. They were drinking their own bathwater a little early!
    Giants are going to roll a few sides this season.
    Very upsetting to watch the vision of Callan Ward on the bench. He's a good player and rotten luck.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

The AFL hype machine went into overdrive for Brisbane after a good win in R1 against an underdone West Coast and 2 patchy wins againat North and Port, both of whom will struggle to make finals. Collingwood toyed with them last night and made them look like the middle of the road side (at best) they are in 2019.

Unfortunately the Filth will be right up there when the whips are cracking in September. They have more gears than most teams and a deep pool of midfielders/mid sized forwards who can all wreak havoc on any given day. Brisbane foolishly tried to go kamikaze with them early and got absolutely torched the other way.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    The AFL hype machine went into overdrive for Brisbane after a good win in R1 against an underdone West Coast and 2 patchy wins againat North and Port, both of whom will struggle to make finals. Collingwood toyed with them last night and made them look like the middle of the road side (at best) they are in 2019.

Unfortunately the Filth will be right up there when the whips are cracking in September. They have more gears than most teams and a deep pool of midfielders/mid sized forwards who can all wreak havoc on any given day. Brisbane foolishly tried to go kamikaze with them early and got absolutely torched the other way.
    I think Brisbane were pretty hard done by last night. Collingwood were clearly the better side, but the way frees were adjudicated differently for the two teams was pretty staggering and really stifled their ability to get a foot hold in the game.

If nothing else, Brisbane should really put together a package of Stefan Martin being held in contests and ask for a “please explain”. It would be a loooong video.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I think Brisbane were pretty hard done by last night. Collingwood were clearly the better side, but the way frees were adjudicated differently for the two teams was pretty staggering and really stifled their ability to get a foot hold in the game.

If nothing else, Brisbane should really put together a package of Stefan Martin being held in contests and ask for a “please explain”. It would be a loooong video.
    Gosh, you're not saying that Grundy gets the better of virtually every umpiring decision that gets made when he's under the ball around are you? "Free kick, Collingwood, no 4."
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post

They got the rough end of the pineapple but the Pies smashed them by 10 goals easing up. The hype is over the top compared to the output at this stage of their development. They are still carrying a number of players not at the level for a top 8 aspirant- the likes of McStay and Nick Robertson are very limited footballers.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Gosh, you're not saying that Grundy gets the better of virtually every umpiring decision that gets made when he's under the ball around are you? "Free kick, Collingwood, no 4."
    Yes, yes I am. It’s more than that though- virtually every contest down the line he had someone blocking or holding him and this became another factor in Brisbane not being able to effectively move the ball out of the back half.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. North are absolutely rubbish field kicks. Could not hit the side of a barn.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Wow. North are absolutely rubbish field kicks. Could not hit the side of a barn.
    Wow. You are watching it?
    I refused when they kicked us out.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

11. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's only Norf but it won't matter, the Bombre hype machine will be back in top gear this week and I already can't stand it.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Wow. You are watching it?
    I refused when they kicked us out.
    Me too. Although I just checked the score. 3 goals to halftime, yep, North deserve to keep the fixture. They may as well give it to Richmond or Carlton vs Essendon.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Stupid Essendon have made it a sell out. Good luck to anyone else trying to pry Good Friday out of their greedy, drug-gnarled hands now.

Also if Essendon get fined for playing Daniher, the commission should donate it to the hospital.

16. Thanks The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Me too. Although I just checked the score. 3 goals to halftime, yep, North deserve to keep the fixture. They may as well give it to Richmond or Carlton vs Essendon.
    No doubt it was the plan all along.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    No doubt it was the plan all along.
    Yep. Only a big club could bring the members/fans that we did in the first year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023