Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  36
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 5, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I know you're mocking the ones calling for Bevo's head because the Hawks are also 2-3 but they just lost to the ladder leaders and we got beaten by a side that hasn't scored 100 points in 3 years.
    A bit of fun
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    A bit of fun
    How dare you
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So 10 minutes to go in the last, steam rising from my head, my son was nagging me to assist hom with some holiday work his teacher had set him.
    I said, 'yep, why not, can't stomach watching this' - and I think I even signed off here, with some glib post indicating as much.
    I start heading down the hall with my son and he says ' Yeah, why would we wanna watch the Doggies lose'... I stopped and said 'Son, you've just made me realise that the best learning we could do right now is go back to the couch and support our team - especially when we are losing.
    How i managed to watch that last stretch without grinding my teeth down to stumps i do not know, but I was determined to show my boy that we never turn our back on the things we love, no matter how much it hurts.
    His year 1 class mantra is resilience, persistence and perseverance. He supports the Dogs, he can tick those traits off.

Post Thanks / Like

Always a good contest
    Hawthorn have a few out though , and Gary Rohan kicked 4 goals
    You know it isn’t September

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    So 10 minutes to go in the last, steam rising from my head, my son was nagging me to assist hom with some holiday work his teacher had set him.
    I said, 'yep, why not, can't stomach watching this' - and I think I even signed off here, with some glib post indicating as much.
    I start heading down the hall with my son and he says ' Yeah, why would we wanna watch the Doggies lose'... I stopped and said 'Son, you've just made me realise that the best learning we could do right now is go back to the couch and support our team - especially when we are losing.
    How i managed to watch that last stretch without grinding my teeth down to stumps i do not know, but I was determined to show my boy that we never turn our back on the things we love, no matter how much it hurts.
    His year 1 class mantra is resilience, persistence and perseverance. He supports the Dogs, he can tick those traits off.
    Brilliant, love it.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Always a good contest
    Hawthorn have a few out though , and Gary Rohan kicked 4 goals
    You know it isn’t September
    Hawthorn don't have the cattle, they won't be anywhere near the 8 this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Hawks have been stiff losing key personnel in game and being short on the bench in all 3 losses this season. That's on top of their already long injury list. They'll push the top 8, and unfortunately the Cats will push top 4 because they will win 7+ games at their $100m taxpayer funded tin-shed shithole.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

9. Likes comrade liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel exactly the same way about that narrow wasteland they call a home ground. It's an absolute rort that they get so many games there.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I feel exactly the same way about that narrow wasteland they call a home ground. It's an absolute rort that they get so many games there.
    The benefits of being located in a marginal electorate. The dirty Cats have pork-barrelled their way to a home ground advantage not afforded anyone else in the comp.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Watched that yesterday both games
    ( the flu gave me no choice )
    GWS were were flat as a tack , and Freo nearly knocked over the Eagles . Fyffe was sensational, and if Taberner gets his kicking together he could be anything .Pearce did a number on Cameron even though he kicked a few .
    Melbourne were deplorable ! Looked like they were playing for the offside trap ! Constantly getting outnumbered in their defensive 50
    Down hill skiing going on .Pressed high and they’re just leaking goals. Stkilda are playing with confidence and they’ve kept their decent pre-season form . May and Lever are big outs , but their mids aren’t working hard enough without the ball
    more importantly, Did he get his homework done?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hawthorn don't have the cattle, they won't be anywhere near the 8 this year.
    Yes. I have a bet with a Hawk supporting mate we will finish above them by end of season. Line ball at this stage. A bottle of Johhny Walker Blue is at stake.

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    more importantly, Did he get his homework done?

Didn't you read the bit about them going back to watch the game?

Homework. Done.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite