Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 7, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Picken and Boyd are big losses.
    The fact one is retired he was still expected to play and a loss, the other injury and mental health but when healthy he is a very good player we miss.
    Respectfully I think their missing players are far more important and just better players than any we were missing.

I'm a fan of Boyd and I remain hopeful, but he's had one blazing moment in an ok career to this point, and Picken is adored for all the right reasons and was a damn good player, but not in the same league as Cotchin, Rance or Riewoldt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Respectfully I think their missing players are far more important and just better players than any we were missing.

I'm a fan of Boyd and I remain hopeful, but he's had one blazing moment in an ok career to this point, and Picken is adored for all the right reasons and was a damn good player, but not in the same league as Cotchin, Rance or Riewoldt.
    I’m just making the point we had senior players missing that are definitely first players including Morris.
    In the end both sides have the same amount of players run on the ground.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I’m just making the point we had senior players missing that are definitely first players including Morris.
    In the end both sides have the same amount of players run on the ground.
    Sure, and I'm making the point, again, that the players they had missing were better than those we had missing and arguments to the contrary are crazy or biased or both.

It's fine to say that both sides had first picked players out - no problem with that, but believing the quality of absentees is the same is categorically untrue.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

It's fine to say that both sides had first picked players out - no problem with that
    Agree, that is what I claimed. Also add Duryea missing.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure, and I'm making the point, again, that the players they had missing were better than those we had missing and arguments to the contrary are crazy or biased or both.

It's fine to say that both sides had first picked players out - no problem with that, but believing the quality of absentees is the same is categorically untrue.
    I love being biased.

Post Thanks / Like

Get out of here with your logic EW. We don't need it. We're WOOF after a win! Everything is great, we're the best and we always will be. 6 in a row coming up.

Unless we lose to Brisbane in which case it's the spoon for us. Life will be a torrent of endless despair and misery from which the only escape is death.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Agree, that is what I claimed. Also add Duryea missing.
    Oh and don't forget they've traded Conca.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Get out of here with your logic EW. We don't need it. We're WOOF after a win! Everything is great, we're the best and we always will be. 6 in a row coming up.

Unless we lose to Brisbane in which case it's the spoon for us. Life will be a torrent of endless despair and misery from which the only escape is death.
    Lol.

A few people posted that "nothing is ever as good or bad as it seems" and I think that's true and wish it was invoked when people post sometimes.

Also the false equivalence about "first picked players missing". Any that we were missing made us a marginally better team, while Richmond were missing 4 players that made them an infinitely better team.

But we were missing players too.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it means was the difference 47 points though ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it means was the difference 47 points though ?
    Really good question,and I don't know the answer.

You can only play the side that's out there and we defeated them soundly.

The best I can honestly commit to is that I think even with their best we would still have been very competitive and I'd like to think good enough to win.

11. Likes hujsh liked this post