Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  29
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 8, 2019

Melbourne were extremely fortunate . David king must have moved on from betting on Rising star awards !
    He had the house on Melbourne. Port’s forward half just didn’t function, as they are missing key players .
    Thought the intensity at the start of the game was the hottest I’ve seen all year .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I only saw the last 5 minutes, and GC just threw it away. With I think 39 seconds on the clock GC goal to go 6 points up. Melbourne then get a goal and 18 seconds left. Melbourne then force the ball forward for a point.
    One of the more extraordinary finishes to a game of football you will ever see. Crazy last minute. Two goals and a point. It does really highlight the power of the new 6-6-6 rule where the centre clearance is worth gold in those desperate last seconds. (If it was last year Gold Coast would have payed an additional four defenders, making it so much harder for Melbourne.)

Post Thanks / Like

Ablett will be the headline of the week again after an almost identical hit to the one he got reported for last week. If anything, this one was later and he threw his forearm higher to get him in the face.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-...r-high-contact

Gary Rohan was concussed today for the cats too. It looked like a bad one, with two trainers having to help him from the field. You would think he would be less than 50-50 to make the game against us in 6 days.

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's worse than last week but the AFL is very good at finding ways to make sure star players don't miss one game bans
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Ablett will play because, lets face it the Geelong football mafia will insist upon it, and the irony of Gary Rohan being concussed will be totally be lost on them.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

7. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Rohan one is interesting, it looked as if there was a slight clash of heads but it was clear to me the cause of the concussion would have been more likely from the head jolting and the brain rattling around inside the skull more than the actual head clash itself.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Hawks, GWS only 14,000 in attendance today? Where are all these so called members?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Hawks, GWS only 14,000 in attendance today? Where are all these so called members?
    ...Mothers day?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    ...Mothers day?
    That is what the Hawks will claim. Lunch at 12pm, then off to the G - no??
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The Rohan one is interesting, it looked as if there was a slight clash of heads but it was clear to me the cause of the concussion would have been more likely from the head jolting and the brain rattling around inside the skull more than the actual head clash itself.

That's exactly the clinical definition of concussion. It's caused by the brain bouncing around inside your skull and the actual concussion is caused by the brain bashing against the inside of the skull.

We had better concussion protocols back in the '70s when you missed the next week no matter what

Post Thanks / Like

That is what the Hawks will claim. Lunch at 12pm, then off to the G - no??
    I suspect a fair few mums would be a bit unimpressed by that. Sure some would probably be happy to spend Mothers day at the footy but 'yeah hi mum I'm here for some food but I'm gonna be gone by 2 so I can make the footy so cheers and all' isn't exactly too flash.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the most difficult press conferences Stuart Dew has ever had to do. In words, magnanimous in defeat but clearly a press conference was the last place he wanted to be. But rather than be a sulk about it ( like Lyon no doubt would have been ) he carried on. One could not help but be sorry for the guy.
    Prepare yourselves to see ingenious ways of not losing a game in the last 18 seconds, to beat the 6,6,6 rule.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

As a Bulldogs supporter I have enormous sympathy for poor old Hawthorn and the poor treatment they receive from a fixturing perspective and the almost $1M it is apparently likely to cost them this year. They do it really tough those lads in the brown and gold, what with the league openly at war with them...……(this is actually what Kennett believes).

Nobody whinges quite like the well off and entitled.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

16. Likes bornadog, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mother's Day didn't stop Freo from drawing 42k.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

18. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    As a Bulldogs supporter I have enormous sympathy for poor old Hawthorn and the poor treatment they receive from a fixturing perspective and the almost $1M it is apparently likely to cost them this year. They do it really tough those lads in the brown and gold, what with the league openly at war with them...……(this is actually what Kennett believes).

Nobody whinges quite like the well off and entitled.
    Hawthorn are the biggest Squeaky wheel in the AFL i reckon. Geelong are starting to give them a run for their money* though.

*our money.

20. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post