Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Schache 1 kick, 3 handballs
    Gowers 1 kick, 4 handballs

Both should hand back their match payments - not good enough

Can you add Duryea to that list?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 4, 2019 - Collingwood V Western Bulldogs at the MCG

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    The Cox mark was a Cox Mark. Crosier had barely enough. Maybe play on.
    The touch over the line begs the question why was Naughton going for the mark? Surely it should have been all about the shepherd in a 2 on 1?
    Agree he should've just let it go through but it's irrelevant to the clear footage showing it was over the line. BT is a nauseating commentator these days too. Constantly having a crack about our crowd numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Agree he should've just let it go through but it's irrelevant to the clear footage showing it was over the line. BT is a nauseating commentator these days too. Constantly having a crack about our crowd numbers.
    I'd be interested to learn of a time when he didn't make you want to vomit.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'd be interested to learn of a time when he didn't make you want to vomit.
    Ha fair point.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he needs Trengove as support as his opponent isn't being worn down at all when Schache gets a run in the ruck. If English is still to physically limited, how does replacing him in game with someone even less physical help our cause, particularly if that player isn't touching the football?
    I'm a Schache supporter but we simply cannot carry passengers both inside F50 or up the ground as 2nd ruck. He needs to get much more involved and more often.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I'm a Schache supporter but we simply cannot carry passengers both inside F50 or up the ground as 2nd ruck. He needs to get much more involved and more often.
    Why is it we give Schache a free pass, as being a young key tall... and yet Naughton in year 2 is a game changer who asserts himself in all facets of play?
    Schache is largely timid, tentative, and low intensity and very much a long shot to be a legitimate long term key AFL player.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else get frustrated by Macrae's constant tendency to go to ground and try to draw contact. He's better than that.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Why is it we give Schache a free pass, as being a young key tall... and yet Naughton in year 2 is a game changer who asserts himself in all facets of play?
    Schache is largely timid, tentative, and low intensity and very much a long shot to be a legitimate long term key AFL player.
    He might be tall but Schache aint a key forward. He needs to get on his bike and use his supposed elite tank to provide a bailout option.

Naughton is next level and most key forwards under 21 would pale in comparison to him.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Agree entirely on Schache. He just has to insert himself into the game , as does Gowers .
    Poor tonight , both of them .

Post Thanks / Like

Yes we get it Taylor
    Collingwood have got more supporters and no need to have a peeing competition

11. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just back from the game. Thought we had them when Wally put us two goals up. We took out chances in the 3rd quarter and kicked a few goals against the trend of the game.

They just had too much run and were cleaner in the last. Cox also had a massive influence. The five day break had to be a factor. We looked like we were running on the spot.

Turnovers that cost us cheap goals have been a trend for the last three weeks. Some atrocious kicking resulted in three gifts. That’s basically the ball game. When we got our chance on the turnover, we didn’t hurt them.

13. Likes Eastdog, bornadog, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dissapointed again with the result tonight but still a lot of good moments but the skill level from both sides was way down. Talking with my brother who is a happy Pies fan tonight he wasn't that impressed with the game and win but in the end they won and we didn't which makes it even more frustrating on our end. Our mids got a lot of the ball but the overall game was a defensive one.

We need a lot more from our forawrds Gowers, Schache dissapointing. For me tonight I thought Naughton, Crozier, Daniel, Bont, Macrae were good. Suckling and McLean kicked nice goals and the Lloyd goal I liked. Still a struggle for us find the sticks. Crozier's mark was fantastic.

Onto Easter Sunday and back at Marvel Stadium against the Blues.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 13-04-2019 at 11:01 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

15. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

how did Trengove play tonight? .
    Trengove 26 disposals and kicked 2.2
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Just back from the game. Thought we had them when Wally put us two goals up. We took out chances in the 3rd quarter and kicked a few goals against the trend of the game.

They just had too much run and were cleaner in the last. Cox also had a massive influence. The five day break had to be a factor. We looked like we were running on the spot.

Turnovers that cost us cheap goals have been a trend for the last three weeks. Some atrocious kicking resulted in three gifts. That’s basically the ball game. When we got our chance on the turnover, we didn’t hurt them.
    Spot on well summed up.

With Schache and Gowers not firing we left to it to too few to kick goals. We seem to run out of puff in the last ten minutes, and they won the ball out of the centre and it was game over. De Goey to the centre made all the difference.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

A funny game to make sense of. I feared we would be belted. But our midfield were very strong in negating the Grundy ruck dominance. I don’t think I’ve seen a 19yo mark like Aaron Naughton. My god he is impressive.

It was a disappointing night for Gowers and Schache. But the kicking into the forward line continues to be atrocious. I am usually a big fan of Hunter but his kicking can be such a liability...and knowing that, he then stops and props and we lose momentum. Ed needs to go back to Footscray and find form. JJ will be better for the run. Bailey Smith improves each week. That magic goal on the big stage will show him he belongs.

All in all I feel very encouraged. We are not far off from becoming a very good side, our premiership core will still be in their prime when the young talent matures, we just need to keep positive even when our efforts don’t bring the just rewards.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

19. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post